NRL announces three pronged enquiry-the carve up begins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
NRL announced a half hour ago it will investigate

1.The original on flield incidents
2.The bench and officials involvement
3.The second stoush

This is simply a f...ing disaster.All the politically correct nuffies and shock jocks are having a field day with massive fines and suspensions being talked about.The real problem is there is no way out.Despite most people thinking it is ok no-one will stick up for on field violence in front of a camera and certianly not on behalf of Manly.With the suspensions and fines being talked about it even if they go light in comparison to those Glen is gonski.Gallop has a cast iron excuse to finish us and he will, believe me(with the rugby league world cheering him on).

Listened to Daniel Anderson on radio who I believe is the best commenator going around.He praised Manly greatly(and Lussick in particular) but said simply that in todays environment this sort of stuff will mean Blair and Stewart will probably not play again this year.He also expects the other main players in the second stoush to be suspended.He thinks wolf is a real blow and i agree with him there.My mail is that Hoppa is still ordinary and wont make it for week 1 of finals also.

This will not win me many votes but as much as I love Glen this was a supremely stupid act that will probably cost us this years title.Given he is our best player, our history with Gallop and last years disgraceful hit that put him out of the semis it is unbelieveable that he comes up with this one week out from the finals. Brett has damaged his leg in all this ****,lussick and co are likely to be suspended and our 1,2 and 5 in the first semi will likely be Oldfield,Williams(good forward but no.5-no!) and Robbo at fullback.Might work in week 1 but thats it.

All of this uproar is politically correct garbage as everyone loves the biff at the footy but the reality is in todays nanny state it will always end in tears.

So for those who want to deify Glen for last night think again.It was a ridiculous and selfish play by the best,most likeable,toughest and most unselfish player on Manly's books and may put to waste the season.Work that out!I cant for the life of me work it out.

Lets just sit back and watch the commentariet spew forth its **** and pray that the do gooders dont win again.

Yep, the media and every single rugby league fan has it out for us, we have no chance this year, I cant see us making it to the GF without Glenn.

We wont lose Glenn for the rest of the season he'll be back by week 3 same with Lussick and Snake. All we have lost is Wolf who has hardly been there all year so Oldfield gets his chance unless Hoppa comes through. Those giving up on us before any enquiry has happened think again. Watch the so called fight between Gift and Blair. Neither of them landed a punch it looked totally staged. Now go and look at this weeks Big league cover. CRUNCH TIME with pictures of Gift and Blair. This is no coincidence this is NEWS LTD generated media publicity at its best. There will be big fines which wont mean **** and a couple of 1 week suspensions that wont matter to either side. Great work from NEWS and the NRL just look at the publicity this is generating.

And this is where I ask, who is really the media manager at the club and are they going to get on the front foot? Is it Zorba or is it someone else? And surely to goodness, whoever it is, it should be understood we are now in the most important 24 hour period of the club's season.

I really, really hope the club is getting on the blower and calling in every favour, even if it means colluding with Melbourne, to be proactive about media management. If Blair did say what is being alleged, this MUST be leaked to a sympathetic media operator so that the feeding frenzy can begin on Blair's carcase. Even if it means enlisting the dubious loyalty of Vautin, getting this information out there tomorrow is a must.

It will be very poor form if this tsunami of outrage is allowed to break over us unchecked.

I think the only players who will have trouble will be the ones seen to throw punches, which from watching the fights again were Smith, Lussick, Glenn and Blair.

Brett and the others will all use the we were trying to pull it apart argument. The Brett hit looks bad, but in all honesty he could say he was just trying to grab blair and it all went wrong when he hurt his knee.

We may be in trouble for the bench entering the field however, although a 2 point competition penalty for that would be huge, and a big over reaction in my opinion.

Hoppa will be back in a few weeks, and Oldfield is massively underrated on these forums, to ask a rookie to be as consistent as some on here expect is almost impossible, frankly you get a player like DCE once in a blue moon, with the others you need to give a little time. I am sure all the young guys will be up for it next week and the one after, then players will start to come back as we are deep into the finals and then boom, GF here we come. Just imagine a rested Lussick and Brett hitting the field in the semis, after having the next 3 weeks off to get ready.

Don't panic.

mickqld said:
We wont lose Glenn for the rest of the season he'll be back by week 3 same with Lussick and Snake. All we have lost is Wolf who has hardly been there all year so Oldfield gets his chance unless Hoppa comes through. Those giving up on us before any enquiry has happened think again. Watch the so called fight between Gift and Blair. Neither of them landed a punch it looked totally staged. Now go and look at this weeks Big league cover. CRUNCH TIME with pictures of Gift and Blair. This is no coincidence this is NEWS LTD generated media publicity at its best. There will be big fines which wont mean s**t and a couple of 1 week suspensions that wont matter to either side. Great work from NEWS and the NRL just look at the publicity this is generating.
The last time there was a brawl of this magnitude players copped up to 5 weeks, and they were not antagonists of the game's CEO either.

Ok after watching the events a few more times i think Lussick is in big trouble, he clearly threw punches in the second fight while Blair was on the ground which was really uncalled for and really makes us look like thugs. Snake didn't actually do much he just tried to grab Blair off his brother but in the process he hurt his knee. For mine Glenn and Lussick will get the longest suspensions. :( Im Shattered as that win showed we had a great chance of winning the premiership at full strength. :(

Mata, would you mind PM'ing me what Blair has supposedly done? I'd like more scope on the whole scenario.

This is a major setback. Hopefully a siege mentality can carry us on.

mickqld said:
We wont lose Glenn for the rest of the season he'll be back by week 3 same with Lussick and Snake.

I'm hearing that Gift has some loading so it could be the end of his year............:s

Anyone think the NRL will hog tie the only 2 teams that will generate the sort of interest that these 2 would for the GF. Channel 9 will be licking their lips in anticipation of the viewing numbers to watch these 2 go at it again.

We are going to have to wait until next year, this reminds me of our late year collapse last year with injuries and suspension.

Pittwater Legend said:
Mata, would you mind PM'ing me what Blair has supposedly done? I'd like more scope on the whole scenario.

Damn I would love to know also, someone feel free to pm me too

Rothfield claims it was "the wildest fight he has ever seen" and then lists off the blame, all of it directed at Manly.

Did noone see the uppercut Blair put on Lussick? What about Blair running up to Stewart when he was minding his own business?

Get involved in the comments section people.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/wildest-league-fight-ive-ever-seen/comments-e6frexnr-1226123255690

voicefromthehill said:
Pittwater Legend said:

Damn I would love to know also, someone feel free to pm me too

Just have a think about what might have been said to Glen to provoke his reaction. It might have something to do with his brother and high profile events of recent years.

Disagree Mick.Anyone who think Glen will not get 3 or 4 weeks plus loading is living in Disneyland.3 weeks finishes him with the loading.Not saying he deserves it but it will happen.The stuff coming from the media is bull**** staged outrage but it will do the trick.There will not be one non Manly voice bagging Gallop when he hands down the punishment via the judiciary stooges.There is absoluteley no way anyone will publicly condone violence and Gallop knows that very well.Glen has played his last game IMO and it is a f...ing disgrace but why should we shocked in this great nanny sate of ours.

My phone lit up with SMS messages as soon as it happened from supporters of other sides suggesting we were cats for having the first 5 players join the second melee. People will take great delight in seeing Manly's season trashed, and will then watch replays of the game for the next 20 years and delight in the great bit of biffo. Idiots.

They ( the media) wanted this so too did the NRL. The week lead up being concentrated on Gallop visiting and the bad blood between the NRL -Manly- Storm all around. Everyone is culpable here including Gallop and his provocations and the media beat up prior to the game. What did anyone expect .........HYPOCRITES!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4