Now we all know that Souffs have the Charity shield.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
with the Dragons.
How about Manly make a special match for every time that we play the Eels i.e the Geoff Gerard Trophy (former Eel and Manly player)? This would be something that people of the '70s and '80s would relate to.

It gets interesting in my family (my old man's and uncle's a Parra supporter and with me being a Manly supporter we take the piss out of each other something fierce). BTW I'll be down this year for the Manly vs Parra game after Origin II with a few family members hopefully so those of you that know me come and say g'day.

Currently we have the Mal Reilly Trophy with Newcastle.
We use to have the Ken Irvine Trophy with Norths, if the Bears get in as the Central Coast it should revert back as this and the man of the match get the Graham Eadie award.

There is already too many worthless trophies in the NRL, lets not add another. In my opinion I like having a traditional rivalry that is just that a rivalry not a trumped up version that they sell to the media.

Souths are everywhere, and as seen by the line up of big time sponsors, making the news all the time. Compared to us, Lowie asking if we knew anyone and Des with the monotonous, tired cliche under the radar gets sponsors little press. Our only press is either Brett or Choc and that wasn't positive. We need massive exposure to drum up dollars!!

But adding a shield doesn't really add anything to sell. Normally all they get is a passing mention in the pregame show and/or a single line in the newspaper's preview. There are already half a dozen floating around and I don't care about any.

Honestly when was the last time you got excited to watch the annual game for the Larry Corowa Shield? MY bet is without google the vast majority won't know which two teams even play for it every year.

Fluffy link said:
we should play bradford once a year so we can have the Beaver Bowl

Actually that would be pretty cool. Alternating venues Brookie/Odsal (provided both sides aren't playing the WCC) in the preseason.

Or the game that they want to take to Asia as it :)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291981122[/time]

Ben Wallace link said:
But adding a shield doesn't really add anything to sell. Normally all they get is a passing mention in the pregame show and/or a single line in the newspaper's preview. There are already half a dozen floating around and I don't care about any.

Honestly when was the last time you got excited to watch the annual game for the Larry Corowa Shield? MY bet is without google the vast majority won't know which two teams even play for it every year.

That would be the game that the Titans and Tigers play for - and no I didn't have to goggle it

Darren link said:
Souths are everywhere, and as seen by the line up of big time sponsors, making the news all the time. Compared to us, Lowie asking if we knew anyone and Des with the monotonous, tired cliche under the radar gets sponsors little press. Our only press is either Brett or Choc and that wasn't positive. We need massive exposure to drum up dollars!!
Well said Darren. We can't attract sponsors, so what are we now doing differently in order to rectify that???

Don't we also have one with the Bulldogs? Bullfrog and Arko cup or something?

Too many worthless trophies that are only around to promote rivalries and nobody knows a thing about them until it's after the game and the winning team hangs around for a tiny presentation

If playing an annual pre-season game against a rival say Parramatta got us on TV for an extra game, and therefore got our sponsors more exposure, then I would be all for it. Lets face it the Dragons and Souths get a huge deal of media coverage over the whole Charity Shield thing, so why not get our share of the pie.

Even better - play an annual game against a ESL team, and use it as a method to build a lasting relationship with an English cup, and get us some marketing opportunities in England.

Rusty link said:
If playing an annual pre-season game against a rival say Parramatta got us on TV for an extra game, and therefore got our sponsors more exposure, then I would be all for it. Lets face it the Dragons and Souths get a huge deal of media coverage over the whole Charity Shield thing, so why not get our share of the pie.

Even better - play an annual game against a ESL team, and use it as a method to build a lasting relationship with an English cup, and get us some marketing opportunities in England.

Thank you Rusty you see where I'm coming from.

stuff like Rusty said is great!! I'm sick of this sneaking under the cover crap!! Do Manchester United do it!! Chelsea!! What are we hiding under!! Down here in the Gong, the Dragons are pumped relentlessly!! Why are Souths on all the time?? Let's play a Maori team at Brookie in off season!! Would draw a huge crowd from our fans and Sydney Kiwis, put it on a Saturday night, 10 buck entry and get 15000 thru the gate for a trial, offer $3 buck beers at Leagues club until 11pm and you get 2000 extra customers thru, big meret the players etc. Get a real media manager who gets us on Telegraph, TV all the time, like Souths

Darren, I would hope you sent your suggestion to the Chairman of the Board.  To anyone else and it would get swept under the radar.  The Manly v Maori's game would be huge.

Darren link said:
stuff like Rusty said is great!! I'm sick of this sneaking under the cover crap!! Do Manchester United do it!! Chelsea!! What are we hiding under!! Down here in the Gong, the Dragons are pumped relentlessly!! Why are Souths on all the time?? Let's play a Maori team at Brookie in off season!! Would draw a huge crowd from our fans and Sydney Kiwis, put it on a Saturday night, 10 buck entry and get 15000 thru the gate for a trial, offer $3 buck beers at Leagues club until 11pm and you get 2000 extra customers thru, big meret the players etc. Get a real media manager who gets us on Telegraph, TV all the time, like Souths

An extension of this would be members in for $5  entry and Manly fans should sign left right and centre.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2