• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Let us flood them with emails and SPAM their Facebook page and updates to demand an apology for Brett and his double demerit suspension.

hehe SPAM = no

but relevant and important emaisls on the subject = YES

i wrote him a letter

addressed it C##t fox studios, moore park

he got it :)

I would just send it to the standard NRL email address.

But certainly I think it worthwhile letting them know your feelings and why.

Don't just abuse him or you will be wasting everyones time.

I think it important letting them know that the court case essentially proves he was not drunk and did not act inappropriately at any stage during or after the official event and therefore the reasons for his fine and being stood down are null and void

I think a few emails to The Footy Show wouldn't go astray either. Vautin needs to apologize to the Stewarts as much as anyone.

If gallop was to compensate Brett for the way he was treated by the NRL, why not return him to being the face of the game and pay him a sum = to the legal bills. Of course leave any storm players out of it at the same time.

Cletus link said:
They'll surely issue a statement at some stage won't they? Gallop? Anyone?

They already have, though I think it has just angered people more than quelled them

Dan link said:
[quote author=Cletus link=topic=185546.msg299110#msg299110 date=1285733677]
They'll surely issue a statement at some stage won't they? Gallop? Anyone?

They already have, though I think it has just angered people more than quelled them
[/quote]

Ah ok, so Gallop is still saying he didn't stand brett down for the allegations but just being drunk. What a joke. I guess they are trying to cover their arse but that is a pretty piss poor statement.

Then is any footballer who is 'ALLEGEDLY' drunk, to be stood down?  According to Gallop's statement, the answer is yes.  Brett was not breathalysed, there was no compelling evidence presented in this court that he was drunk.  Gallop is a complete idiot and needs to be sacked.  Come on club CEO's, don't put up with this fool any longer 

The question must also be asked as to why Brett is out of pocket the the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars over this nonsensical accusation? 

I know that it won't happen but the DPP should be paying his costs as they were the ones who decided that there was enough evidence to go before a judge. 

A total waste of taxpayers money when the evidence was revealed in court as nothing.

A symptom of low blood sugar in diabetics is appearing drunk when not drunk.

I'd like Gallop to be directly challenged - and challenged hard - by the club.  e.g. For Gallop to give Stewart 4 weeks (and fine the club $100k) for Brett "appearing drunk" appears discriminatory against diabetics. Brett has advised that he was in control and not drunk and that evidence was accepted after cross-examination in court. Gallop still maintains his suspension of Brett for 4 weeks for what may be entirely a diabetic symptom was legitimate.

Absolutely Rex.  My daughter went out with a guy whose diabetes was out of kilter with his medication, and I had occasions to have to pick him up.  Initially I thought he was drunk.  Now I'm much more aware of the symptoms of diabetes.  Luckily my daughter dumped the guy as he was a rabid Tigers supporter.  Interesting at the trial that that was never raised, as Brett argued that he was in control.  As he obviously was.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4