Nrls biggest Droughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Reading **** on twitter and fb about fans of other clubs putting **** on manly. I did some research to see how bad manly are going lol. I thought I would rank the Nrls biggest premiership droughts

1) Cronulla 1967 - 45 years no premierships for the shirescum
2) Souths 1971 41 years no glory for the vermin
3) Parramatta 1986 26 years no glory lol
4) Canberra 1994 18 years since the trophy cabinet was filled
T5) warriors and nth Queensland 1995 - still premiership virgins
7)Melbourne 1999 13 years since their only premiership
8)Newcastle 2001 - 11 years since the hunter bogans held the trophy
9) 2002 - 10 years since the club with deep deep brown paper bags were premiers. What makes it funnier it was 27 years before that.
16) Manly 2012 - 139 days since Jamie Lyon held up the trophy :d

Since the introduction on the NRL (1998 season - present):
- no NRL team has won the WCC and and the premiership in the same calendar year
- following on from the above point, hence no NRL team has gone back to back (until this year i quietly mumble under my breath.)

Eagles2nv said:
- following on from the above point, hence no NRL team has gone back to back (until this year i quietly mumble under my breath.)
Hey buddy their the same star because to win the nrl and WCC in the same year you would have to go back to back.

Cambo said:
Eagles2nv said:
Hey buddy their the same star because to win the nrl and WCC in the same year you would have to go back to back.

agreed, but they can still be 2 separate droughts, i just tried to make the link between them, but still keeping them separate :)

45 years is a long time. To be honest if it is not Manly lifting the trophy this year, it wouldn't be so bad if the sharks could get 1.
I am at work today, a knights supporter said to me, " (today's game) is something you going to have to get use to" I said yeah I agree with you. Tough WCC games will be a frequent Event for the eagles. He could only laugh knowing the knights have never won it.
Would have been nice to have a win, but far from the end of the world. The club will start slowly this year an build towards the finals. I will be tipping a loss in round 1. The media will jump on it. But that is life in Australia. A good sign that we are at the top when everyone hates us more than normal. I will admit that is why I hate Man united

Dan79 said:
45 years is a long time. To be honest if it is not Manly lifting the trophy this year, it wouldn't be so bad if the sharks could get 1.

unless they were playing us in the gf!

Nothing can top the Bears 90 year drought.

and as for this..

are you sure you are a Manly fan ?? The last thing I want to see is a Cronulla or Parra premiership.

Chip and Chase said:

and as for this..

are you sure you are a Manly fan ?? The last thing I want to see is a Cronulla or Parra premiership.
On my deathbed I will die a happy man if cronulla still haven't won a comp

Cambo said:
Chip and Chase said:

and as for this..

On my deathbed I will die a happy man if cronulla still haven't won a comp
Eventually the pity gets to you. With the bears it is just funny to go 90 years. I will elaborate more. If manly aren't to win, surely you realize that someone else must win..... I don't want to see anyone outside nsw win. So that rules out a few, then there is the teams I hate passionately. All that are left are the ones I don't hate so much . The lesser of the evil if you will...,
In a perfect world Manly win every year. This is not a perfect world.

I would love to see Brisbane go to six GF's over the next 30 years and win none. That would put their GF win/loss percentage at 50/50, the same as everyone else.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
I would love to see Brisbane go to six GF's over the next 30 years and win none. That would put their GF win/loss percentage at 50/50, the same as everyone else.

Well said, I've come across far too many smug Miniature Pony supporters who love to point out their record in GFs!

Living in Canberra, some of my in-laws are inevitably Canberra supporters. The other night they tried one of their routine Manly put-downs, so I reminded them that Canberra's last premiership victory in 1994 pre-dates the introduction of the Internet and pay TV into Australia.

That was essentially enough. Didn't need to mention how we'd appeared in another six GFs since then, winning three.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4