NRL+Cummins+NthQld 34 - Manly 18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Gosh I am I glad Manly get a ****ing week off. I'll lose my marbles if I see another Manly game any time soon.

In all my time as a fan of rugby league, I have never NOT enjoyed the Manly games as much as this year. I am sick and tired of watching one sided matches on the back of bull**** 5 day turnarounds. Then on top of that referees clearly penalising against Manly in the first half and then clearly giving soft penalties back later when the game is all but gone to even the count.

Proud of Manly to be 4-5 to this point under these lopsided conditions, and also by the way they played tonight. Never quit, but just never stood a chance too much stacked against them.

It's clear this stupid competition is all about money, not entertainment, and they want Manly to die and fade away.

But watch out NRL - something else is going to happen, and I will be only too happy to step on that egg on all your faces.

NYEagle

Simpatico. Lots of luck for the Cow's and every advantage given them by the officials in the first half which ended Manly's chances.

Having said that, Manly is an average or slightly below average team this year.

I wouldn't have a problem if it weren't so goddamn blatant, but it's so easy to see that for the same "offense", the famous "hand on the ball/holding/interference" one team will get pinged time and again whilst the other team will get away with EXACTLY THE SAME FARKEN THING.

All the while the commentary teams nod and talk about "poor discipline": but just don't seem to notice that it's a complete non-issue that has crept into the game over the last few seasons and given the referee's a massive amount of power over the game in progress.

Then there's the timing of such penalties. Keep giving them on the 4th or 5th tackles and you just take the wind out of a team: especially a team on a short turn around (yet again!).

Of course, later in the game you square up the penalty count, but with a bit of thought these penalties can be as adversely meaningless as the other penalties are harmful. Position, and how late in the tackle count are vitally important when considering the impact of a penalty, and throwing a few bones our way when the outcome is beyond doubt is pretty normal these days.

We actually won the penalty count 10-7, yet the actual VALUE of those late penalties is pretty paltry when the game is gone..

I wouldn't have a problem if it weren't so goddamn blatant, but it's so easy to see that for the same "offense", the famous "hand on the ball/holding/interference" one team will get pinged time and again whilst the other team will get away with EXACTLY THE SAME FARKEN THING.

All the while the commentary teams nod and talk about "poor discipline": but just don't seem to notice that it's a complete non-issue that has crept into the game over the last few seasons and given the referee's a massive amount of power over the game in progress.

Then there's the timing of such penalties. Keep giving them on the 4th or 5th tackles and you just take the wind out of a team: especially a team on a short turn around (yet again!).

Of course, later in the game you square up the penalty count, but with a bit of thought these penalties can be as adversely meaningless as the other penalties are harmful. Position, and how late in the tackle count are vitally important when considering the impact of a penalty, and throwing a few bones our way when the outcome is beyond doubt is pretty normal these days.

We actually won the penalty count 10-7, yet the actual VALUE of those late penalties is pretty paltry when the game is gone..

I've been saying this for years , and many accuse me of having a tin foil hat, that might be changing !

I've been saying this for years , and many accuse me of having a tin foil hat, that might be changing !

Me too. We used to see it week in, week out with the Capra's here in Qld as well. The refs rule to the table it seems. If you're a club that's struggling a bit, you have no hope if you're playing a top side. You'll get a square up with the penalties, but it will be deep in your own half on tackle 2.

I'll agree with you on one thing: the refereeing is sub-standard, primarily because they are no longer allowed to use common sense. Too much interference. There can be only one boss. Get back to one referee and get rid of the video ref.
But I believe Manly won the penalty count tonight, so let's face it. Our team is no better than last season. Our NSW Cup team is rubbish and our Under 20s have taken a greater fall this season than a giraffe in high heels.

Head yes but no shoulders.

After their leg up in the first 20 the game was drawn and that included a lucky bounce for their 4th try.

Another thing to watch is where/when the penalties are called. Cows had 3 4th or 5th tackle penalties in the first half, we had 2 1st or 2nd tackle.

Our opponents are the most ill disciplined teams in the final 2 minutes before half time. For the life of me I cannot ever seem to work out why.

OMFG Fluffy - we got dusted 34 - 18. What will it take for you to agree we need to be much, much better?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2