NRL inconsistencies again Add a Rant Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
1) because Ch9 continue to believe they run the game the start of the finals will be unfair on the SeaEagles if they lose to the Cowboys on Saturday night as Souths or Chooks who play this Thursday Night as 1 of them will get 2 extra days to prepare for the game, lets all hope that we can beat the cowboys so to avoid this crock of **** so we can see the Souffs and chooks bash each other the following week

2) Kane Linnett (cows Centre) does one of the worst dangerous throws this season and gets charged with a grade 1

3) Issac Luke getting off with his kicking out but Ennis not getting charged in the same tackle, they let him off because of the nature of the tackle

Rant over

5) The NRL's refusal to budge on finals venues. The really sad thing is that even if we finish as minor premiers.....we have to play a 'home' final at either the SFS or ANZ. And with that comes the likely scenario of playing a home final at our oppositions home ground. The Rorters play out of the SFS, while the Vermin and Scumdogs play out of ANZ. Hardly an incentive for winning the right to a home final.

Must confess at being in shock with the Linnett tackle, it was text book dangerous....
The main thing (apparently they look at) is hands between the legs whilst lifting - very intentional also - & shows up clearly on replay
Lifting in a spear like fashion ...also a green light
The attacking player landing in a dangerous position - I am suprised he walked away without serious injury - definately would have tested the necks resolve with the crash landing!!
Certainly dont think its part of Linnetts game, but this was a shocker.
To go on further there has been many head scratchers with this judiciary....players getting sideline stints for almost nothing & others (including Manly players) who deserved a spell in recent occasions getting off with nothing.

maxta said:
Must confess at being in shock with the Linnett tackle, it was text book dangerous....
The main thing (apparently they look at) is hands between the legs whilst lifting - very intentional also - & shows up clearly on replay
The attacking player landing in a dangerous position - I am suprised he walked away without serious injury - definately would have tested the necks resolve with the crash landing!!
To go on further there has been many head scratchers with this judiciary....players getting sideline stints for almost nothing & others (including Manly players) who deserved a spell in recent occasions getting off with nothing.

Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that

Bottom line is that the NRL has gutless leadership led fittingly by Greenturd.

Bloody scandal that Manly and Penrith are denied the right to host a home final. If either club plays an out of Sydney team then it should be that they host a final. If not all finals should be played on neutral territory.

The unfair scheduling is a disgrace with too many teams forced to play after a 5 day rest so tbe pampered pooches of the comp get their weekly turn around.

Greenturd is a disgrace!!

ManlyBacker said:
6) everyone can see that the wrestle has become a blight on the game. Even most coaches wish it didn't happen. But Toddy says they can't do anything about it. I call BS.

Yeah, right on the eve of the finals they come out and say this. What does that tell you. And I agree that its BS. The Vermin had a couple of players suspended for wrestling tactics and it stopped. So why now come out and say they can't stop it?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-concedes-wrestling-tactics-to-stay-20140902-10bknd.html

In all honesty, and take it from someone who lives in an AFL dominated state, the NRL is seen as a joke in AFL-Land, at least outside of NSW and Qld (and many parts inside those as well I'd imagine).

1. A club CEO holding a press conference to announce his star player has massive problems and may not play for a season, sending that player to an "intensive" rehab program that goes for a couple of days and then overseeing his return to the field a few weeks later.

2. A club CEO doing nothing when becoming aware that one of his players is betting on games.

3. A club CEO inducing a coach to breach his contract.

4. That coach, presumably under the instructions of/with the knowledge of the club CEO, inducing players and staff of his then current club to breach their contracts.

5. The club CEO referred to in items 1-4 being promoted to a position of authority within the game.

6. The NRL supposedly investigating that person for items 1 and 2 and clearing him.

7. That person failing to properly enforce the new concussion laws against his old club despite blatant breaches early in the season.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
maxta said:

Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that

I thought the same too, I was watching the game and the ref didn't even put it on report. Probably the worst of the season as it was a one on one tackle.

With regards to Luke getting off, they've opened a can of worms there.
An instant send off for striking/punching but kicking out in a tackle is okay?
Yes, he missed and Ennis took a dive but going by that criteria and his defence I'd like to see a player throw a punch or an elbow and see what happens. "Sorry sir, he had me in a position that I thought was life threatening so all I could do was hit him to let go".
It should be open slather now.

One on hand they try to clean up the game and guys are getting charged and time off for jacksh!t and the stuff that is bad is downgraded or let off.

I just don't get it.

And that's the trouble @StuBoot Luke gets off this week for doing that (and remember he's a Souths player), Skivvy does the same thing on Saturday night and would get 6-7 weeks.

There's zero consistency right from the Refs, to the Touch Judges, to the Video Refs, and onto the MRC and finally the judiciary, in essence ALL the way through.

I can understand that our views on what might make a Grade 1 or 2 or 3 could be different, and perhaps so can theirs BUT all they have to do is play by the rules, if kicking out (for ANY reason) is deemed dangerous then its an automatic week off or more, this " I feared for my life" crap doesn't cut it with me!!

On the field, the biggest inconsistency IMO is the shoulder charge.

Take Sunday's game for example. Skivy gets put on report for a SC when it was obvious to everyone who saw it that it was just one of his specials that sat the Riff's winger on his arse. A clear tackle, yet he gets put on report. But, and here is the kicker, there were at least 2 other SC's I saw in that game which were let go. Jorge gave a good one in the first half and got away with it, while Moylan hit Snake with a SC in the second half and he also got away with it.

The ones that probably should have gone on report were deemed ok, and the one that was ok was put on report. Its like the Red Dwarf episode "Backwards World".

As should have been the case, the MRC found Skivy had no case to answer. But if the others had been reported....I don't think Jorge or Moylan would have been so lucky. Being honest, when I saw Jorge's hit my first thought was along the lines of "Oh crap, he'll be on report for that"....yet all the officials, video refs included, missed it (thankfully).

Berkeley_Eagle said:
1) because Ch9 continue to believe they run the game the start of the finals will be unfair on the SeaEagles if they lose to the Cowboys on Saturday night as Souths or Chooks who play this Thursday Night as 1 of them will get 2 extra days to prepare for the game, lets all hope that we can beat the cowboys so to avoid this crock of ... so we can see the Souffs and chooks bash each other the following week

As bad as this situation is for us, what about for Penrith? They have a 6.30 Sunday game. If they win, and we lose, they will play Souths/Chooks on a 5 day turnaround against a team with 3 days extra rest. That's just farcical. 1 day is unavoidable. 3 days is criminal and is the reason there should be no Thursday game in round 26.

HoldenV8 said:
On the field, the biggest inconsistency IMO is the shoulder charge.

Take Sunday's game for example. Skivy gets put on report for a SC when it was obvious to everyone who saw it that it was just one of his specials that sat the Riff's winger on his arse. A clear tackle, yet he gets put on report. But, and here is the kicker, there were at least 2 other SC's I saw in that game which were let go. Jorge gave a good one in the first half and got away with it, while Moylan hit Snake with a SC in the second half and he also got away with it.

The ones that probably should have gone on report were deemed ok, and the one that was ok was put on report. Its like the Red Dwarf episode "Backwards World".

As should have been the case, the MRC found Skivy had no case to answer. But if the others had been reported....I don't think Jorge or Moylan would have been so lucky. Being honest, when I saw Jorge's hit my first thought was along the lines of "Oh crap, he'll be on report for that"....yet all the officials, video refs included, missed it (thankfully).

Spot on! And if Matai or any other NRL player does exactly the same tackle this week the same dopey NRL system will see the referee award a penalty against his team, put him on report and then the MRC will say he has no case to answer. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Just pathetic.

Eagles2nv said:
Just anything to do with souffs.

They need to be kicked out of the comp again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

All will be back to normal AFTER the National Rabbitohs League gets them a Grand Final win.

Following this the NRL will revert to it's original name No Real Leadership and the Grubbitohs ( who will have to wait 50 more years for another) will begin to be treated like a normal football side.

In between that time " Gyng" will ensure that the Rorters will win back to back to back to back to back, remember in his own words " he owns the game" so why not, gee if I owned it Manly would win 24 games , all the finals and every Grand Final ever held !!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6