Nostra-Dan-us disproved

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
The prediction was writ, the faithful flocked to the sage's words, but fate's die was cast on the ashes of another season. The entrails from the corpse of the once mighty Sea Eagle were scattered and dissected.

Despite the flow of congratulations the results are in. Manly finished 7th.  ;)

Bradza, thats correct. We finished the season proper in 5th......

next year 7th may be on the cards though

We finished 7th in the 2009 NRL Premiership. That is how it is and will always be measured. The Dragons didn't come first (they may but only if they win the GF). This isn't the EPL.

7th

How do you decide who finishes 7th or 8th out of Manly and Newcastle ? Or for that matter, 5th and 6th out of next weeks two eliminated teams. At some point you've got to make an arbitrary decision based on ladder position at completion of home and away series.

It isn't arbitrary. If two teams finished the end of 26 weeks in 5th and 3rd position (for example) and they both get knocked out next week then the team that finished the normal season in 5th place comes 6th and the other 5th. It has always been shown that way in season summaries in Rugby League Week and that will do me.

ManlyBacker link said:
It isn't arbitrary. If two teams finished the end of 26 weeks in 5th and 3rd position (for example) and they both get knocked out next week then the team that finished the normal season in 5th place comes 6th and the other 5th. It has always been shown that way in season summaries in Rugby League Week and that will do me.

Who finished 7th and 8th last year, and 4th or 5th.

Sorry mate, i measure by the table, always have an always will. Premiership is different, my prediction was and always has been for end of season proper.

When we ask for predictions each year no-one ever says "Where will we finish after the finals are over?"

no its where will we finish, and the answer is often "Blah and get knocked out in week blah of the finals"

Dan's trying to re-write history.  Even when we finished 2nd on the table last year he kept up his chorus of 5th for the finals.

Matabele link said:
Dan's trying to re-write history.  Even when we finished 2nd on the table last year he kept up his chorus of 5th for the finals.

since when has history not been twisted to suit an agenda?

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181731.msg241799#msg241799 date=1252890153]

[/quote]

When religions involved  ;)

Dan link said:

[/quote]  What I found amusing was when we were safely through to the preliminary final after beating the Queens, you were still trying to find a way to work out a 5th placed finish.   :p

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181731.msg241803#msg241803 date=1252890367]

[/quote]  What I found amusing was when we were safely through to the preliminary final after beating the Queens, you were still trying to find a way to work out a 5th placed finish.  :p
[/quote]

Have you ever seen me admit defeat easily?

I am persistent and consistent at the very least

no no not misguided, just firm in my beliefs of my own opinions, no matter the evidence to counter them.
That's what makes opinions great, they are opinions and not completely required to be bound by anything else.

Besides........I am rarely wrong

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6