Not many favorites win the title?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Enigma

Reserve Grader
It seems to me that only sometimes does the premiership favorite ( At the start of the season) win the title maybe 10 % or a bit more. I think Manly were favorites the year after one at least of our last titles but snake got injured. I imagine Souths were favoured last year and Easts the year before. I am fairly sure Easts were favorites in 88 after almost beating us in 87s semi. I do not bet on the Footy but I imagine the Cows are this years suspects of title glory. I like the uncertainty and have seen many teams seem unbeatable half way thru a season yet not contend later on. The Cows were playing like wooden spooners for the first month last season. It will be very interesting to see who fires in Sept this year. Are the Pennies this years dark horse?

Almost every year the defending premiers are the favourites, which to me is always wrong. There's a reason why there's been no back to back in a United Comp since 93.

Well if it aint us, I for one hope they do.

Hope they best a Qld team too just for the squeels from the sooky pricks.

Imagine Gallen hoisting it up with JT/Parker crying into their navels. Beautiful.

Agreed. I know I am not going out on much of a limb here by saying that the winner of this year's comp will come from the current top 4 and of those it's a no brainer for me. Sharkies for sure.

Sharks this years IMO Broncos have too many injuries like McCollough to play consistently. Next year will be the Broncos year. Sharks Cowboys and Panthers are my favourites for this year

They lost yesterday. But I'm still liking the look of what Des is doing at the dogs this year.

Come September I'm sticking with them being the team to beat.

Im waiting for the Girls bubble to burst ( forget last weekend), if any are injured during Origin it could derail their year , otherwise now the Squeals are gone ( well almost ) and the Nein favs out of contention I wonder if the " back to back" for the first time since the early 90's might get a run.

A lot of football to be played between now and September.
Cowboys haven't lost any of thier important players from last years squad. They have a strong chance of going back to back depends on attitude and injuries.
Brisbane will be ready come semis finals time
Sharks will choke.
The storm are always hard to beat.
Who knows what he raiders and dogs will do, both too inconsistent atm

If it can't be us, any other team except the Donkeys and their arrogant supporters. The way they carry on up here you'd think they'd already won it. It was funny on the news when they lost to the tigers, it was about the 5th story in during the sport and they showed about 3 secs of it. The poor depleted baby Broncos, it's not fair during origin, it's just not fair!!!! waaaaaaaaaa

I'm tipping us to win 9 from final 13 and finish around 30 points . That will have us well in the 8 and with a injury free finals series will have us primed for the charge . Its a big fat MANLY from me .

Almost every year the defending premiers are the favourites, which to me is always wrong. There's a reason why there's been no back to back in a United Comp since 93.
True, and the team that won back to back at that time were so far over the salary cap that it beggers belief.

Well if it aint us, I for one hope they do.

Hope they best a Qld team too just for the squeels from the sooky pricks.

Imagine Gallen hoisting it up with JT/Parker crying into their navels. Beautiful.
I'm on board with this as long as it is the donkeys losing their 2nd GF in a row.........I'm salivating at the thought.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6