Now We Must Take Action!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
After 2 weeks of absolute rock bottom feelings and BS news about players leaving, coaches leaving, ownership struggles and board division. There is one thing has become very clear throughout all of this. That is if you are not a Member of the Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Club and more importantly Football and Leagues club you are powerless.

Everyone that writes or posts on these Forums and also on Facebook or just talk about it in the street needs to join up as a Member and "Earn Their Wings". All the whinging about dis functional Boards and people who shouldn't be on them is just hot air unless you want to make a difference. Regardless of who you think is in the wrong or been hard done by make a difference and sign up.

Also be aware that if you have only signed up to the Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Club, You are not a Member of the Football Club or The Leagues Club.

If you ticked the option in the last two years when obtaining a supporters membership online that said "Join the Football Club and the Leagues Club for an extra $10" then you are a Member of both the Football Club and the Leagues Club

That said if you have only ticked this option since it has been available to do it online you are still ineligible to vote as to my understanding you need to have been a member of the Football Club for 3 years to be able to vote. To my knowledge you could only get Football and Leagues Club membership by going into the Leagues Club 3 years ago.

Don't let the 3 year thing stop you either because if you never sign up you will never start your three years. I know it seems like a long time but who knows what we may need to vote on in 3 years time and your vote could be seriously important.

The other point I would like to make is to people who are unhappy with what the Board/Owners/Coaches or whatever. The same people who make comments like "I am not signing up and giving my hard earned to these idiots cause they cant get their act together" You guys need to sign up for that very reason. You guys are the passionate supporters and the ones we need to stand up and make a difference.
I also read on facebook a person refer to it like the board was taking their cash. The board aren't taking any cash the truth is that they may not be able to get along but believe me every cent earned through membership gets spent on things like Players and paying for Coaches and Support staff these are the people that won us the Grand Final and they deserve it.

If you still get annoyed thinking that your money isn't making a difference then imagine this. You have just walked up to George Rose in the leagues club and you have slipped your membership money into his hand and said " Here mate stick that in your sky rocket as a bit of a thank you for all your hard work this year great job." That's certainly the way I look at it my membership money has gone into the clubs coffers to pay for legends like George.

Your Money and your Membership does make a difference and without it the club goes backwards so sign up and don't forget to tick the box that says: JOIN THE FOOTBALL CLUB AND LEAGUES CLUB FOR AN EXTRA $10

Long Live Manly!!

conanu said:
After 2 weeks of absolute rock bottom feelings and BS news about players leaving, coaches leaving, ownership struggles and board division. There is one thing has become very clear throughout all of this. That is if you are not a Member of the Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Club and more importantly Football and Leagues club you are powerless.

Everyone that writes or posts on these Forums and also on Facebook or just talk about it in the street needs to join up as a Member and "Earn Their Wings". All the whinging about dis functional Boards and people who shouldn't be on them is just hot air unless you want to make a difference. Regardless of who you think is in the wrong or been hard done by make a difference and sign up.

Also be aware that if you have only signed up to the Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Club, You are not a Member of the Football Club or The Leagues Club.

If you ticked the option in the last two years when obtaining a supporters membership online that said "Join the Football Club and the Leagues Club for an extra $10" then you are a Member of both the Football Club and the Leagues Club

That said if you have only ticked this option since it has been available to do it online you are still ineligible to vote as to my understanding you need to have been a member of the Football Club for 3 years to be able to vote. To my knowledge you could only get Football and Leagues Club membership by going into the Leagues Club 3 years ago.

Don't let the 3 year thing stop you either because if you never sign up you will never start your three years. I know it seems like a long time but who knows what we may need to vote on in 3 years time and your vote could be seriously important.

The other point I would like to make is to people who are unhappy with what the Board/Owners/Coaches or whatever. The same people who make comments like "I am not signing up and giving my hard earned to these idiots cause they cant get their act together" You guys need to sign up for that very reason. You guys are the passionate supporters and the ones we need to stand up and make a difference.
I also read on facebook a person refer to it like the board was taking their cash. The board aren't taking any cash the truth is that they may not be able to get along but believe me every cent earned through membership gets spent on things like Players and paying for Coaches and Support staff these are the people that won us the Grand Final and they deserve it.

If you still get annoyed thinking that your money isn't making a difference then imagine this. You have just walked up to George Rose in the leagues club and you have slipped your membership money into his hand and said " Here mate stick that in your sky rocket as a bit of a thank you for all your hard work this year great job." That's certainly the way I look at it my membership money has gone into the clubs coffers to pay for legends like George.

Your Money and your Membership does make a difference and without it the club goes backwards so sign up and don't forget to tick the box that says: JOIN THE FOOTBALL CLUB AND LEAGUES CLUB FOR AN EXTRA $10

Long Live Manly!!

Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea. I will upgrade my membership to include both the football and leagues club.

Great Post. Also remember, the more members we have per year of the Football Club, the more money we have to start trying to buy shares back at the Sea Eagles. Before I die I'd like to see the FC/LC own 50% of the club at least.

Earnie the Eagle said:
conanu said:

Long Live Manly!!

Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea. I will upgrade my membership to include both the football and leagues club.

Will do. $10 is SFA.

Yep.... as soon as I saw this option last season I ticked it. I've still got 2 years to go until I can vote but just happy to finally be an official FC member.

Daddycool said:
Yep.... as soon as I saw this option last season I ticked it. I've still got 2 years to go until I can vote but just happy to finally be an official FC member.

i'm the same, wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't an extra option when renewing your membership so i am glad it was there

About three years ago, maybe four....although not as well promoted as it is today.

Prior to that you had to pay $25 a year to be a Footy Club member and the usual whatever for the LC.

I have been a FC member for about 10 years now, always thougght it was very important, as is membership of the MWSE...even the base $60 level.

To me it's not so much about being able to vote but supporting the club I have loved for almost 50 years.....I well remember those desperate times of the Northern Eagles and I NEVER want to go there again, so EVERY dollar helps in some way.

Fro said:
Please dont tell me how i MUST spend my own money...

Thats cool fro i wasnt forcing or telling anyone just thought it would help the club if as many fans as possible signed up. Everyone supports in their own way. Its a free world or so they say anyway.

have been on holidays for the last 3 weeks and next week when i am in sydney, and with all the crap that has gone on i will be heading straight to manly leagues to join. unfortently with time restaints i can only purchase a 3 match membership as will my twin boys who are 17 they will be joining as well and i will tick for the extra $10.

tookey said:
Fro said:
Please dont tell me how i MUST spend my own money...

Please spell don't and I properly :D

And yes I am a member of the football and leagues clubs

Please don't tell me how eye MUST spend my own money...?

Eye am confused.

mickyj said:
When did they start making it a extra to be a actual member with memebeship?
A few years ago the Manly Sea Eagles started urging fans to become ticketed 'members'. The memberships had certain benefits such as a cap and various match entry entitlements but never gave you any voting rights to anything.

The only Sea Eagle related organisations you can join - and actually be a voting member - are the Manly Warringah District Football Club and the Leagues Club.These bodies currently have representation on the Sea Eagles board of directors so provide (in theory at least) a mechanism for fans to have a say...

I'd like to make an observation about the FC and voting intentions. I think in the 4 to 5 years I have been a member I have received two emails. Both were relating to a contentous point stating the FC's view at the time.

I may be naive but why don't we get emailed the accounts, planned member business for upcoming meetings, issues affecting the organisation, future goals being worked on etc.?

The FC has been seen as a closed shop for a very long time then it was opened up to general members and I joined. Outside of the openness of some directors, which I appreciate, it still acts to me like a secret organisation.

The question I pose to Manly fans is this after finding out if there members or not(they usually ask about the members hat) is this "do you want an another Northern Eagles debacle again?" the answer is a resounding no, so find a package that best suits you and help the club out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6