NRL Players are soft!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
ESL are playing games two days after the last round!

Any player that says that games are to close together shouldn't be playing the game (Jarryd Hayne I'm looking at you)

not forgetting the english have extra challenge cup games, some players can play over 40 games of just club footy, and even though the standards between ESL and NRL might be different, any game of rugby league is tough

I'd rather see less games but of a higher quality rather than more poor quality games of league to be honest.

Playing 40+ games a year is a great way to run the players into the ground. I'm a fan of the current amount of games, but even then we don't really have a clear cut offseason with all the international fixtures.

captainskin said:
But he found god; he must be a good bloke now. (cough, cough)

I never even knew he was lost.

God found him... :^)
However, if we are going to be philosophical: God has never been found. God is created in each individuals mind according to that individuals experiences and circumstances.
I could go on, but I've done enough to derail this thread. I guess I'm as soft as Hayne now. ;^)

Yeah but about half the bloke wouldn't even need to wash their uniforms after the first game because of how clean they are.

captainskin said:
However, if we are going to be philosophical: God has never been found. God is created in each individuals mind according to that individuals experiences and circumstances.
I could go on, but I've done enough to derail this thread. I guess I'm as soft as Hayne now. ;^)
Are you saying God is like every other mental concept we construct captainskin - like problems, happiness, money, laws, captains, skin, the chair you sit on, me and you?

And people worship their concept of God rather than God?

This thread may be fast plummeting towards death in General discussion. But not anything to worry about if death is just a concept, eh captain? ;^)

Rex if your chair is only a mental concept I recommend the Tender Centre, with the help of a canny friend I got 7 great dining chairs at $9 each. Best part is they are real chairs, not just mental concepts. I'm on one now:)

Great that your dining chair isn't a mental concept, SER8.

What are you doing typing on it, shouldn't you be eating? Or was dining chair only a concept? :)

I assume your dining chair has four legs and a back. I bought a portable chair with no legs, just a seat and a back. Great for the footy. Did they lie when they sold it as a chair? I also bought a chair with four legs and no back. Another lie? I've cut a gum tree stump in our yard to sitting height. Extremely comfortable, no legs, no back. A chair? Used an exercise ball to sit on working at the computer. Recommended for posture. A chair? I've sat on a table. Does that make it a chair? So if a chair is still a chair without legs, or a back, or even a defined seat, then what is chairness without the mental concept part?

And if I came over there sawing off bits of one or more legs of your dining chair (which I am prone to do if you invite me), would it still be a chair? At exactly what point does it's essential nature shift from chairness to not chairness?

[/quote]

Well, the other stuff you wrote... I won't try to compete with :^)
People worship their concept of God, because that is what I think he is, a concept. ;^)

captainskin said:
Soft in the head.

Maybe they should be playing in the EPL.Man Utd play 5 games in 19 days.I know it's not as physical,but 2 of the games are against Schalke(german),and are UEFA games,and 2 are against Arsenal and Chelsea (2 and 3 in the EPL at the moment).Our players can't even play each team twice to make the competition fair,and give the JJ Guiltnan Shield back the credibility it deserves.

Rex said:
Great that your dining chair isn't a mental concept, SER8.

What are you doing typing on it, shouldn't you be eating? Or was dining chair only a concept? :)

I assume your dining chair has four legs and a back. I bought a portable chair with no legs, just a seat and a back. Great for the footy. Did they lie when they sold it as a chair? I also bought a chair with four legs and no back. Another lie? I've cut a gum tree stump in our yard to sitting height. Extremely comfortable, no legs, no back. A chair? Used an exercise ball to sit on working at the computer. Recommended for posture. A chair? I've sat on a table. Does that make it a chair? So if a chair is still a chair without legs, or a back, or even a defined seat, then what is chairness without the mental concept part?

And if I came over there sawing off bits of one or more legs of your dining chair (which I am prone to do if you invite me), would it still be a chair? At exactly what point does it's essential nature shift from chairness to not chairness?

Hmm, yes now I see the dilemma, and to think I only bought those things because I believed they were chairs. Wonder if I can get my money back?

By the way, I assume you never get invited back to the houses you visit lol.

captainskin said:
Rex said:

Well, the other stuff you wrote... I won't try to compete with :^)
People worship their concept of God, because that is what I think he is, a concept. ;^)

Think of God and you are thinking of a concept

Think of a chair and you are thinking of a concept

Think of yourself and you are thinking of a concept.

But despite Descartes erroneous "I think therefore I am", we are more than thought.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Hmm, yes now I see the dilemma, and to think I only bought those things because I believed they were chairs. Wonder if I can get my money back?

By the way, I assume you never get invited back to the houses you visit lol.

I noticed you didn't invite me SER8. $9 to find out when a chair becomes not a chair. A bargain!

You can come to a concept of dinner, provided you only bring a mental concept of a saw, but not if you bring a real one, as I really do like my chair concept thingys.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4