No Sin Bin anymore???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
If Cooper Cronk didn't get sent to the sin bin today...Know one will ever go again.

Protected species

oh i am daniel anderson.....oh and the vid ref does not understand why that was not a sin bin offense.....he is....gobsmacked!

ok then.

now i said that....lets move on with no friggen consequences what so ever.

Nah it's easy, different rules for " the big three" ( and number 4 also, although now a bunny)

Not sure of exact timing but in the 10 minutes Cronk should have been in the bin he set up a try and kicked a field goal to take the game from 10 all to 17-10 & out of Knights reach.

Cronk deliberately brought down Boyd who was trying to regather an attacking Jarrod Mullen chip kick inside the Storm 20.

The referees gave a penalty to the Knights that allowed them level the scores 10-all with a penalty kick but Newcastle coach Wayne Bennett said Cronk should have been sin-binned for the professional foul.

However, when asked of his opinion of the incident, Bellamy claimed similar offences in recent matches had not resulted in players being sin-binned, so he was unsure of what actually constituted a sin bin offence.

"I don't know," said Bellamy. "I suppose if Cooper (Cronk) just turned his back it would have been OK – he just would have been heading back towards the ball, but he did grab hold of him so...

"But again I am not quite sure what a sin bin is. If you think back a few weeks ago we played the Bulldogs and Josh Reynolds didn't go to the sin bin.

"Like I say, I am not quite sure what is, but I was glad that he didn't get sent to the sin bin obviously because he is on our team – it could have been a sin bin I suppose, but I am not sure what a sin bin really is after a couple of incidents we have seen in the last few weeks."

Storm skipper Cameron Smith was more forthright, saying that he was sure it was not a sin bin offence.

"I thought a sin-binning is if it was a certain try for Newcastle and I thought Billy Slater had that covered every day of the week, so the penalty was sufficient I thought," Smith said.

Bennett also said that the Storm were deliberately giving away penalties to slow the play by holding down in the play-the-ball in a ploy to reset their defensive line.

Smith admitted that they had been penalised for those incidents during the game but was adamant that the Knights were doing the likewise.

"We seem to be getting a lot of penalties against us in the ruck for holding down of deliberately slowing down the play, but I didn't think it was too much different to what they were doing to us really," Smith said.

"I spoke to the referees on the run but obviously they saw it different to how I did out there today."

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/news/bellamy-coy-on-cronk-controversy-248700

stuff like this just makes me shake my head.

It was a professional foul. Professional fouls result in sin binning.

Lets see the refs talk themselves out of this one.

Video refs....

the incident was reviewed by video referees Henry Perenara and Luke Patten.

Looks like Perenara was still in 'manly' mode.

getoutofjail.jpg

Cronk's lucky break

Long has there been a perception that Melbourne Storm's big three are a protected species and on Sunday afternoon the theory was again given oxygen.

With Newcastle putting the blowtorch on the reigning premiers midway through the second half, Darius Boyd was the intended recipient of a first play kick from Jarrod Mullen off the back of an attacking scrum.

Boyd was even money with Billy Slater to get to the ball first when he was blatantly taken out by Cronk - the kind of play the professional foul sin bin was invented for.

A penalty try was considered. The sin bin was considered. But, after what seemed like an eternity and 75 looks at the replay from 28 different angles, just a penalty was given. Even Cam Smith couldn't hide his bewilderment - betrayed by a cheeky grin when the decision was finally made to leave Cronk on the field.

The Knights had to be content with two points from a penalty kick.

Says it all really

had to supply the link to this story.
Have a look at how red they made Toovey's melon. Heaps funny. :D

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/moments-that-made-nrl-round-23-one-of-the-weirdest-weekends-of-football-in-a-long-time/story-fndujljl-1226699816990

[attachment=587]

[attachment=588]

Attachments

• FSD_TOOVEY_BLOW_UP_FUNNY.jpg
    FSD_TOOVEY_BLOW_UP_FUNNY.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 873429-toovey.jpg
    873429-toovey.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4