NRL ANNOUNCE SALARY CAP CHANGES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
NRL Chief Operating Officer Jim Doyle has announced a plethora of salary cap changes to take effect from 2015.

In a press release Doyle explained the changes to include:

– Increasing the veteran player allowance by up to 50 per cent

- Promoting player welfare with a new allowance for clubs who need to field a player outside their roster to replace a player who has suffered a concussion

-Allowing clubs to exclude termination payments from the salary cap where the club has approval from the NRL to terminate a player for behavioural issues which have brought the game into disrepute

- Regulating transfer fees – either by including them in the cap or through other mechanisms.

-Simplifying the salary cap structure by rolling in the existing marquee player allowance and the sponsor servicing allowance into the base cap.

The changes will however be subject to formal negotiation and agreement with the RLPA.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/nrl-announce-salary-cap/

I know "up by 50%" on veteran allowances sounds like a lot, but isn't it basically meaning up from $200k to $300k?

I know there's been a conspiracy that they'd only make a change after we'd lost Gift, but I'm not sure how much difference $100k would have made, or how much it will help with future vet retention at manly (we've got a lot of them!!)

Sweet FA. :mad:

The trx fee being rolled into the Cap makes no sense.
Do they mean that the selling Club's Cap is increased by that amount, whilst the buying Club has their Cap reduced by paid trx fee amount :huh:

The exclusion of termination payment from the Cap is also dodgy. Whats to stop a Club setting a simple minded Player up with a Floozy to flick him ? Their Cap will be freed up and they can do it again and again :dodgy:

Can of worms by the Grubs at HQ :mad:

Nice timing Nrl :mad:
Don't know if this would have helped us keep Gift though.
He will never be a bunny in my eyes.

I'm pretty sure Glenn can back out of his Souths contract anytime up until June 30.
Not sure the increase would be enough for us to keep him anyway.

Gifty, come back to us ! Come on home. Home is where the heart is. You belong with us. You are Manly

bones said:
I'm pretty sure Glenn can back out of his Souths contract anytime up until June 30.
Not sure the increase would be enough for us to keep him anyway.

Usually you can back out before round 13, whenever that is.

HappilyManly said:
The exclusion of termination payment from the Cap is also dodgy. Whats to stop a Club setting a simple minded Player up with a Floozy to flick him ? Their Cap will be freed up and they can do it again and again :dodgy:

Entrapment? Still Rothfield would run with it regardless.

Nein News reported this story as even more convoluted and open to corruption.
'David Smith will have discretion to help a Club recruit, outside of the Cap, a Player from outside the code'. They had that ponce SBW and the cry baby Folau as examples FFS :dodgy:

Wonder if the Donkeys have K Hunt in their sites for DS to start disenfranchising even more NRL Fans with his business acumen :mad:

DCE had better start talking AFL/RU, so that DS can throw the Farm at him and he stays in RL at Manly :idea:

David (I have no idea) Smith is about to go on NRL 360...should be 10 minutes of bullsh!t

And in the first 3 minutes...he says modernised 5 times ...fundamentals 5 times....Gee I wonder who Greenturd gets his scripts written by....The game is in trouble with these 2 in charge...absolute f@rkin waste of space

Timing is everything so often in life.

To announce this now - as many on here predicted - after Gift had agreed to terms with Souffs is gobsmacking.

Don't know how Smith kept a straight face on NRL 360 just now , but you can bet Greenturd has a good old chuckle over numerous long-lunches.

*MAYBE the changes wouldn't have been enough to help us save Gift, but the TIMING of this - straight after our requests to the NRL - is staggering, to say the least! *

I'm pretty sure Manly would have been informed to some degree about these changes and i can't see that any of them would have made a difference anyway. Only if the long serving allowance was $300k per player not per club.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8