NRL TALKBACK WITH PHIL ROTHFIELD ONLINE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I sort of felt like a snoop but wanted to read what the ridiculous journalist would say today about our club as he continually hammers us so I went online and watched what was being said.

Here is a small snippet:

Steven :
Why do the media seem to have it in for David Perry?

Mate, I just judge people on their track records.

Guest :
You're a pathetic excuse for a journalist. Never allow anything that shows how ridiculous all your anit-Manly/anti-Perry sentiment is.

You're a pathetic excuse for a blogee. But thank you for supporting this blog and my career

Track record?

Since Perry got here, on a shoestring budget, we have won one premiership, signed a new major sponsor and a number of other sponsors, started work on upgrading Brookie, and resigned 3 of the game's brightest prospects in Buhrer, DCE and Foran. Granted, we have lost Des and Hoppa Jr.

Meanwhile, Todd Greenberg, has been in charge of one of the richest clubs in the NRL. His team finished 13th in 2010 and 9th in 2011. He got into a bidding war with Parra over Daniel Mortimer AND LOST IT, paid massive overs for Hodkinson and just about every other hack he has signed, sacked the club's favourite son Kevin Moore, and screwed over one of the club's other favourite sons Jim Dymock by hiring Des.

So he got Des. Woop-de-fn-do. What's in the trophy cabinet Todd? What talent have you got on the field Todd? Zero on both counts.

Face it Todd, you are the Cronulla Sharks of CEOs.

(sorry, got slightly off topic there).

Fair point that Todd shouldn't be blamed for sins that were before his time. It is something that reflects on the club itself more than Todd. I have edited my post.

Central Coast Eagle said:
I would have thought stripping a convicted pedophile of his life membership would be a good thing?......

This story is news to me CCC, who ?????

Peter C said:
I would have thought stripping a convicted pedophile of his life membership would be a good thing?......

Yes, do tell

It was former C-B reserve grader and longtime servant (magic sponge man, guard on the dressing room door etc) of that club, Mr Peter File.

MadMarcus said:
Fair point that Todd shouldn't be blamed for sins that were before his time. It is something that reflects on the club itself more than Todd. I have edited my post.

I do agree with the rest of your post, he has been over hyped by the media and dogs fans.

Jethro said:
Peter C said:

Yes, do tell

I was just replying to something MadMarcus had in his original post, but has since been deleted.
This is what he was referring to here

I would have asked Phil:

'Did you achieve a good settlement with News Ltd, Phil? You know, after that unfortunate industrial accident with a printing press in Holt Street, that left you with that high-pitched whine?'

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7