No to Maloney and Snowden.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
After tonights matches, I hope we steer clear on Maloney and Snowden.

Maloney blinked on the 4th tackle and when rushed, still attempted a miracle field goal, before a poor one on miss on Ben Hunt for the Broncos match winner.

Snowden featured in an error riddled and ill disciplined performance against the Sharks of all teams. He was poor, giving away penalties, dropping balls cold, and going in soft in D.

No thanks!

A big YES to Maloney for me.Clearly the best option available.To pick a couple of incidents out of one game of a blokes career to judge him Is absolutely ridiculous..I could pick out of the same game his great short kicking game for the night and him pointlessly beating Hunt for a try .and that doesn't mean he's a great player on one game only as well.

As for stupid field goal attempts have a look at Hunt and Pearce in the same game and almost every other half except Hodkinson and definitely including our 1. 5 million dollar man.In general Rugby League players are extremely ordinary in terms of the one pointers.

How about looking at his career instead.Was recruited by the Warriors after being stuck behind Cronk and Co at Storm and was a big part in getting them to a GF in 2011.Went to the Roosters and with SBW (and Steggles))he was vital in getting them up in the second half in the GF in 2013.Two under performing teams recruit him and basically straight into GFs after recruiting him.

A couple of other pluses are his fantastic goal kicking and the fact he is a joker and a pest.Fans hate him when he is in the opposition but in my experience those sort of players are great for team morale and don't we need some of that.Depends on his asking price of course but he is clearly the best available option.Even at 800k he is still half a million cheaper than the million dollar babies.

I would sign him. He has a lot of experience. His defence is suspect though and he is no dce in attack

Sounds like a like for like swap for Foz, seriously though someone with his experience plus a young up an commer would be the best option. We don't have the tight fwd pack we used to that protected foz and dce when they were starting out so two inexperienced halves wouldn't be the best for us at this stage.

All i can think about is Elgey coming down here, we make him into a great player then in four yrs GC come calling again and he goes as he seems to like the GC

I rate DCE as a player but given the last 12 months I don't think his attack outshines Maloney by much at the moment.His defence on the other hand is streets ahead of Maloney.DCE is a better player than Maloney but he also costs half a million more lol.
We can't get caught up in comparing everyone to a great young player like DCE though.He is gone.It is now a matter of picking the best available option from within or by recruitment.

The thing that concerns me about Maloney is his motivation.

At his age and with the career highlights he as would he be interested in taking a leading role in a major rebuild? He never really strikes me as an on-field leader, he tends to drift along in games and has the ability to take an opportunity but does he create many?

At his best he's certainly a good player, but not convinced he'd be a good fit for our needs.

Widdop on the other hand might be interesting.

Beggars can't be choosers. We need to work our way up to beggar level first, and then take anything we can get. Maloney and Snowden are probably thinking they wouldn't want to come here anyway. Like Sezer and Tom Burgess.

The thing that concerns me about Maloney is his motivation.

At his age and with the career highlights he as would he be interested in taking a leading role in a major rebuild? He never really strikes me as an on-field leader, he tends to drift along in games and has the ability to take an opportunity but does he create many?

At his best he's certainly a good player, but not convinced he'd be a good fit for our needs.

Widdop on the other hand might be interesting.
I think Widdop would be a better option as well, Maloney's weaknesses are hidden by him playing in a great team, Widdop learnt his trade from the big 3 at the drizzle and he is a consistent performer and reliable goal kicker. If he was available I would love to see him in maroon and white.

Maloney nearly won the Game for the rorters last night.
Has a good kicking game and can kick goals. Personally I hope we try to develop some younger players as many posters have mentioned we have 2 promising halves in our under 20's. We need to sign them both from what I have seen even to play reserves next year

Beggars can't be choosers. We need to work our way up to beggar level first, and then take anything we can get. Maloney and Snowden are probably thinking they wouldn't want to come here anyway. Like Sezer and Tom Burgess.

Haha! Reminds me of that Grouch quote...

“Why, look at me. I've worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.”
Groucho Marx.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6