NRL still won't register Snake contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
NRL Sea Eagles: Rose and Williams facing firing line
RUGBY LEAGUE
26 NOV 12 @ 06:00PM BY ANDREW PRENTICE

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-rose-and-williams-facing-firing-line/
-----------------------------------------------------
I vote for Rose and King to go - Wolfie brings the fun AND talent :angel:

With the draw and this, I truly regret renewing early. :s

Wolfie is injured and in a vulnerable position to negotiate contracts with other clubs. I know hard decisions have to be made but I'd hate to see Manly cut loose a bloke in his position.
It's always sad to see anyone go but to lose a positive media magnet like Wolfie would be devasting for him and fans.
Please keep the Wolfman, Manly.

Oh, and can that Schubert guy *uck off and investigate clubs with a history of cheating the cap.

niccipops said:
HappilyManly said:
NRL Sea Eagles: Rose and Williams facing firing line
RUGBY LEAGUE
26 NOV 12 @ 06:00PM BY ANDREW PRENTICE

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-rose-and-williams-facing-firing-line/
-----------------------------------------------------
I vote for Rose and King to go - Wolfie brings the fun AND talent :angel:

With the draw and this, I truly regret renewing early. :s

Wolfie is injured and in a vulnerable position to negotiate contracts with other clubs. I know hard decisions have to be made but I'd hate to see Manly cut loose a bloke in his position.
It's always sad to see anyone go but to lose a positive media magnet like Wolfie would be devasting for him and fans.
Please keep the Wolfman, Manly.

Oh, and can that Schubert guy *uck off and investigate clubs with a history of cheating the cap.

Granted, however how about the fact that Wolfie is gonna be getting paid all that money whilst on the sidelines? Take a pay cut to $100,000.

Wingers and bench forwards are replaceable (in fact we already have signed a couple). Quality fullbacks aren't.

lovefooty said:
We are in this trouble because de$$ left the club with a back log of back ended deals. He has made it very hard for the club to hold its star players. I think he did this knowing that he was leaving. I am told that there are some players this year are getting a lot more than there worth .

Doesn't every club use back-ended contracts?

When you want to retain star players without losing too many other players, what other options are there?

Players are offered more than they are worth at the end of their deal, so they will agree to play for less than they are worth at the start of the deal.

Aren't they?

If you think Hasler erred by retaining the players he did (including to allow us to win the 2011 title), then exactly which are the players you say he should have cut?

…and when?

Maybe Snake a few other boys could take a pay cut so Rose & Wolfy can be kept at the club. I can't imagine that Wolfy or Rose are on big coin.

I find it interesting that so many were slamming Gould last week on here about his chats with the big 4 out there, but are quite happy to say Manly should cut someones pay or give them the punt

SeaEagleRock8 said:
lovefooty said:
We are in this trouble because de$$ left the club with a back log of back ended deals. He has made it very hard for the club to hold its star players. I think he did this knowing that he was leaving. I am told that there are some players this year are getting a lot more than there worth .

Doesn't every club use back-ended contracts?

When you want to retain star players without losing too many other players, what other options are there?

Players are offered more than they are worth at the end of their deal, so they will agree to play for less than they are worth at the start of the deal.

Aren't they?

If you think Hasler erred by retaining the players he did (including to allow us to win the 2011 title), then exactly which are the players you say he should have cut?

…and when?
The 20/20 hindsight argument is that Des' decisions were right because we won 2011. We could easily have signed those exact same contracts and not won the comp - and then perhaps been somewhat strangled by the contracts for future seasons. When the contracts were signed we were still outsiders, and a very profitable bet if they won. So hindsight can be a very poor measure.

The biggest concern I see are the player contracts signed with getout clauses favouring Hasler if he left. A conflict of interest. Then there's any contracts signed when he had apparently already decided to leave (but not notified the club) - a clear conflict of interest. Then there's any contracts he signed which he knew would damage future years - and which influenced his decision to leave before those future years eventuated. A conflict of interest.

I don't know the extent to which any conflicts of interest may have occurred, but there is certainly a perception that they did.

I've had a think about it and decided that as the nrl aren't coming forth, I will register Snake's contract.

After seeing and speaking with a few players up here yesterday at the signing session on the Central Coast, I'm confident Brett's contract is a non issue - it will get done!
If there is 1 player who might be getting squeezed out, and this is only my opinion i'd say its Joe G. He didnt seem to be his usual self interacting with the fans, and spent quite alot of the time taking numerous phone calls while he was there which is unusual as you think theyd have their phones turned off at something like that.

^ Or someone in his family or circle of friends is sick/hurt/in trouble....

But fair 'nuff.

globaleagle said:
^ Or someone in his family or circle of friends is sick/hurt/in trouble....

But fair 'nuff.

Could be any number of things, just my opinion though.
I hope we can keep the whole squad, but that doesnt seem likely to happen.

I guess 47 as the number of things it could be.

No wait!

That's the answer to everything

:)

EagleRock40 said:
After seeing and speaking with a few players up here yesterday at the signing session on the Central Coast, I'm confident Brett's contract is a non issue - it will get done!
If there is 1 player who might be getting squeezed out, and this is only my opinion i'd say its Joe G. He didnt seem to be his usual self interacting with the fans, and spent quite alot of the time taking numerous phone calls while he was there which is unusual as you think theyd have their phones turned off at something like that.

i'd rather we loose george that joe g

Moondog said:
globaleagle said:

No wait!

Everything but the ultimate question...

Sheesh, it's all to complicated. I think I'll just settle for "How many roads must a man walk down?"

So long and thanks for all the fish!

globaleagle said:
Moondog said:
globaleagle said:

No wait!

Everything but the ultimate question...

Sheesh, it's all to complicated. I think I'll just settle for "How many roads must a man walk down?"

So long and thanks for all the fish!
Dolphins will show us the way

niccipops said:
I've had a think about it and decided that as the nrl aren't coming forth, I will register Snake's contract.
Good idea nicci, I'm going to register it too.
Hey, how about we all register it, get a mass movement going?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6