NRL will fight Storm lawyers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
MANLY Sea Eagles’ fan frenzy has reached new heights with one climbing to the top of a mature Norfolk Island pine tree in North Narrabeen to erect a maroon-and-white flag.

The Sea Eagles flag on a pine tree at North Narrabeen. Picture: MARTIN LANGE

It is the latest feat by a serial flag flyer, an Eagles fan who also fixed another to a prominent bridge in Brisbane’s CBD this year.
The flag, in Ocean St, North Narrabeen, was discovered yesterday atop the tree, measuring about 30 to 40 metres in height.
Nearby, more clues were revealed by diehard Eagles fan Andrew Cochrane who has decorated his cafe as a shrine to the team with dozens of Eagles memorabilia.
Mr Cochrane ruled himself out of the climbing feat but offered some clues. He said the flag is not the first to be erected by the same fan, who is a scaffolder and wore an Eagles jersey with a No.1 on the back, while climbing the tree - the number worn by injured fullback Brett Stewart.
“It has become a bit of a landmark, it’s unreal I love it,” Mr Cochrane said.
“As far as I’m concerned this cafe is the Eagles’ nest and there’s even a sea eagle that nests in the tree next to the flag.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4