NRL HAS FINED MANLY $85,000,FOR 2012 SALARY CAP BREACHES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jado

Reserve Grader
I just saw this posted on Facebook from Sea Eagles Army....

Can anyone reveal more about this, it hasn't hit the media yet by the looks of it

Jado said:
I just saw this posted on Facebook from Sea Eagles Army....

Can anyone reveal more about this, it hasn't hit the media yet by the looks of it

'Oh here it is, 7 clubs fined >>> http://www.nrl.com/seven-clubs-fined-for-salary-cap-breaches/tabid/10874/newsid/73305/default.aspx

The NRL has completed its final Salary Cap audit of the 2012 season with the Australian Rugby League Commission endorsing a total of $503,407 in fines across seven clubs.

Clubs will have five business days to make final submissions as to why the fine amounts should not be confirmed.

The fines have been imposed for a range of breaches across the Top 25, Second Tier and NYC salary caps and reflect the game’s ongoing commitment to enforcing the Salary Cap.

All penalties have been reviewed by the ARLC Audit and Risk Committee and supported by the Commission.

“The Salary Cap plays an incredibly important role in the competition and all clubs need to be accountable for staying within the limits of the Cap,” NRL Chief Operating Officer, Mr Jim Doyle, said today.

“This closeness of the competition over many years is tied directly to the fair and consistent enforcement of the Salary Cap Rules and the effectiveness of the annual audit process.

“The fact that we are looking to review the cap going forward does not in any way alter the importance of clubs complying with the rules as they stand presently.”

NRL Club

2012 Season Fine

Manly Sea Eagles $85,000

Parramatta Eels $4,700

Newcastle Knights $88,749

Canberra Raiders $144,393

Sydney Roosters $14,348

Gold Coast Titans $16,217

Cronulla Sharks $150,000

Totals $503,407

Please note that these matters refer to the final audit of the 2012 season. All matters relating to the 2013 season (including the signing of players for that season) will be assessed as part of the final 2013 audit.

RE: Salary C(r)ap Breach

I think the previous thread and mine were almost simultaneous. Within a minute of each other.

Hopefully they'll wipe our Prelim final thrashing from the records :)

85K fine, Isn't this the amount we are still T-dog.

I just want to know what this actually means.

Did the club pay someone too much? If so how? And why wasn't it picked up and fixed?

It's almost like losing one's good name.

We can't now bag Melbourne as much as before. That's the bit that sucks.

Don't think we should be over the cap with team at present. Too many overs from Des I reckon coming back to bite us.

Schubert is a joke.
The sole reason izzy was lost again to league is because of this buffoon.
Parramatta last years spooners would have been more competitive had he been allowed to sign originally before the waratards went sniffing.

Nothin got worry about. Every year the NRL announces a number of clubs that have had minor breaches of the cap for the previous year. The way I understand it, the salary cap is not just a case of Player A was on $200K, player B was on $300K etc. Most contracts have various incentives and bonuses attached to them such as bonuses for playing first grade, rep football etc, that can send a club over the cap, particularly if they are forced to use a number of players due to injury/suspension.

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time Manly have been fined for a cap breach, which is surprising to be honest, as most clubs have been fined at one point or another. I think most clubs would know if/when they are over and are willing to just cop the fine.

just had to pick myself up off the ground from laughing so much when I saw the rorters were only 14,348 over the cap,surely thats a mistake,shouldnt it be 1,400,348,that sounds better

No, Roosters are pretty balanced and remember we have had premierships so players contracts go up. Roosters will go through roof soon. Some of those young guys will be looking for big pay rises. Same with Souffs.

Lol eels over. Would think they would be under.

Did we but anyone in 2012? Or is it all the back ended crap?

Darren said:
No, Roosters are pretty balanced and remember we have had premierships so players contracts go up. Roosters will go through roof soon. Some of those young guys will be looking for big pay rises. Same with Souffs.
oh ok,should,ve known you would have all the answers,why do I bother

Cronulla being fined $150 for 2012? Wow. And then they went on a recruitment drive, signing big-name players Lewis, Ryan, Heighington etc.
I wonder how?

mosto said:
N

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time Manly have been fined for a cap breach, which is surprising to be honest, a

pretty sure we were fined $14k last year . . . .

I seem to recall that our esteemed salary cap auditor forced Manly to put more of T-Rex's salary into last years cap as he did not like the structure (or some such nonsense) at the time I am sure it was pointed out this put us over the cap. If I am correct then that is absolute rubbish if a forced restructure is then fined by the same person that initiated it

master blaster said:
just had to pick myself up off the ground from laughing so much when I saw the rorters were only 14,348 over the cap,surely thats a mistake,shouldnt it be 1,400,348,that sounds better

These are the fines MB. The extent to which they breached the cap is different.

Although I'm guessing the size of the fine is indicative of the size of the breach.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2