North Queensland Cowboys v Manly Sea Eagles teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly Sea Eagles
Cowboys vs Sea Eagles - Team Lineup
Manly Sea Eagles
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=15813

Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has been forced to make changes to his back line after news broke today that Sea Eagles fullback, Brett Stewart, has been forced out for 8-12 weeks with a knee injury.

However there is good news and its news we have all been waiting for - Wolfman is back! Dave Williams will slot straight into the wing position vacated by Michael Robertson who moves to fullback. George Rose comes onto a 5 man bench.

1. Michael Robertson
2. David Williams
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. Michael Bani
6. Chris Bailey
7. Matt Orford (c)
8. Brent Kite
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14. Heath L’Estrange
15. Jason King
16. Adam Cuthbertson
18. Shane Rodney
21. George Rose

Coach: Des Hasler

Dave Penna's undefeated Toyota Cup team takes on the mid table Cowboys as a precursor to the NRL on Saturday night. The junior Sea Eagles will face a massive challenge as they struggle with an ever increasing injury toll and to make matters even tougher they will need to overcome the hot and humid conditions in FNQ.

1. Mitchell Porter
2. Michael Oldfield
3. Blake Davey
4. Shane Gray
5. David Sheehan
6. Scott Blanch
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Ilija Radan
9. Brad Bennett
10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
11. Darcy Lussick
12. Michael Tiopira
13. Jamie Buhrer (c)

Interchange.
14. Liam Higgins
15. Chris Stolk
16. Lama Tasi
17. Todd Wilson

Coach: David Penna

North Queensland Cowboys
1. Matthew Bowen
2. Ben Farrar
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. Travis Burns
7. Johnathon Thurston (c)
8. Shane Tronc
9. Aaron Payne
10. Antonio Kaufusi
11. Steve Southern
12. Scott Bolton
13. Luke O'Donnell

Interchange: 14. Ben Harris, 15. Steve Rapira, 16. Matt Scott, 17. Carl Webb
Reserves: 18. John Williams, 19. James Tamou

www.cowboys.com.au

They looked extremely ordinary down in Canberra the other week. Thurston is out of sorts and the backline sans Bowen is very average. Should beat them even without Stewart.

Downie link said:
They looked extremely ordinary down in Canberra the other week. Thurston is out of sorts and the backline sans Bowen is very average. Should beat them even without Stewart.

theres a 28% chance of that happening

If Des puts Robbo at fullback then Des's my new 'HateMan'.  Why repeat the failures of the past... endlessly.  Stick Bani there.  At least then you're not weakening one position to weaken another. 

"New" DSM ? Didn't realize you were off his case haha

As long as Robbo is catching the ball, I can stomach him at FB. He is the best under it after Stewart so I see that reasoning with him being here

The thing we all have to understand I suppose, is that Brett Stewart can't be replaced by any other player in the comp, let alone from inside our own club, so the expectations should probably be lowered from a standout to a solid performance from whichever player fills in there

Kiwi, the facts are that Robbo is not a good fullback.  He's a very good winger.  If Robbo gets moved then we weaken that wing spot.  I'd give Bani a go or the Sunshine Coast Eagles guy a jersey.  Imo wouldn't hurt.  Anyway Ash Graham, centre, is injured for the Girls so that's a plus.

I don't believe he is an outstanding fullback DSM, but I also don't think he is terrible either

He takes all the high kicks, and with a stronger return would be ok, and I would have more confidence with him there than Bani. Having said that, I would prefer Williams of the 3

I don't see any of the above having Stewart's ability to chime into the plays, and of the 3 I would probably have to rate Robbo top of the pile for the support play too, only based on the few ocassions he filled in last season when Stewart was out and he bagged a few tries backing up

Kiwi, I really haven't seen Robbo put a good one in at fullback.  I first saw it happening at Parra in the wet in 07 I think.  He was diabolical.  I'm devastated at Brett's injury and haven't really got any thoughts on Bani being better than Williams.  Besides will Williams be back next weekend?  If not then Bani would be my go and keep Robbo in the position he's best at.  The forwards will have to stand up.  As I said, Ash Graham being out is a plus for us.  I rate him..  

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I don't believe he is an outstanding fullback DSM, but I also don't think he is terrible either

He takes all the high kicks, and with a stronger return would be ok, and I would have more confidence with him there than Bani. Having said that, I would prefer Williams of the 3

I don't see any of the above having Stewart's ability to chime into the plays, and of the 3 I would probably have to rate Robbo top of the pile for the support play too, only based on the few ocassions he filled in last season when Stewart was out and he bagged a few tries backing up

Have to agree. Whilst I wouldn't mind seeing Wolfman have a go, Robertson is a solid choice.
I think if the rest of the team is fired up and plays like they did last week in the first half we will be ok.
It was a team effort (or lack there of) that cost us in the openning rounds. Their focus seems to be returning and if Lyon is doing the conversions it gives us an even better shot.

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi, the facts are that Robbo is not a good fullback.  He's a very good winger.  If Robbo gets moved then we weaken that wing spot.  I'd give Bani a go or the Sunshine Coast Eagles guy a jersey.  Imo wouldn't hurt.  Anyway Ash Graham, centre, is injured for the Girls so that's a plus.

You don't like Robbo at fullback, a player who has been the solid fullback back-up for Stewy for a few years now, yet you would like Bani there, who has played how many games there.

We are never going to have a back-up anywhere near Stewart, so I really fail to see what you want...

Williams is worth a shot.

Robbo stands too deep and is poor defensively.. just gets steam roled or side stepped on one ones.

One good thing with the side named
............NO NEUMANN!!!!!!!!

Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Referees: Gavin Badger & Steve Lyons
Sideline: Ricky McFarlane & Adam Reid
Video: Sean Hampstead

With DSM on this one.  Robbo is not a fullback despite many, many shots at filling in there.  He even looked very poor in that position in the World Cup when playing nobodies that he should have torn up. Yet he's a star at wing.

The fear is that Robbo will give us the performance that will maintain the 28% record, and totally kill off our season. Time for Des to think outside the square.

A very important but not visible role of fullback is helping organise the defence, something Stewie and Ridgy (before him) have been expert at.  Manly's results with Robbo at fullback don't suggest he's fulfilling this role very well.  Does Des consider Bani lacks confidence to speak up? Can't imagine Wolfman would lack that confidence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6