NRL Stuff Up - Matai suspended

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Matai facing a week out

September 02, 2008 MANLY centre Steve Matai is in danger of missing the final round of the NRL season after his high tackle charge was beefed up by the discovery of a second prior offence.

Originally facing only an 84-point penalty with an early guilty plea for his high tackle on Gold Coast centre Brett Delaney, Matai is now looking at one week on the sidelines for the grade one charge.

The amended charge could see Matai try his luck at the judiciary, given he faces a one match ban whether he fights the charge or not.

Orford is correct, we may as well play touch footy

Surprised Watmough hasn't got 3 years on the sidelines for smashing blokes so hard

He's gone.  We'll fight it and lose for all obvious reasons. 

But yeah, the fact that they can't even add up numbers shows how much the judiciary is a joke.  It's on par with the refs who are untouchable cos stupid Finch always backs them up.  So a performance like last night's moron will go unnoticed. 

Times like this i can't explain why i follow the game still when officials are completely hopeless and give fans no confidence

How many weeks will Robinson get for screwing up the game and how long will Finch be dropped for, for leading the quality of officiating into the dark ages.

Let him miss the week and go into the finals with less loading points than if he fights and wins.

One slip up could cost him a grand final if he contests.

Will Lyon be back to replace?  What's the holdup.  What actually was/is the problem with him?

Lyon did a medial ligament in his knee, was supposed to be due back this week. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a late inclusion, esp if Matai gets suspended.

Flip link said:
Let him miss the week and go into the finals with less loading points than if he fights and wins.

exactly

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=178302.msg195262#msg195262 date=1220333629]

exactly
[/quote]

for sure - was thinking the same thing. missing the grand final or a semi final just because of carry over points would be so heart breaking!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4