NSW Cup Manly vs Wenty - Report.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MrInvisible

Reserve Grader
Headed out today to watch Manly play Wenty in NSW Cup at Ringrose Park.

With Wenty's position on the table it was always going to be a tricky game for Manly to win. That said I was interested to see how Ricciardi and others played, as there were a few on standby after origin for first grade.

For those who don't want to read my report, the news isn't good.

END SCORE Wenty won 58 - 18
Tries: R Wollaghan, T Robinson, N Skinner
Conversions: L Higgins 3

You'll need to excuse me a little as I don't know all the players names.

Michael Oldfield didn't play, so Ben Falcone started at fullback, with Jamie Anderson in the centres, and Domenic Nasso on the wing.

For the first half Manly were in the game, despite looking a little flat at times.

Manly had numerous chances to score more points, but bombed tries at crucial times. Trent Reilly dropped a sitter which had Manly right on the Magpies line. Jamie Anderson had Falcone outside him with a hole big enough to drive a truck through, and hogged the ball instead.

Second half they made a few key changes (Nasso back to fullback, Anderson and Falcone on the same wing).

With Wenty forwards bashing away it wasn't long before things went from bad to worse. Falcone and Anderson had the worst defensive reads I have ever seen. Half the time the winger was so far in field he may as well been playing in the second row. Wenty exploited this badly and really hammered that side of the field.

Once it got to about 32-18 Manly seemed to all but give up. Nasso, Riccardi, Robinson, Annear and Skinner dug hard but it was beyond the point of no return and the floodgates opened.

Numerous times Nasso found himself with a two on one overlap and powerless to prevent a try. Annear put on a few good hits during the game, but it wasn't enough.

Once the big men from Wenty hit the line or offloaded before it, they'd go straight through the first line of defence. The other tactic they were using was pushing the ball one way, then spreading it quickly to the Anderson/Falcone side of the field, catching them completely out of position, and strolling over the line.

If news can get any worse, whilst Gary Riccardi did finish the game, he was clutching at the hamstring/knee and hobbling towards the end of the game. Not sure how bad the injury might be, but he didn't seem too comfortable out there.

All in all Manly didn't turn up today it was only the clock that stopped the game really blowing out.

Wenty played okay, nothing really spectacular, and certainly with Shackleton and Roberts ($400k a season odd of NSW Cup playing brilliance) didn't really impress as much as I'd have thought the side would.

With Roberts performance today I wouldn't say he played himself back into first grade, Shackleton either.

With Manly's performance, nobody would push for a first grade promotion (except in positions where players wouldn't be dropped).

One huge thumbs up though goes to Tim Mannah in the crowd who was signing autographs for kids, and when approached by two kids to play pass the ball with them at half time, joined in. It's great to see players giving their fans the time of day.

Tough day at the office in all grades for Manly it seems.

Ahh well you'll bounce back I'm sure.

Sorry guys...didnt read all teh cr@p above...but I was at wenty...and Manly were terrible.....Oh and I am Manly thru and thru

Know that Mick Chapman wasn't playing for us and generally goes alright

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kwbtku

Frogz said:
Sorry guys...didnt read all teh cr@p above...but I was at wenty...and Manly were terrible.....Oh and I am Manly thru and thru

Yeah sux mate. Obvious poor performance looking at the score.. I'd much rather hear your thoughts than a germ who turns up on the spot everytime there is bad news.

I have sat looking at your posts for too long Mr "kebab loving" invisible! You are a goose and only post looking for a bite! Go back to the kennel! And look on in awe at a team that wins against the odds! Since when did reserve grade or under 20's matter? The last time manly won reserve grade was a long time ago! Could not be bothered pointing out the year. Be Manly don't be a dog! Just f off! You low life!

Napper said:
Dogs fans giving us reserve grade match reports. Go away you imbecile.
and yet Adam, ironically more valuable input than the garbage you post on here, or elsewhere.

Heck I've even been a member here longer than you.

Most already know I don't support Manly, and yet I provide a fairly fair report on the match.

captaincarpo said:
I have sat looking at your posts for too long Mr "kebab loving" invisible! You are a goose and only post looking for a bite! Go back to the kennel! And look on in awe at a team that wins against the odds! Since when did reserve grade or under 20's matter? The last time manly won reserve grade was a long time ago! Could not be bothered pointing out the year. Be Manly don't be a dog! Just f off! You low life!
No need for that type of language, abuse, or racist comments. Specifically when the bloke you are replying to is every bit (if not more) Aussie than you are!

When do under 20s and reserves matter? When your side gets injuries or suspensions perhaps!

First grade players don't magically appear at the rub of a genies lamp you realise? They come from lower grades.

I don't think you can call it other club bias to say we played badly when we were beaten 58 -18. I think it has to be taken as a given.

at 58-18 he probably isn't far off the mark. If Trent Reilly is back in our club and starting (which somehow he is) than it's no surprise we are getting smashed. The blokes he bagged have been ordinary all year.

I thought the report was a fair summation of the game what's the issue here exactly Napper?

I agree,what's even worse is that he said Wenty weren't great either (gulp) Those names he rattled off have had very poor careers. I know he has gone but when we signed Tim Wynn, 27 from 2nd grade France I knew there wasn't a dollar in sight. Poor Riccardi and Oldfield!! Bring back Sunshine Coast!

It might be accurate and informative report but it is a cynical exercise in **** stirring and trying to put the boot in. He/she wouldn't have bothered reporting it at all had we won the NSW cup or first grade game today. Hence the smart alec last 2 sentences.

I like a kebab as much as anyone! How is that racist? You carried on about people taking a flag once, if I'm correct? How about the bulldogs supporter after the game at ANZ who yelled and screamed in my 15 year old sons face using all manner of obscene words to attempt to get him to reply, only because he had 10 mates behind him to back him up? To his credit my son didn't reply, just kept walking. I was proud of my boy, just said to him after thank you son I didn't feel like being killed tonight (there was only 2 of us). No wonder that I would not take any of my other 3 younger boys to see a bulldog game! If that is the culture you love then go live it!

mickqld said:
It might be accurate and informative report but it is a cynical exercise in s**t stirring and trying to put the boot in. He/she wouldn't have bothered reporting it at all had we won the NSW cup or first grade game today. Hence the smart alec last 2 sentences.

I disagree and think you are playing to your own prejudice.
He went to the game and thought we may be interested in the details of the game

Napper said:
You lot are kidding. If we won today or won the reggies game 50-0 he wouldnt have came here. But lets keep going along pretending he is here to inform us of how wonderful manly is and how much he loves the club.
You are right! I'm sick of reading the ****e stirring rubbish that mr invisible writes on here! Where has foran gone? Where has DCE gone? He is a ****e stirrer!

I'd have to give MrInvisible the benefit of the doubt here.

But I too believe that he wouldn't have posted a match report had our NSW cup side got up today.

It's a shame our NSW cup side has fallen away. IIRC they had a great start to their season.

Matabele said:
You mob let conspiracy theories cloud your judgement.
So I pretended that my son was abused by bulldogs supporters? I will not be accused of being racist after what I heard that night come out of the bulldogs supporters mouths!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2