Not quite All the stars match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am liking this game more and more. Indigenous players wanted it more and the score reflected that. JT was outstanding.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Cringed when that Kate Lundy came in gushing over the game just 2 days after stabbing every player in the back!! Bugger off to the back blocks of Canberra will you???

Agree on this. What was she thinking after shafting every sport code in the country?

Napper said:
This game means alot to some. Stop the whinging and be glad some footy is back on.

It means a lot to a minority. For the vast majority (including players in the All Stars) it is just a chance to watch some great players early in the season.

It is an unbalanced concept that allows one side to openly boo the opposition, with the other mindful of the pc issues that prevent them doing the same.

There has to be a better way to promote the Indigenous community through Rugby League than this.

The minute silence was the loudest in a while also. Not sure of it wasn't announced well enough at the ground or it was a lack of respect.

If ever a game should be taken to outback Australia this is it

I would suggest it is for the indigenous population to comment on its relevance

Moments of silence at sporting games are always ruined by some bell ends cheering or clapping. Whilst I haven't noticed it at the Dragons Roosters ANZAC Day NRL games that I have been to, I always see it at the MCG for the AFL ANZAC Day game. Deadset idiots.

Garts said:
Am I racist because I am cheering for the all stars?

Yes, you white devil.

ManlyBacker said:
I am liking this game more and more. Indigenous players wanted it more and the score reflected that. JT was outstanding.

Agree. Hands down best rep player on earth. If he could take the same intensity to club level he'd be unstoppable. Awesome awareness and kicking game. Beautiful.

Foran was used poorly. Benji and Shaun Johnson were horrible.

Okay my take on the game (again there with a few other Manly supporters) :

They changed the start which is good, thought they stripped it back to being a celebration and not play the politic card it has in the past.
In saying that they really pushed the movie of Jess Mauboy's.
Must have been nervous the last time she performed on a sporting arena because got it right this time.

The game itself the Allstars looked disinterested and there perfomance reflected it.
The Indigenous played great and there was a player that would great in the famous maroon and white - Ryan James big, fit and fast(who knows a few of the ex titans players might talk him into it).
The half time entertainment was diabolical a guy drawing lines in sand is suppose to cut it for a marquee event you're joking right.

Ryan James is a very good player. He and Sam Tagatese were a good interchange pair for the Titans. I thought George Rose went well last night and I'm tipping a big year for him. (I do that every year lol) A Blues jersey for George, would add impact from the bench.

I find the whole concept incredibly racist.

Why we need an us and them mentality within our own nation is pathetic. For that to then be reproduced on a football field for entertainment is about as appalling as I could imagine.

I'd sooner pour acid on my skin and watch it peel off for 80 mins than support nothing more than a small fry sport playing a black v white extravaganza under the guise of apparently promoting togetherness and not separation.

fLIP said:
I find the whole concept incredibly racist.

Why we need an us and them mentality within our own nation is pathetic. For that to then be reproduced on a football field for entertainment is about as appalling as I could imagine.

I'd sooner pour acid on my skin and watch it peel off for 80 mins than support nothing more than a small fry sport playing a black v white extravaganza under the guise of apparently promoting togetherness and not separation.

I noticed how 'white' Johnson, Mateo, Uate, Mason, Hayne were last night

I have never understood non native people calling racism over things like the all star game

Much like in the US where feb is black history month. A fair few people comment asking where white history month is....simple answer is the other 11 months of the year

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4