NSW Origin Half - Adam Reynolds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jado

Reserve Grader
I said to my wife in the lead up to the finals series that if his then present form continued NSW would be crazy not to give Adam Reynolds a go starting at halfback for 2013 Origin, honestly I can't recall ever a time since the inception of Origin that I have been so unsatisfied with a NSW halfback as Pearce - maybe I missed all of the games he was impressive in, he doesn't impress me at all.

Reynolds on the other hand would add 6-10 points to the NSW team; with his pinpoint general play kicking game I am sure we would see our flying wingers score from his boot - then there's his goal kicking boot which is the best in years. He is the real deal.

Agree, he is a lot better option than Pearce but really needs to perform over the next 6 weeks as I reckon daley has Pearce ahead of him at the moment

Jado said:
I said to my wife in the lead up to the finals series that if his then present form continued NSW would be crazy not to give Adam Reynolds a go starting at halfback for 2013 Origin, honestly I can't recall ever a time since the inception of Origin that I have been so unsatisfied with a NSW halfback as Pearce - maybe I missed all of the games he was impressive in, he doesn't impress me at all.

Reynolds on the other hand would add 6-10 points to the NSW team; with his pinpoint general play kicking game I am sure we would see our flying wingers score from his boot - then there's his goal kicking boot which is the best in years. He is the real deal.

I agree with you Jado but hairy hat Daley has said Pearce was his number one choice. Just shows how stupid he was to comment about selection before the season started.

Jado said:
....honestly I can't recall ever a time since the inception of Origin that I have been so unsatisfied with a NSW halfback as Pearce...

You do realise Brett Kimmorley played for NSW don't you ?

This is a huge year for Mitchell Pearce. I think he's got plenty of talent, but for the last few years its been really hard to get a gauge on his club form because the roosters have been such a rabble.

I'm not yet convinced on Reynolds but I am coming around. My worry was he seemed a bit limited as to what he can do, but gradually he's bringing some different elements into his game and if he can continue with that he'll push Pearce all the way. Hopefully Gidley pulling on the Blues jersey again, let alone the no 7 no chance of happening.

TWO DOGS said:
Jado said:

I agree with you Jado but hairy hat Daley has said Pearce was his number one choice. Just shows how stupid he was to comment about selection before the season started.

Daley will change his opinion by Origin, I am sure of it. (Obviously if Reynolds is the go'er I think he will be- I am suspecting he might hold the role for the next era)

Reynolds is a great prospect with a terrific kicking game, but I am not convinced of his passing game or his defence.

Chip and Chase said:
Jado said:
....honestly I can't recall ever a time since the inception of Origin that I have been so unsatisfied with a NSW halfback as Pearce...

You do realise Brett Kimmorley played for NSW don't you ?

haha, yes but he never cemented his spot - never played all three games in the series he did play in. Guess i mean the halves who have actually made it to securing the roles as 'theirs' .

I am a fan of Reynolds dont get me wrong - but thought he was a bit disappointing after a great start last night ( maybe I'm biased cause Souths were anchoring my multi bet and I was sweating on every play ). But he didnt do much as the game wore on. DCE is a much better halfback than Reynolds but doesnt get quite the same wraps, not that it helps NSW obviously.

Pearce or Reynolds both OK but just dont stack up.

please pick him!
would love nothing more for NSW to swap their team around yet again, if by now NSW haven't learnt anything from Qld with the pick & stick you's never will!
8 in a row, thanks

Still not convinced by Reynolds. I hear Maloney mentioned a bit as well and would never have him near an Origin side

I am NSW through & through, but as much as it hurts me to say, I am with Brookie on this one.
NSW have forever just chopped and changed their team "willy nilly", whilst QLD stick with their players regardless of the club form they are in. They do this because they know the players chosen initially, were chosen because they will get the job done.
NSW players live in fear of getting the chop if they try something different & it doesn't come off. They are constantly looking over their shoulder and play it safe. In SOO you just cant afford to do this. It is the elite of the elite, and you need to have the courage to have a crack. Not live in fear of getting the flick if you make one mistake.
The sooner NSW realise this, the closer they will be to stopping QLD dominance.

Clint said:
I am NSW through & through, but as much as it hurts me to say, I am with Brookie on this one.
NSW have forever just chopped and changed their team "willy nilly", whilst QLD stick with their players regardless of the club form they are in. They do this because they know the players chosen initially, were chosen because they will get the job done.
NSW players live in fear of getting the chop if they try something different & it doesn't come off. They are constantly looking over their shoulder and play it safe. In SOO you just cant afford to do this. It is the elite of the elite, and you need to have the courage to have a crack. Not live in fear of getting the flick if you make one mistake.
The sooner NSW realise this, the closer they will be to stopping QLD dominance.

exactly!
they (NSW) have been ultra close in the past two series, but all the so called 'experts' want to swap for an untested half????
say what you want about pearce, but he is origin tough. people forget origin isn't the same as club footy, its a big step up...
plenty of awesome club form players have been exposed as not being up to origin. then you get the awesome club form/constant top try scorers like merritt who can't get a look in? go figure....

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8