NRL ready to silence Grant Goldman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
NRL ready to silence Grant Goldman

By Dean Ritchie | September 12,
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24333131-5006066,00.html

MANLY'S ground announcer, radio personality Grant Goldman, has been ordered to tone down his parochialism or face the indignity of being replaced mid-match in Saturday night's semi-final against St George Illawarra at Brookvale.

The NRL will take its own ground announcer to Brookvale and will immediately replace Goldman if he starts to encourage and cheer for the Sea Eagles.

Although the match is at Brookvale, all finals are deemed neutral and are administered by the NRL.

Goldman, who works the breakfast shift on 2SM, said he owns the electrical equipment that runs the Brookvale sound system and, if replaced, would leave the ground and take the gear with him.

"If this isn't sticking it to a bloke who has done it for 27 years, then I don't know what is," Goldman said last night. "They are treating me like an absolute idiot.

"I know when I am supposed to be even-handed. They are saying I have no ability to handle the situation. I'm very dirty. They are underestimating me.

"If they think they can put someone else in the box and listen to every word and say, 'You be careful', then I won't even start.

"I'll go home. And I'll take all the equipment too. There's no sound system at Brookvale so I take my own. I'll take it with me."

Dragons chief executive Peter Doust added: "The ground announcer at Manly has a certain reputation. The NRL goes to great lengths to ensure neutrality apart from location and that is the way it should be."

Manly chief executive Grant Mayer is hoping there will be no dramas, saying: "He could be the first ground announcer in 100 years of rugby league hooked mid-game. From what I'm hearing the NRL is serious about this."

The NRL are fraking kidding - surely they could be better wasting their time promoting the game to ensure it is a sell out.  But no the NRL are sticking to the important issues in the game.

Gallop you are an arse clown

for **** sake, does that mean they are going to eject all the fans at the ground as well if they cheer on their team?

Who cares, take a megaphone to the ground, get Grant on it and it'll be just the same.

I'd like to know why no other clubs are getting this treatment?  How about in Melbourne that retarded mascot gets on his cowbell and gets the crowd going?  I doubt it'll be quiet in Shark Park or whatever it's called either. 

Neutral sh!t my ass... IT'S ONLY ONE GAME!!  the last for Beaver...and the NRL wants to keep it like a dinner in a 5star french restaurant.  Morons

It is an absolute Joke!
The point of a home final is it is an advantage, this is just getting so tiresome, the NRL seem hell bent on ruining the game and putting everyone off side

Unbelievable.

He's the least annoying announcer in the comp.

The blokes at Parra & Penrif have to start the crowd going Parra ! Parra !
Goldy never sinks that low.

Fcuk I hope we win this year & big Max comes out & tells everyone else to get munted & kiss our arse. It'll need a mighty effort to win, they're stacking everything agin us. It'll make a great movie though.

Goldman is an idiot.  I formed this view when we got flogged by the Panthers way back when they ran last.  That afternoon, as the Panthers ran out onto Brookie, Goldman announced that we were specials to beat this wooden spoon team and make the finals.  Said with enough gusto to spur them onto flogging us and spoiling our year.  A small thing perhaps but galling. He's also guilty of revving up the opposition crowd which I think is just plain dumb.  My choice would be to completely ignore the opposition team and never invite the visitors into the equation.  And his stupid, B E A V E R growl after a hit from the great man, then ignoreing a similiar tackle from other players.  Singling out players runs counter to the team ethos one should build.  Half empty?  perhaps.   

DSM5 link said:
Goldman is an idiot.  I formed this view when we got flogged by the Panthers way back when they ran last.  That afternoon, as the Panthers ran out onto Brookie, Goldman announced that we were specials to beat this wooden spoon team and make the finals.  Said with enough gusto to spur them onto flogging us and spoiling our year.  A small thing perhaps but galling. He's also guilty of revving up the opposition crowd which I think is just plain dumb.  My choice would be to completely ignore the opposition team and never invite the visitors into the equation.  And his stupid, B E A V E R growl after a hit from the great man, then ignoreing a similiar tackle from other players.  Singling out players runs counter to the team ethos one should build.  Half empty?  perhaps.    

Deadset DSM5 aren't you a little old to be an Emo?

Each is welcome to his opinion on Goldman. I have never had a problem with him and he is much less parochial than those at Parra, Penrith, Leicchardtt and wherever the Dogs and Souths are playing.

Goldman does do his Beaver thing, occasionally says things like "Come On Manly!" and " Where are the Manly Fans?" However what is implied in that article is just CRAP.

It is just more of the putting pressure on Manly.

The best response will be for the Home Crowd to drown out the Dragster fans and shut them up with early points.

Dan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=178386.msg196483#msg196483 date=1221178116]

Deadset DSM5 aren't you a little old to be an Emo?
[/quote]

DSM5 just wants to bring up his smite century before the season is out. 

Hey Dan, what's an emo?  And as far as I'm concerned Goldman can take his crappy sound system home.  It's backyard junk anyway.  Distorted and useless. 

Emo....Emotional, basically a goth but about 50kgs skinnier :)

you know black make-up fringe etc.

Fluffy link said:
*tickles DSM5*
Hey Fluffy, I think that tickle bit is for Elmo although I thought along the same at first. ;D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4