NSW & Holden Cups - Round 3 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
RE: Manly v Parramatta [Round 3 2014]

ROUND 3 HOLDEN CUP TEAM LIST

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v PARRAMATTA EELS

Sunday 23rd Mar, 2014 - Brookvale Oval

NYC Kick-Off 10:30am

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Charlie Tayor

3. Latrell Schaumkel

4. Luke Garner

5. Luke Gosling

6. Will Pearsall

7. Riley Travers

8. Jack Delaney

9. Michael Stigg

10. Leonatis Feiloakitu

11. James Parker

12. Liam Knight

13. Nicholas Lynn

Interchange

14. Hugh Pratt

15. Rhys Armstrong

16. Jordan Latham

17. Evan Lee

18. Jackson Kelly

Coach: David Heath

ROUND 3 NSW CUP TEAM LIST

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES

Sun 23rd March 2014, Brookvale Oval

NSW Cup Kick off: 12:45pm

1. Matt Ikuvalu

2. Domenic Reardon

3. Delroy Berryman

4. Tony Satini

5. Mark O’Dare

6. Clinton Gutherson

7. Masada Iosefa

8. Ligi Sao

9. Jayden Hodges

10. Tyson Andrews

11. Daniel Harrison :angel:

12. Santana Palmer

13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14. Craig McMurrich

15. Luke Bartley

16. Dallas Koen

17. Ron Alovili

Coach Luke Williamson

Are they trying to turn Gutherson into a 5/8

The Wheel said:

Gutherson goes well there but prefers fullback. The problem is there are No Decent Halves coming through, this is where recruitment needs to be looking at instead of having a team full of props and having 9 hookers.

HappilyManly said:

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Charlie Tayor

3. Latrell Schaumkel

4. Luke Garner

5. Luke Gosling

6. Will Pearsall

7. Riley Travers

8. Jack Delaney

9. Michael Stigg

10. Leonatis Feiloakitu

11. James Parker

12. Liam Knight

13. Nicholas Lynn

Interchange

14. Hugh Pratt

15. Rhys Armstrong

16. Jordan Latham

17. Evan Lee

18. Jackson Kelly

1. Matt Ikuvalu

2. Domenic Reardon

3. Delroy Berryman

4. Tony Satini

5. Mark O’Dare

6. Clinton Gutherson

7. Masada Iosefa

8. Ligi Sao

9. Jayden Hodges

10. Tyson Andrews

12. Santana Palmer

13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14. Craig McMurrich

15. Luke Bartley

16. Dallas Koen

17. Ron Alovili

Coach Luke Williamson

No Mirceski for Holden Cup ??? He is the best prop there. Didn't look injured after the last game.

Eagle Rock said:
The Wheel said:

Gutherson goes well there but prefers fullback. The problem is there are No Decent Halves coming through, this is where recruitment needs to be looking at instead of having a team full of props and having 9 hookers.

No decent halves coming through? That's a bit harsh!
Rudolph and Littlejohn are both out injured and until Rudolph got injured early in the Sharks trial both were playing well in the halves together!

And how much of each player have you actually seen? I think your opinion is a little too harsh so early on especially when neither has had a genuine opportunity to showcase their skills!

Littlejohn is really creative - he stands out from the mob, pity that he got injured so soon. :(

Will Pearsall is also someone who I've noticed in the last two weeks - along with The Stigg :angel:

Nicholas Lynn in the forwards is another to watch :)

It will be great to see 3 games again - and in daylight!

Bird Up said:
Eagle Rock said:
The Wheel said:

No decent halves coming through? That's a bit harsh!
Rudolph and Littlejohn are both out injured and until Rudolph got injured early in the Sharks trial both were playing well in the halves together!

And how much of each player have you actually seen? I think your opinion is a little too harsh so early on especially when neither has had a genuine opportunity to showcase their skills!
They are not in the same mould as Evans and Foran, Gutherson is better as a 5/8 than Rudolph, Gutherson has more skill in this position, Rudolph is only small and too many were in front of him at the Tigers. Littlejohn was not wanted at the Roosters, Bulldogs and Rugby and hearing his defence is very ordinary. Littlejohn has this season to impress with his contract. Manly might have a magic wand with these two. I was also referring to the Harold Matts, S G Ball and Holden Cup Teams as well, which I have watched a lot of of these games.

VB NSW Cup: Round 3 preview

By NSWRL

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Wentworthville Magpies
Brookvale Oval, March 23, 12.45pm
Referee: Jon Stone
Broadcast: NSWRL Match Centre (NSWRL.com.au)

The Manly Sea Eagles will be in search of their first win of 2014 as they host a Wentworthville side that is yet to taste defeat. Wenty, along with Mounties have been the standout sides over the opening two rounds of the competition and their good form does not surprise when you cast your eyes across their team list. Players such as Sandow, Sio, Hunt, Lasalo and Ma'afu wouldn’t look out of place in a lot of NRL sides and young guns such as Santi and Faraimo also add some class to the roster. In an interesting twist of fate, Daniel Harrison has been granted a release from Parramatta to return to Manly, and will this week play against many men that he was only two weeks ago training and playing alongside. Luke Williamson has shifted the talented Clinton Gutherson from fullback to five eighth in search of a much needed spark in the only significant team change from the side that went down to the Dogs last week. Manly have been very competitive against both Mounties and Canterbury in the first forty minutes however have fallen away badly in the second halves. Manly will be looking for a more complete 80 minute effort against a Wenty side that will show them no mercy if they can’t.

Sio Is Streaking: Two tries in round one was quickly followed up with a classy hat-trick last weekend by Ken Sio. Both he and Wenty have started this season in fine fashion and along with Chris Sandow, Sio looks to be in great touch early doors. Brad Arthur has resisted the temptation of changing his NRL side too much despite Parramatta's heavy loss to the Roosters last weekend, however one could only imagine that Sio may find himself back in the NRL sooner rather than later should he maintain this type of form in the VB NSW Cup.

Prediction: Wenty have been ultra-impressive through two rounds and should keep their unbeaten start to the season in tact here. Magpies by 14.

http://www.nrl.com/vb-nsw-cup-round-3-previews-/tabid/10874/newsid/76972/default.aspx

Eagle Rock said:
HappilyManly said:

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Charlie Tayor

3. Latrell Schaumkel

4. Luke Garner

5. Luke Gosling

6. Will Pearsall

7. Riley Travers

8. Jack Delaney

9. Michael Stigg

10. Leonatis Feiloakitu

11. James Parker

12. Liam Knight

13. Nicholas Lynn

Interchange

14. Hugh Pratt

15. Rhys Armstrong

16. Jordan Latham

17. Evan Lee

18. Jackson Kelly

1. Matt Ikuvalu

2. Domenic Reardon

3. Delroy Berryman

4. Tony Satini

5. Mark O’Dare

6. Clinton Gutherson

7. Masada Iosefa

8. Ligi Sao

9. Jayden Hodges

10. Tyson Andrews

12. Santana Palmer

13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14. Craig McMurrich

15. Luke Bartley

16. Dallas Koen

17. Ron Alovili

Coach Luke Williamson

No Mirceski for Holden Cup ??? He is the best prop there. Didn't look injured after the last game.

It sounds like Mireski has been dropped this week. Just stupid as they need him against a Big Parra side this week and is the best Prop in the team. Manly 20s need to have a fast flowing game, just keep passing out and get this big parra side tired. The Manly boys need to be quick moving up in defence and marking up in defence, watch the kicking game, just get the ball out. Halfback Nicholls has also been dropped ( no surprise ) but he and the other halves are just as bad. Players who don't make the team each week have been asked to go play in the Sydney Shield. This has caused a lot of anger amongst the team as there are 31 boys. Too many and some are not up to this level of Competition and should be cut. I am hearing that some boys including Cup are already making enquiries to other clubs about leaving Manly. A lot of players and their families are also disappointed that there are No Buses provided by Manly to take the players to the away games as some have been injured and then having to drive their car home somehow. Stupid !!! as other NRL Clubs are providing buses for their other grades. There has to be a Duty of Care from the club on this rather than watching the pennies.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
HappilyManly said:
3. Latrell Schaumkel
Ownz it!

Latrell is playing Cup this week so no 20s. I am hearing from Manly he could eventually be moving into the Back Row as he has a habit of stepping and running inside across into the middle the whole time, I have watched him do this continuously myself and its annoying Manly big time, as well as his hogging and not passing the ball. So many tries have been lost because he either runs inside across away from his winger and doesn't pass. But he is many in this 20s team who do not pass, especially when they are about to get held up at the try line.

Tommy and Jesse warming up for NSW Cup, but no sign of Daniel Harris :huh:
Satini is also out.

Sandow is playing for Wenty.

NYC 20-48 :(
NSW 28-30 :( Sao made 2 huge errors. Jesse, Hodges, 21 and Jake were great :angel:

HappilyManly said:
Tommy and Jesse warming up for NSW Cup, but no sign of Daniel Harris :huh:
Satini is also out.

Sandow is playing for Wenty.

NYC 20-48 :(
NSW 28-30 :( Sao made 2 huge errors. Jesse, Hodges, 21 and Jake were great :angel:
Sandow was suffering from a groin injury today, he doesn't look fit either.

I can see the NYC getting the wooden spoon again. The coach has no idea. They missed Prop Mirceski who played in NSW Cup today and scored for them.

Knight should be the goal kicker for the 20s, I have watched him kick goals from all angles and was the goal kicker for when he play S G Ball and has a great success rate.
The boys are not moving up quick in defence and not marking their opposition player either. Too many mistakes, drop ball etc

There is no one giving direction on the field some passing did get out for their backs to score, they need to do it with constant flow, rather than just stop, they should have had this big Parra team worn out today in the hot sunny conditions with plenty of quick passing backward and forwards

Having very ordinary halves is not helping this team. They need decent halves and a couple of extra good props as they were basically playing with the same props all game which was stupid and they were tired, one of the reasons why the opposition seems to come back well in the second half.

KaZa said:
Willow manages to keep his job like he used to keep his spot in first grade. Very lucky man.

I know I can't believe it, he is too useless to grow chokos on a backyard dunny !

I watched the second half of the NSW Cup and this was a match we butchered. With two minutes left we led by 2 or 4 and on the sixth tackle the backline gave the winger Reardon a clear passage down the sideline to score. He had plenty of room to move, and with the fullback screaming across he simply needed an in-and-away or a step inside to score. Nine out of 10 wingers would have scored. At the very worst he would have been tackled, and Wentworthville had the handover on their line. Instead, he kicked infield and the ball went dead. Wentworthville got seven-tackles from the 20metres and scored in that set, on the bell.
I don't know Reardon but that was an unforgiveable mistake.
From what I saw our fullback, Ikulala (sic) looked good.

The Who said:
I watched the second half of the NSW Cup and this was a match we butchered. With two minutes left we led by 2 or 4 and on the sixth tackle the backline gave the winger Reardon a clear passage down the sideline to score. He had plenty of room to move, and with the fullback screaming across he simply needed an in-and-away or a step inside to score. Nine out of 10 wingers would have scored. At the very worst he would have been tackled, and Wentworthville had the handover on their line. Instead, he kicked infield and the ball went dead. Wentworthville got seven-tackles from the 20metres and scored in that set, on the bell.
I don't know Reardon but that was an unforgiveable mistake.
From what I saw our fullback, Ikulala (sic) looked good.

Totally butchered in what was an entertaining game. I reckon a dummy would have done the trick. I too liked the look of the fullback, gutherson had some nice touches at 6 and Turbo was outstanding. I guess gutherson going to 6 is a move to give us some depth in the halves as we have none. Isofa at 7 looks like Daryl Brohman he is huge.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4