NRL or NFL???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Last week i sat on the sidelines with the Hayne foward pass debate but this problem is now on the verge of deciding a game come finals time. I have always laughed at Rugby Yawnion when theres a try with 3 foward passes & they say the try is so good you cant call back the foward pass?? My argument is why not allow a knock on , running over the sidelines, offside ect. The commentary last night pulled out a foward pass & done the old Yawnion call- "yeh foward but close enough".....the scary part- sure theres foward passes as we have seen in recent seasons but now its becoming acceptable. Have no doubt - Haynes was debatable but the Reed , Keating & McKinnon passes made me feel i was watching Crusaders vs Force!!!

The game just needs better touchies (& refs in general). How hard is it to follow the play up & down the field? I understand that there are a lot of things that are hard to call or may look fine in real time but there are far too many shockers that are let slide thanks to incompetent touchies.

I believer there have been actual studies in soccer for linesman judging offsides and I think its similar to touch judges in footy. The mind plays somewhat of an optical illusion over distances and when players and the ball and you yourself are moving a pace it can be a difficult thing to judge.

One of the rules I would make to clean up the rule would not be allowed to say the pass was backwards out of the hands. It seems to me to a difficult thing to judge in a split second. To clean it up some of the grey and make it a little more black and white, I'd say if the receiving player takes the pass on the ground from infront of where the player passed the ball then its forward. That would enable the video ref to judge forward passes because its the same principle as being offside to a kick.

Its an argument I've had many times on the touch footy field with refs who claim things like the players momentum made it go forward and the pass was backwards out of the hands. I've said how can the player use forward momentum if he was running across the field?

Hayne was 1 metre behind the line when the ball left his hands. Burt caught it half a metre in front of the line. I watched it a couple of times to be sure,and it was not even mentioned in the commentry, in fact they even said what a great pass it was.

Masked Eagle said:
I believer there have been actual studies in soccer for linesman judging offsides and I think its similar to touch judges in footy. The mind plays somewhat of an optical illusion over distances and when players and the ball and you yourself are moving a pace it can be a difficult thing to judge.

One of the rules I would make to clean up the rule would not be allowed to say the pass was backwards out of the hands. It seems to me to a difficult thing to judge in a split second. To clean it up some of the grey and make it a little more black and white, I'd say if the receiving player takes the pass on the ground from infront of where the player passed the ball then its forward. That would enable the video ref to judge forward passes because its the same principle as being offside to a kick.

Its an argument I've had many times on the touch footy field with refs who claim things like the players momentum made it go forward and the pass was backwards out of the hands. I've said how can the player use forward momentum if he was running across the field?

So you want passes at zero runspeed?
Backwards from the hands will do me,that rule is to retarded sorry mate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4