NRL to finalise shortlist of four candidates for chief executive role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
NRL to finalise shortlist of four candidates for chief executive role after Suzanne Young resignation

February 5, 2016 - 10:00PM
Michael Carayannis
Rugby League Writer

The NRL is expected to finalise a shortlist of four candidates to fill the vacant chief executive role as John Grant defended the game's working environment amid another high-profile resignation.

The NRL's chief operating officer, Suzanne Young, resigned from her role on Friday, following chief executive Dave Smith, head of game strategy Shane Richardson and head of marketing, digital and content Lewis Pullen

Young will finish in March after 15 months in her role, to care for her ill father.

"People turn over in organisations all the time," Grant said. "Suzanne has a very personal reason for moving on and you have to be hugely respectful of that. She has put in an enormous effort. She has a great opportunity with the way she wants to spend her time.

"That's not the way it is going to be in the NRL. The NRL is full-on, particularly coming into the season. We will now deal with that just like we have dealt with the Shane thing. We have already begun allocating Shane' responsibilities and we will do the same with Suzanne as well."

The NRL has started interviewing an internal candidate to fill Smith's role. Head of football Todd Greenberg has emerged as the favourite to become the game's next boss, while Bulldogs boss Raelene Castle has also been linked to the position

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-to-finalise-shortlist-of-four-candidates-for-chief-executive-role-after-suzanne-young-resignation-20160205-gmn2pr.html#ixzz3zM0slddC
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

It's a pity that it wasn't Greenturd that moved on and now it sounds like they are trying to increase the Bulldogs influence on the game by linking Raelene Castle to the vacated position.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I've heard that John Warn has been mentioned. He is the Chairman of Manly Cricket Club and also the Chairman of Sydney grade cricket. A good administrator, from what I've heard. Let's hope he is given the role.

Greenberg & Ray Leancastle. Or plain Greencastle - sounds like a John Buchan spy story. Well it is the Great(est) Game after all.

Apart from being at the dogs what are you basing your judgement of castle on? I mean apart from being a woman.

Seems to have done a decent job with the dogs at least compared to Teflon todd

Ray could probably do a better job. But let's face it, an 11-year old Boy Scout, along with his pet Australian Terrier, could do a better job than Todd Greenmount.

Don't kid yourselves, these people have almost no affinity with the Dogs or the NRL.

They are mercenaries and are bought for the highest price.

Some might say WHORES.

I heard on BSB a couple of weeks ago that the NRL are hoping to have a new CEO announced by August. Only 6 months to go!!! LOL

Yep definitely take Rails over cockhead. Won't happen, boys club won't allow it. They'll make all the right equal opportunity, politically correct statements, but alas, the Turd burger will be victorious. Damn shame, she wouldn't have taken any of his crap. Probably would've had him punted as first order of business.

I would have Raelene over Todd any day of the week. Hopefully he would get annoyed and quit too.
Yeah, if it came down to a choice of either of those two then I would choose her over him too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4