NRL scheduling ARRRR

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Yet again Manly have been dudded by the release of dates for round 6 and 7. We wait for our first game at Brooky against the Penny Panthers and they put it on Easter Monday night, and our next home game is 5 days later on a Saturday night against the Titans.

Yet again another 5 day turn around, that will be the 3rd time thats happened in the first 7 rounds of the league, while the QLD Ponies get 2 more Friday night games, taking them to 7 in a row.

I thought the independent commission was meant to mean that we have an even playing field, our club is yet again treated like dirt.

Our first game you would hope would be a Sunday as thats what the majority of fans want.

I would like to see a rule come into play that no team should be forced to play again for a 6 day duration after a match. Make it fair for everyone.

It is time for this to be sorted, cause the same clubs benefit every season.

The scheduling has Channel 9 and News Limiteds grubby fingers all over it.

The TV stations select the games - this (scheduling) wont be sorted until the new TV deal comes through. But says I am not happy, Easter Monday I guess is better than a normal weekday Monday night.

I sometimes wonder if we are genuine whingers like people say we are, then i actually think how many times we have been dudded by the tv stations ans the NRL, its quite a joke really.

monday night... what a great way to open the season at home for the current premiers.(insert sarcasm smiley here)

As stated above, the independent commission can't do much for this year, they are stuck with the tv contract signed a few years ago (which would likely be costly, if not near impossible, to modify or break), therefore all blame for scheduling must be directed at the tv stations, and the old management who agreed to this deal.

I am happy to give the independent commission the benefit of the doubt until we see what happens with the new deal.

imagine being able to prepare your recovery and training schedules around 7 day turnarounds week in, week out with the same routine, for 90% of the season.... they do it tough old Brisbane... not.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
imagine being able to prepare your recovery and training schedules around 7 day turnarounds week in, week out with the same routine, for 90% of the season.... they do it tough old Brisbane... not.
Surely all 15 other clubs are sick of the 'free kick' Brisbane gets. Gallop loves to say the NRL is an even playing field - only Brisbane is more equal than others (with apologies to George Orwell).

My favourite Gallop or tv persons response is 'it's what the fans want'.

Bull**** what fan in there right mind wants to watch there team on a Monday night.

Ps to the spelling nazis don't care if it's wrong

Well we chose to take our first "home" game to Gosford, which would've been a Friday night game. Someone needs to play Monday night. Stop whinging again ffs.

Volley said:
Well we chose to take our first "home" game to Gosford, which would've been a Friday night game. Someone needs to play Monday night. Stop whinging again ffs.

There would be no whinging if the Monday night matches were spread around evenly. How many do Brisbane or NZ play?
We certainly cope more than our fair share.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4