1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Footy related: Slacks Creek Fire

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +6,359 /94
    Hi All,

I know this isn't footy related but thought it worth putting in here.
    I just listened to the press conference with the poor man who lost 11 members of his family in a house fire in Slacks Creek, south of Brisbane.

I couldn't help but feel for this guy and feel totally shocked and upset by the tragedy.

Listening to him, it is hard to imagine that I have any problems in the world, when compared to this poor man.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/fears-for-11-people-in-kingston-house-fire-south-of-brisbane/story-fn7x8me2-1226120876772

All I ask is that you all spare a thought for these poor people, and if you feel you have a problem today, think about this poor man, and forget your troubles, if only for 24 hours.

Dan

2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 /0
    100% right Dan, what a tragic situation. You can't help but feel a little of his pain when you realize how much was taken from him.

• Like Like x 1
    • jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
      +1,007 /28
      What a tragic day for the family

• Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
      Ratings:
      +6,359 /94
      Well done to the team playing with black arm bands and sending their wishes to these two families!

Well done again

• Like Like x 1
      • SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +8,004 /153
        Kite mentioned it at the after match press conference.

• Like Like x 1