NRL: Bears accuse Manly of stealing juniors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why wouldnt tehy come over. What future do they have at Norths.

Florimo will be next on the bandwagon

I don't blame the kids at all!! They are going to an NRL club with set up to help juniors develop. They could have gone to Souths, Tigers etc. If I had a son who was talented why would you leave him at Norths, Newtown, Wentworthville etc. We get heaps from out west. Penrith is a goldmine but cannot play the 50 odd kids who are talented.

Copa Eagle link said:
they have 3500 paying members for a club that doesnt exist, how many members did we have last year ?
we might have just beat them , but yeah  if  they can get 3,500  & they dnt even play in the nrl its a  pretty   piss poor effort from our supporters then..

jjai link said:
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=185898.msg304878#msg304878 date=1288916090]
they have 3500 paying members for a club that doesnt exist, how many members did we have last year ?
we might have just beat them , but yeah  if  they can get 3,500  & they dnt even play in the nrl its a  pretty  piss poor effort from our supporters then..
[/quote]

Its very sad if weve only just beaten them ! i live on the coast and they are at erina fair every day signing up people, i dont understand why our membership consultants cant get down to warringah mall and do the same thing. Their admin is 10x better than ours and they dont even exist ! its very frustrating, as for the kids good on em, atleast they have a goal to set themselves to !

Im sorry but if my kid was in any junior district that didnt exist,or even one who did id still be happy for him,id just secretly hope he loses when he played against manly

What do they expect? Players are going to stay at Norths forever, waiting for the day the team might get back into the NRL, in which case it will be filled with players bought from elsewhere anyway. They are not an NRL team : Players who want to play NRL will go elsewhere.

The roosters and Us, is a different story, they keep paying overs to pull kids away who would get a chance with us, who would go on to play NRL, its all about money not opportunity.

Frankly I still think the Roosters are over the cap, or at least must be close, I don't know how they can possibly bid on every single player who comes onto the market.

Also on the membership thing, I am sure they pay pittance for their memberships as they don't have to include game entry (At least at NRL level) in the price, it would be $50 or under one would think, and would be about reserving a seat at BT and showing that you plan to support the club more then anything else. It like comparing us and souths, where they practically give memberships away. Its not a fair comparison.

FYI

http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/membership.html

36 bucks or 16.50 for concession....

yeh you guys are right about the memberships, the bears offer very low priced memberships, but heck ! How hard is it for our admin to show their faces around manly, do they ? If the coast gets a team it will be even more harder for manly to find major sponsors, our junior stocks will be invaded ! I hate the frickin Bears that much that id personally bomb bluetongue so theyd piss off somewhere else !

I bet most of those members don't live in north sydney.. And another thing..any kid that lives between say North Sydney and Hornsby who wants to progress in a league career would be looking at Manly, not Gosford, it just seems so far away.

Copa I agree the time to get to the central coast from Hornsby isn't much - it takes 45 mins  to Graham park from my place in wahroonga (brookie is 20 mins in comparison), but the coast does seem a world away given the bush, river f3 etc. A northside kid is a Sydney kid rather than a central coast kid in terms of how they would identify themselves.

Any junior on the North Shore is looking to play Union. Honestly I work at Chatswood RSL, and in this industry there is lots of staff turnover. Having worked with tons of 18-20 guys over the last 5 years, I can tell you for a fact that the North Shore is firmly Union territory now. Not one of the guys who have come and gone have wanted to play League, but I would count 20 - 30 in the last couple of years alone who have played Union, some at levels up to playing for Gordon in the top grade.

**** off loser Bears. You forfeited your rights to anything on the North of the harbour when you went under. Go to Gosford and shut up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4