NRL to assist with buses to the home semi final?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
With the game next Saturday at 8.30pm at the SFS (will be confirmed Sunday night) the NRL did say they would be open to assist with buses ….

“NRL director of football operations Nathan McGuirk said the NRL would be open to supporting clubs (the team hosting home semi) to bus supporters to venues”.

Will the NRL honour this?

So it would be good if they had buses that were like $8 to $10 return tickets for Adults or part of the ticket prices, running buses directly from the Northern Beaches to Moore Park/SFS?

I know the club runs buses from the Leagues Club but they are really not that cheap being $20 to $25 return (good though if they do fill a number of buses).

You need to get people at the ground and offering reasonable/cheaper public transport options and routes directly to the ground will help. In Brisbane all public transport is free and part of the ticket price for all games.

Why is there no flexibility with the NRL. We come second we should have the right to choose the venue. I can fully understand if we were playing a Sydney team to not play it a Brookie due to limited crowd capacity but if we are playing an out of Sydney team then it should be our choice where to play. We play the Cowgirls next week then the SFS will be less than half full and look rediculous whereas Brookie would have 18 to 20000 and be full of atmosphere. Just another reason to get rid of the current management and structure.

I wonder why it's so different, I have a bunch of people coming from the Sunshine Coast / Gold Coast to Suncorp tomorrow...all inlcuded in the cost of the ticket. You can travel on bus, ferry or train FREE from anywhere that Translink (our commuter system) operates and use any combination of the above to get there.......NO one brings their cars to Suncorp!!

They will get a crowd of 25,000 to 30,000 at the SFS Manly v’s North Queensland next Saturday night at the SFS.

In the major semi Manly v’s North Queensland in 2007 at the SFS the crowd was over 32,000.

Need to remind the Manly fans to get out to the game … no excuses ..!

This is ‘our house’ ..! (SFS and all).

Sept 22 2007 Manly v Cowboys at SFS Knockout semi 32,611
Sept 27 2008 Manly v Warriors at SFS Knockout semi 32,095

Mark from Brisbane said:
I wonder why it's so different, I have a bunch of people coming from the Sunshine Coast / Gold Coast to Suncorp tomorrow...all inlcuded in the cost of the ticket. You can travel on bus, ferry or train FREE from anywhere that Translink (our commuter system) operates and use any combination of the above to get there.......NO one brings their cars to Suncorp!!

Its crap anyway,Mark.Trains only go to central (about 20 mins mainly uphill walk),and it would be too logical (and they're too greedy)to put Sydney buses on for free from the peninsular to Moore Park.I'll give ANZ/Sydney showground one thing-it's right on a rail link.+,if people knew they could get to and from the ground,and into the ground,for (eg) $35,the rail/bus network would go into gridlock.can't cope with peak hour trains running Mon-Fri,so would be buggered with the minimal saturday/sunday service that would be operating.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6