NRL wants to introduce a magic round

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
EVERY team, one round, one ground.

NRL chief executive Dave Smith is planning to schedule an entire NRL round of the season over one weekend at the one stadium next year.

Read More

Does this imply increased ticket price to watch a Manly game ?

Not interested in any other Team other than the One True Team :cool:

Seems like one weekend of Nines, has the NRL irratonally creative. They may even take it to Suncrop :dodgy:

Greenturd's dream - force every NRL Player to publicly shake hands with every Referee, whilst he smirks in the background - magic or tragic :p

HappilyManly said:
Greenturd's dream - force every NRL Player to publicly shake hands with every Referee, whilst he smirks in the background - magic or tragic :p
While he sits on a Magic Mushroom with his friend the hookah smoking caterpillar...
He's such a tripper...

They are so so clever at the NRL. They just invented the Leagueathon. When was that? 40 years ago?

Keep up the brilliant work lads.

if it rains during the weekend imagine the playing surface for the last game and the outcry from coaches due to ankle/knee injuries.

Great idea. I'd love to take the boy to a weekend of footy. Would be unreal.

I'd feel more supportive of the initiative if they'd announced the half time entrainment would be a Siegfried & Roy tiger show or even Just a children's magician.

If they could hold a full round without a single major refereeing controversy, that would have to involve magic of some kind.

This is how it must have felt for every other club when arko was in charge - every idea gets sh*t canned and not viewed on its merits

They way I see it it would be great - all the teams would get great exposure '(and compensated etc) as would the game

Saves Nine monies, they are pushing for the two Stadium Sytem so they can set and forget their equipment.

The Clubs should lobby for a sixteenth share of all takings. Otherwise, they supply the talent, risk the injury, disenfranchise their home ground Fans for the benefit of the TV and NRL

Double headers are even a stretch, sitting through 4 games would require a lot of alcohol :cool:

Great idea Greenturd...Probably just so happens to be the home game for Dogs, Rabbits, Tigers and Dragons...yet we will lose another home game from Brookie....gotta love it when they are pushing memberships......But as long as we shake the hand of the imbocile that reffed the game.....FFS get real you dopes.....Dave Smith and ALL his "team" are really on another planet...worry about supporters not the AFL.

But then they say
"The ‘Magic Weekend’ could also be slotted specifically during the State of Origin period, when fans historically find the regular season falls into a slump"

Which is when we have split rounds and byes..........Our game is run by f@rking idiots

I've been to a few 'double-headers' and I don't believe they work.
So I can't imagine being interested in attending a whole weekend when I wouldn't cross the street to watch 15 of the 16 participants.

Can the NRL guarantee no fan will leave in an unhappy state? i.e. every team wins? That would be magic. If not, and it is really 16 teams playing in one place over a weekend then it should be re-named the sh**fight weekend.

Maybe it could work in a Big Day Out format - fence off the whole Moore Park area, play games at the main stage (SCG), and minor stages (SFS and Showground) - fans can walk between them. A "Kings Cross 3am" bar could be set up in the Hordern Pavilion, where fans can mingle with players, and purchase stilnox/red-bull cocktails.

It could work well, will keep an open mind until I see more details/planning.

Anyone know how the English rugby league get around the issue of who's home game it is?

Shoe1 said:
Maybe it could work in a Big Day Out format - fence off the whole Moore Park area, play games at the main stage (SCG), and minor stages (SFS and Showground) - fans can walk between them. A "Kings Cross 3am" bar could be set up in the Hordern Pavilion, where fans can mingle with players, and purchase stilnox/red-bull cocktails.

That's a long walk to the Showground unless you are talking about the old Showground and in that case, I'm sure that Fox Studios would put a stop to people wandering around their studio grounds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4