NRL won't register Snake's contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
From the Mole in today's RLW

Bets Off For Brett

Brett Stewart may have agreed to a rich new four year deal with Manly - but the NRL is is refusing to register the contract. The Sea Eagles are way over their salary cap - to the tune of $400,000 I am being told - and salary
cap auditor Ian Schubert won't ratify Stewarts contract until they bring their finances back to a more acceptable level.

Kitey's gone from all reports I hear.

Once that is formalised Brett's contract will be sweet.

Forwards will look light on for nexted year......... our forwards stocks have been draining over the years, i know the forwards were a concern at the start of this year as well , but they have been ok, see what the pack looks like nexted year........if true about kite , will be sad to see him go.... i guess this is what we pay for our halves.

bob dylan said:

Is Kite really on 400,000 a year?

We will miss him next season.. no doubt about that. He is on the best run of his career at the moment.

Hopefully we can find some wingers next year who want to play for free. That is really the only way around the cap.

I was told Kite's contract was heavily back ended in 2013 so he could actually be on $400K in 2013?

bob dylan said:
No there is no way Kitey would be on $400k probably $270K-$320K

Well with all the back-ended contracts, perhaps offloading Kite will not - on it's own - get us back in the black. I'm a little worried about this.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Even if Kite had a back-ended contract of $400,000 this year, I'd doubt the Tigers would take on that whole contract. No point offloading him, only to be paying half his contract still while he's running around in Tigers colours, leaving us still to find more savings under the Cap.

Is the salary cap finalised for 2013?
I knows it means we lose players, but I would like to keep the record of zero salary cap breaches. The kind of integrity that no other club can claim

Berkeley_Eagle said:
And how does mole know Manlys finances ?

Exactly. I'm sure the powers at the club know what's going on and how to sort it all. Mr Perry has had his finger on the pulse with all things thus far. I'm sure he knows what he is doing.
Now bring on Friday!!!

Another nothing story in an attempt to destabilize us before a big game. It really is pathetic the lengths News media will go to trying to eliminate us from the finals. The more they hate on us the stronger we grow. Bring it on you losers you can't beat us with your poison pens.

A story from the same nuffies that had Snake playing everywhere next year except with Manly ...... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

EagleNEST said:
bob dylan said:

You seem confident in Manly's adminstration?

Not sure why.

Manly's admin have been going great guns.

The Board...not so much.

Even if Kite was on 400k which seems very very steep theres no way the Tigers are gonna pay all of that especially if they know we are desperate to offload him - they will be lucky to pay half his wage next year so we will only be paying what they cough up ...100-150K etc.

Makes you think if T Rex had of accepted the deal we offered him there would have been an even bigger mass clean out of players - Snake and several more forwards would have been on the chopping block.

No questions Kites form has lifted since all this started though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4