No Sam/Teo= No Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The old power game that won the premiership in 2014 is definately gone....
Shows the impact of big Sam & the under rated Ben Teo.
Rolled them up the middle all night & the Burgess bros still there have dropped in aggression & even appear smaller & softer than in 2014.....maybe its attitude or lack of it, without the other 2 leading them??
Good as Inglis is, against the better teams without quality go foward - will struggle to make an impact...perfect.

Love your observations as always maxta, last year it was three burgess hit ups and maybe a Clarke then kick for a wingers or if someone made a break gi would be chiming in.
It should be worse fir them next year I hope. Souffs fans I know are worried about their run to the finals andcrunning out of steam.

Mental fatigue and desire is Souths biggest enemy this year.

Sam had a massive effect on inspiring the troops.
Souths miss that even more than his metres.

Any team that loses Burgess is going to be weaker and Teo did such a good job for them even if he is an A grade thug!

The vermin are suffering from a bit of a hang over and each week they are being targeted. If they stay in the top 4 they still have the team to do some damage, they have a really tough draw that will either prime them or they will bomb out.

Manly showed on Friday that if you play faster, the vermin struggle on the fringes. Look at Manlys first try, a big example of that.

Very VERY hard to go back to back in the modern era.

Every single team , even the ones right down the bottom lift when they play last years Premiers.

And yes they certainly miss the big Burgi!

The hangover from celebrating the end of a 40 year premiership drought will last a couple of seasons I reckon. Hard to stay up and hungry after getting that crusted on monkey off you back finally. I'd say they are still celebrating and just making up numbers this year.

And they're missing some suspect cutting edge sports science that was quietly ceased even though it helped them steamroll everyone at the backend of 2015. Hmmmm, now why would they do that and why aren't the journos asking questions?!

Last edited:
Sam yes but i think Teo is overated. Teo is a good player but he is not marquee and has no where near the impact of a Sam Burgess.
Jake T is 5x the player today then Teo ever was. If Teo was so good he wouldn't of had to go to Irish rugby for a big paycheck.

And that makes him great? They needed heaps more out of him in attack. He plays when he feels like it.

And they're missing some suspect cutting edge sports science that was quietly ceased even though it helped them steamroll everyone at the backend of 2015. Hmmmm, now why would they do that and why aren't the journos asking questions?!
Ahhhh the mythical "patches" that were banned everywhere else, seemingly gave them a physical edge, and which they don't use any more... Don't look too closely @Bradza fairytales are supposed to have a happy ending!

It was always going to be tough to replicate last year, and the loss of Burgess and Teo is huge.

It's funny to think there was talk of them going undefeated at the start of the year. I always laugh when I hear that kind of rubbish.

Gi was great the other night in a beaten team. He saved at least 2 tries, and got out of the in goal well when Brett was there to stop him.

Yeah I'm no fan of the diver but he was far and away the Vermin's best on Friday night. If Souffs didn't have him we'd have hit 40 against them.

Any team that loses Burgess is going to be weaker and Teo did such a good job for them even if he is an A grade thug!

The vermin are suffering from a bit of a hang over and each week they are being targeted. If they stay in the top 4 they still have the team to do some damage, they have a really tough draw that will either prime them or they will bomb out.

Manly showed on Friday that if you play faster, the vermin struggle on the fringes. Look at Manlys first try, a big example of that.
Next year with the number of interchanges reduced, their big forwards will start getting tired much earlier in the game and the more mobile, quicker forwards like Jake and Starling will put them on show. Really excited to see how the game pans out next year! Hoping to see Mateo shine a lot more with the bigger guys not being able to tackle him in numbers due to fatigue.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6