NSW & Holden Cups - Round 23 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HOLDEN CUP - Round 23 - Sea Eagles Team List to take on the Gold Coast Titans at the Cbus Super Stadium at 12:45 PM (AEST) on Sunday (17th of August):

1. TOM TRBOJEVIC
2. LATRELL SCHAUMKEL
3. CHARLIE TAYLOR
4. LUKE GARNER
5. KYLE SAUNDERS
6. WILL PEARSALL
7. NICHOLAS HYNES
8. JACK DELANEY
9. HUGH PRATT
10. JORDAN LATHAM
11. JAMIL HOPOATE
12. NICHOLAS LYN
13. LIAM KNIGHT

14. MICHAEL STIG
15. MITCH BRITTON
16. LEONATI FEILOAKITUA
17. EVAN LEE
18. DALLAS KOEN

COACH: DAVID HEATH

* Team List subject to change. *

NSW CUP - Round 23 - Sea Eagles Team List to take on the Newtown Jets at Brookvale Oval at 3:00 PM (AEST) on Saturday (16th of August):

1. CLINTON GUTHERSON
2. DELROY BERRYMAN
3. TONY SATINI
4. CHEYSE BLAIR
5. DOMENIC REARDON
6. JACK LITTLEJOHN
7. ZACH NICHOLLS
8. TYSON ANDREWS
9. JAYDEN HODGES
10. EPALAHAME LAUAKI
11. LIGI SAO
12. MICHAEL CHEE KAM
13. DANIEL HARRISON

14. MITCHELL MANSON
15. SANTANA PALMER
16. DYLAN KELLY
17. LUKE HADDRICK
18. JAMES MIRCESKI

COACH: LUKE WILLIAMSON

* Team List subject to change. *

Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio.

DRAWS:

Click here for HOLDEN CUP Draw.

Click here for NSW CUP Draw.

LADDERS:

Click here for HOLDEN CUP ladder.

Click here for NSW CUP ladder.

I will be cheering on the NYC up at ground, but gee the NSW Cup Team needs a hug too :angel:

Great to see Tommy T back - a real talent :)

HappilyManly said:
I will be cheering on the NYC up at ground, but gee the NSW Cup Team needs a hug too :angel:

Great to see Tommy T back - a real talent :)

There are some good talents in this 20s team unfortunately being wasted. Can't see a game plan for this team or in the NSW Cup side.

How is David Heath as a coach? He is good mates with a guy I know so I'd get a bias response from him.

manlyfan76 said:
How is David Heath as a coach? He is good mates with a guy I know so I'd get a bias response from him.

Can't Coach. Wooden spoon last year and hearing unsettlement in the team with players.

tookey said:
4 more weeks and hopefully willo will be gone

You sure about that? I thought they would have got someone else in this season after the teams performance last season.

Rodo said:
tookey said:

You sure about that? I thought they would have got someone else in this season after the teams performance last season.

3 seasons of ordinary coaching = 3 strikes and he is out

tookey said:
Rodo said:
tookey said:

3 seasons of ordinary coaching = 3 strikes and he is out

I hope your right for both of them but don't count on it

Harry said:
There are some good talents in this 20s team unfortunately being wasted. Can't see a game plan for this team or in the NSW Cup side.

Simple - the game plan is get behind by at least 2 to 3 tries and then try to make a stirring late comeback. :D

Harry said:
manlyfan76 said:

Can't Coach. Wooden spoon last year and hearing unsettlement in the team with players.

They did start the season poorly but you must have something going for you to go undefeated for 7 matches (6 wins & a draw) while one of your better players is out injured. This included a number of wins against top 8 teams and some big late comebacks. The comebacks indicate a never say die attitude that must in some way tie back to the coach.

I appreciate that you are closer to the team than I am but we haven't had an U20's team challenging for the top 8 since 2009.

Bradza said:
Harry said:

Simple - the game plan is get behind by at least 2 to 3 tries and then try to make a stirring late comeback. :D

Harry said:
manlyfan76 said:

They did start the season poorly but you must have something going for you to go undefeated for 7 matches (6 wins & a draw) while one of your better players is out injured. This included a number of wins against top 8 teams and some big late comebacks. The comebacks indicate a never say die attitude that must in some way tie back to the coach.

I appreciate that you are closer to the team than I am but we haven't had an U20's team challenging for the top 8 since 2009.
In 2011 /12 the SG Ball were playing off to get into the Semis. I have watched a lot of games before 1sts and the ball only travel to the left side then it goes out to as far as the backrower on the right and then back to the left. They don't throw it around and keep it mostly in with the forwards. Souths read it well on Friday, they just block the left side and I am sure other teams will be awake up to it now. The boys want to win thats whats helping and their having a dig. Knight, Taylor, Hopoate, Trbojevic are all great talents. I would however be putting Taylor back into fullback with his explosive speed and offloads which have all resulted in tries which has been a big help over the last weeks for the team winning at present on the right side he is not seeing any good quality ball getting out to him to score tries and is the best finisher in the game and its not helping the team. Hopoate is playing fantastic footy in the middle and is an absolute work horse and has been instrumental with his defence without him the other teams would be scoring a lot more tries against Manly

Okay (as per the normal Willow bashing) i will bite

I ask you what is the purpose of a NSW cup team? Results or developing players?

Take a look at this list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_South_Wales_Cup

Apart from the Jets in 2012 (when they actually finished 7th) can you tell me a time, in the modern era, when there has been a direct correlation between NSW cup success and first grade premierships?

Maybe, just maybe, the club...which has been incredible successful...believes the lower grades are to groom individual players rather than successful teams

lsz said:
Okay (as per the normal Willow bashing) i will bite

I ask you what is the purpose of a NSW cup team? Results or developing players?

Take a look at this list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_South_Wales_Cup

Apart from the Jets in 2012 (when they actually finished 7th) can you tell me a time, in the modern era, when there has been a direct correlation between NSW cup success and first grade premierships?

Maybe, just maybe, the club...which has been incredible successful...believes the lower grades are to groom individual players rather than successful teams

I think your right. Manly could be interested in a few and the rest are just there to make the team up. I think some boys from our 20s won't be there next year. Its sad but with limited opportunities in our 1sts and getting smashed up in our losing cup team week after week is not really appealing. Other NRL clubs would be looking for players to fit positions in their sides a lot earlier especially now with so many juniors making their debuts in other clubs

Sat 16 Aug, 3:15 PM (local), Brookvale Oval
Manly Sea Eagles 38
Tries: C Gutherson 3, D Kelly 2, M Manson, D Reardon
Goals: J Littlejohn 4, C Gutherson 1

Newtown Jets 18
Tries: B Lane 2, R Martin, J Rueban
Goals: S Dureau

Well at least they won't get the spoon this year. And Gutherson should be in FG.

So the doubts about Gutho being fit to play, were slightly incorrect then... lol!

Well done to the boys in a difficult year.

Happy for the Manly Invisibles - still no record of their profiles on the Web :mad:
That Reardon kiddie has been a constant all year :angel:

Did JLJ get hurt or was Gutho just testing his broken foot to kick a goal :huh:

Manly To Win! said:
Sat 16 Aug, 3:15 PM (local), Brookvale Oval
Manly Sea Eagles 38
Tries: C Gutherson 3, D Kelly 2, M Manson, D Reardon
Goals: J Littlejohn 4, C Gutherson 1

Newtown Jets 18
Tries: B Lane 2, R Martin, J Rueban
Goals: S Dureau

Well at least they won't get the spoon this year. And Gutherson should be in FG.

Great to see Manson score, could see him playing in the halves

I don't know that @HappilyManly

But it does confirm a few of our opinions that JLJ should be goal-kicking.

Maybe Jack came off before the last conversion hun; I really don't know.

A hat-trick for Cosmo- Woody-Bert-...One for each personality!

Kevinward777 said:
Did Cheyse Blair play?

The local paper has Cheyse next to Killer and Hiku as Matai. I would rather leave the RHS alone and test Cheyse at left centre.

The forwards just need to defend the middle, then whoever is on the wing can do their job :cool:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8