NRL won't register Snake's contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You would think the club would'nt release this sort of information to a hostile media, so it would have had to come from Schubert, who no doubt would have consulted his NRL bosses before making it known. Or else it's just more media bull****.

Didn't the NRL just sign a billion dollar TV deal?

Increase the salary cap f.........s to pay the players who made the billion dollars instead of spending tens of millions of dollars on head office w.....s.

Is Gallop still running this show as we don't seem to have any leadership still? The NRL also needs to massively increase the contract reduction for long serving players

Snake is all sweet for 2012 - that is all that matters for the B2B:exclamation:

Kitey was looking at an ESL deal at the start of the year, so maybe that is comming through.
He deserves a worthy final contract for his great services to the NRL :angel:

Maybe Manly can use the upcomming Twitter/Media Harrassment Law against the spurious DT articles on the Club:idea:

BE - Mole had an interview with Bozo this week, so maybe that is the Mole's source.
Sadly Bozo/Zorba are the rumoured agitators of the Manly Board :(

Paraphrasing our 70's Supporters Song
..we shall not be moved, just like the old oak tree, at manly wharf,we shall not be moved!

It seems odd that the MW management would go to have the contract ratified knowing they are over the cap.

The mole is such a dribbler!

EagleNEST said:
bob dylan said:
Kitey's gone from all reports I hear.

Once that is formalised Brett's contract will be sweet.

You seem confident in Manly's adminstration?

Not sure why.

Just to mention a few things.

The Re-signing of Kaspersky, and players like DCE, Foran, Ballin, Brett, Matai etc etc

I'm sure all this will be sorted. Manly doesn't play over the cap and they'll do what's needed to run things the right way.
It's probably a situation that happens at many clubs re. auditors - not signing off on a contract until other things are sorted out.

Why isn't the media's attention directed towards Tinkler's tardy behaviour towards the superannuation to Knight's staffers. That seems to be under the radar. Wouldn't want to be relying on catching his jet to Brisbane every weekend. Pity if Kitey has to go. He's been a loyal soldier. The Nrl Should up the salary cap immediately. If it has the money, then give it out. Those tools don't seem to get it that the players/clubs bring the TV dollars in, not the administrators.

niccipops said:
I'm sure all this will be sorted. Manly doesn't play over the cap and they'll do what's needed to run things the right way.
It's probably a situation that happens at many clubs re. auditors - not signing off on a contract until other things are sorted out.

A similar thing happened with Greg Inglis' contract with Souths. It's no big deal , but you've got to say it's highly embarrassing having Ian Schubert as the salary cap auditor for a billion dollar game .

It seems funny to me that it is Brett's contract causing problems. I mean with all the players from all the teams it is Brett's that is the problem???

They had no problem registering contracts from Slater Smith Cronk Inglis Hoffman Crocker etc etc for years.

The Wheel said:
I was told Kite's contract was heavily back ended in 2013 so he could actually be on $400K in 2013?
.. Good old Dessie,screwed the club bigtime again,he was involved in all the contract dealings wasnt he

driftout said:
niccipops said:

A similar thing happened with Greg Inglis' contract with Souths. It's no big deal , but you've got to say it's highly embarrassing having Ian Schubert as the salary cap auditor for a billion dollar game .
.. he probably missed his last brown paper bag from politis,so we have to pay for it

bob dylan said:
It seems funny to me that it is Brett's contract causing problems. I mean with all the players from all the teams it is Brett's that is the problem???

They had no problem registering contracts from Slater Smith Cronk Inglis Hoffman Crocker etc etc for years.

My thoughts exactly. If this is true, who the hell does Schubert think he is. If we are over the salary cap next year then he can have a go, otherwise, he can piss right off.

Im sure Manly would not have been spelling out to Brett that his new contract means a player or two will be going. Imagine if Schuberts tosspottery lead to Brett pulling the pin and securing his future elswhere. I know its unlikely but until the contract is registered its a possibility.

Given Schubert's fantastic record of monitoring other clubs salary caps and ensuring they have never signed contracts which put them in breach, he might want to get some legal advice before getting too comfortable on that high horse. Brett's value to the team, to promoting the club, and to our sponsors, would ensure that the salary cap is chickenfeed compared to the damages we would be seeking

How does this guy even keep his job when he presided over the Storm rorting the cap under his nose for 3 or 4 yrs and the dogs rorting as well. It was only whistle blowers that exposed it all not his abilities. What a joke.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8