November 2013 Hacking of site alert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
@Dan

Hi all, seems some areas of the site has been hacked again.

You will find that clicking on some forum links (eg the 'forums' button on the front page, and clicking on the 'silvertails Manly Sea eagles supporter forums' link at the top of the page)..

will come up with a page "oh noes :("

Then a conversational posts between people.

I don't think it's april the first and hopefully Dan is on to it!

cheers

ge

edit: reading that page....looks like our illustrious owner is yacking to the hackers.

Yeah same group who hacked it in May.

To be honest I am over it. Don't need the stress, don't need the financial burden, i am kind of at the point I might just **** the ****en site down

I think we all can understand the stressful nature of your life at the moment:
New job, new country, accommodation got screwed up, loving family back in aust, and the like. And now this!

You're going to get a chorus of responses about chin up, keep it going and donations. I'm just the first (as I'm awake).

So, I can't solve many of those first hassles - changed country myself!

But eventually, stop swimming against the tide donation wise. Pretty much every other site has some sort of 'donate to keep the site running.'

Some have a monthly thermometer like gauge showing how close we are in donations received for that month, whilst others have a 'pay $10 and be a platinum member.'

It's a WAY for thankful MEMBERS to show the site owners and hard workers their SUPPORT!

So don't give us your usual I don't wanna, I'll feel bad response or we'll throw clogs and tulips at you! :p

That doesn't take away the ****ty stress you're going through but at least you could afford any extra security for the site (oh and back up more..lol)

Anyway.... chin up mate and hang tough.

You think you got problems? My dog wants to go for a walk and it snowed 10cms last night!

problem is its more or less inevitable, they will just continue to break things going forward. Its kind of pointless, better off finding a managed solution i think. Or maybe just sell the site and be done with it

Sell it to Kaspersky!
Your efforts are always appreciated mate. Good luck getting this sorted.

This time they were ethical enough not to completely destroy things, it was more to see if it could be exploited. They did inadvertently break the tipping comp.

I cant think about this at the moment, have training for the next hour and then need to write a presentation I need to deliver on Tuesday

Don't stress out @Dan - maybe it is time to hang up your Silvertail boots.:angel:
Enjoy this new chapter of your life and stop to smell the herrings :p

Manly Voices will not be silenced, we will find another avenue, just like we found you when that f#@@wit Zorba closed the Forum on the MWSE Site :cool:

Your career and family are more important @dan do what you have to do.

Is it possible to close the site down for a few months during the off season then reopen it around feb. So you aren't rushed and can fix the site when you get some spare time during the summer.

Im exploring a few avenues at the moment

Dan said:
This time they were ethical enough not to completely destroy things, it was more to see if it could be exploited. They did inadvertently break the tipping comp.

I cant think about this at the moment, have training for the next hour and then need to write a presentation I need to deliver on Tuesday

It looks like the "Like" section has been affected too.

Hey @Dan, I heard through the grapevine that your family will be joining you earlier than expected. I hope that it's true as that should be something to cheer you up :)

Like feature was taken down as they edited that file and I need to put up a fresh copy.

As for family yes they join me on sunday, you must have bumped into rob

Dan said:
As for family yes they join me on sunday, you must have bumped into rob

That I did yesterday afternoon :D

Well, that's great news for you that they will be with you on Sunday. I bet you've missed them.

Napper said:
globaleagle said:
Napper said:
globaleagle said:
I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map

Swiper no swiping... OHHHHH MAAAAAN

Or in this case.....

Hackers no hacking!

(GPS.....pfffft)

I was going to like this. But I can't.

You'll always be +1 in my 'count'

edit: looks like the hacking's been erased.

Hey! if we're now officially linked with Manly...maybe @Dan can get some contra protection from our Russian friends?!?!?!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6