NRL looks to gain more from wagering operators

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
HEAVY hitters from the NRL, Racing NSW and the Australian Turf Club met for the first time yesterday to discuss how rugby league can charge wagering operators 1.5 per cent of gambling turnover and establish an anti-corruption unit to police match-fixing.

Punters across Australia spent close to $3.5 billion on sports betting last year and the game is keen to get its hands on a larger slice of the pie.

Read the full article

I think its only fair that the NRL receives more revenue from gambling. Same goes for every sport. The sporting bodies invest millions to make sure there is a competition each year, and without the sport, there is no sport gambling.

What a great idea Mr Gallop...Did you think this one up all by yourself.....

As long as I don't have to hear about it every 5 minutes during the calls of the game, then fine.

Having sold out to the gambling devil, things can only get worse. I foresee that players' numbers will be replaced by odds, superimposed for the TV coverage. Thus we'll hear such commentary as: "The 10-1 shot makes a break, gets it inside to the 13-2 favourite who has been well backed here tonight; he jinks, then flicks it out to the flying 15/1 winner for ... hold on, it's a photo finish. There's a protest. We'll have to wait until correct weight until we can give you the new odds for the Manly players . . .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4