NRL investigation into Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just read on the RLW page that the Dragons have made a complaint to the NRL in regards to a rival club approaching and offering Brett Morris a deal for next season, which is against NRL rules as he already has a contract for next season. Club is mentioned as being the Dogs

Not much Greenberg can do other than sweep it under the carpet otherwise his past deals will come under the microscope. The outcome will be interesting for Manly to watch though

Scrap when players can talk to other clubs. Let them do it on the first day of there contract for all it matters.

However, if another club approaches a player mid contract to have them leave early. They must pay the remaining players wages directly to the club. The amount also needs to be added on top of the players new contract for its duration.

Ie if a player is on 450k for another year and wants out, next club pays previous club 450k as compensation for destabilization.

Say next club offers 550k per season for 4 years. The 450k must be added to the 2.2 million and included under the cap. Making a penalty of $112,500 per season for the duration of the contract.

It would sure make clubs think twice about approaching mid contact and potentially decrease alternate offer size having remaining context squeezed into next deal.

psau14 said:
Dogs aren't stupid

They don't want snake

They want the prize they were after in 2011

FORAN

I had the pleasure of standing in the hill and watching a game with kierans mum and partener. She said he was offered significantly more to join the bulldogs but he sat down for dinner with des and told him he can't sign with the dogs because he felt he owed it to the manly fans to stay.

So this talk of players knocking back money is no lie.

The man deserves a **** load of respect himself. Could you bemoan him if all this infighting was enough to tip the scales?

Toddy will make sure the dogs are cleared.

Funny how if we complain that a club is chasing snake, choc, foz or DCE to break contract its bad luck, but when its someone else its a problem.

fLIP said:
Scrap when players can talk to other clubs. Let them do it on the first day of there contract for all it matters.

However, if another club approaches a player mid contract to have them leave early. They must pay the remaining players wages directly to the club. The amount also needs to be added on top of the players new contract for its duration.

Ie if a player is on 450k for another year and wants out, next club pays previous club 450k as compensation for destabilization.

Say next club offers 550k per season for 4 years. The 450k must be added to the 2.2 million and included under the cap. Making a penalty of $112,500 per season for the duration of the contract.

It would sure make clubs think twice about approaching mid contact and potentially decrease alternate offer size having remaining context squeezed into next deal.

psau14 said:
Dogs aren't stupid

They don't want snake

They want the prize they were after in 2011

FORAN

I had the pleasure of standing in the hill and watching a game with kierans mum and partener. She said he was offered significantly more to join the bulldogs but he sat down for dinner with des and told him he can't sign with the dogs because he felt he owed it to the manly fans to stay.

So this talk of players knocking back money is no lie.

The man deserves a ... load of respect himself. Could you bemoan him if all this infighting was enough to tip the scales?

And I am sure it has.

And no I don't bemoan him anything.

I really want Brett Morris to sign with the Dogs because it means they can't afford Snake. I could never bear seeing Snake in blue and white.

Can you imagine if it was Manly who were chasing Brett Morris? Teflon Toad would be campaigning to have us thrown out of the league.

Snake said:
I really want Brett Morris to sign with the Dogs because it means they can't afford Snake. I could never bear seeing Snake in blue and white.

But then their will be stories of the dragoons chasing him again. Never ends.

The loopholes are so big in these things that the clubs aren't supposed to do that any club administrator that has been found to break them needs to be kicked out of the game due to incompetence.

Every one has to get over players leaving ,in the end if they don't want to play for MANLY ... EM....!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6