NSW Player Rankings - from Foxsports

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anthony Minichiello - Had a horror night at the back despite scoring a try just before the break. Shocking error off a Lockyer kick resulted in a try to Yow Yeh. Rating 4

Brett Morris - Made a good break early but then lost the pill after being jolted in a solid Slater hit. He was targeted all night by the Maroons. 6

Mark Gasnier - Hardly sighted before setting up Akuila Uate for NSW's second try. Maroons kept him quiet. 4.5

Jarryd Hayne - Made some big defensive plays early and his booming kicks helped NSW gain valuable territory. Scored the Blues' second last try but it came too late. 7

Akuila Uate - The Maroons contained him early but he stepped Slater to score in the corner seconds before half-time and continued to run strongly throughout. 7

Jamie Soward - A tough night for the five-eighth as the Maroons dominated possession and field position. Always looked likely to break the line. He'll play for NSW for the long haul. 7

Mitchell Pearce - It's clear he's not even close to being the world's best halfback. His first clearing kick sailed out on the full. His Blues lacked structure. Showed glimpses of his best with a bullet pass to send Jarryd Hayne on a long-range sprint when the game was lost. 5.5

Tim Mannah - Gave away a cheap penalty with the Maroons pinned in their territory. Failed to make a huge impact and gained only 14 metres. 4

Michael Ennis - Came off the field injured in the 23rd minute. Didn't have a chance to shine. 4

Paul Gallen (c) - Another outstanding performance in a losing side. Forced to make 34 tackles in the first half alone when the Maroons dominated. Finished with 50 tackles and 169 metres. 8.5

Glenn Stewart - He performed well in the pressure of Origin. Constantly in the face of Thurston and Lockyer, looked dangerous on the fringes and made 39 tackles. 7

Ben Creagh - Worked hard in the middle in a mobile pack short on heavyweights. 6.5

Greg Bird - Showed glimpses of class in attack and scored a late consolation try, but penalty for attacking the legs of Lockyer after a kick hurt the Blues. 6.5

Interchange

Kurt Gidley - Always looked dangerous with his sniping from dummy-half and found plenty of space around the rucks. Made a staggering 42 tackles off the bench. Did make some costly errors with offensive opportunities beckoning. 7

Keith Galloway - Made his Origin debut in the second half. Hardly sighted. 4.5

Anthony Watmough - Failed to stop Cameron Smith from scoring out of dummy-half. Stepped up in the second half with some telling breaks. 6.5

Luke Lewis - Terrific off-load to set up the Blues' opening try. Made some dangerous half-breaks but also produced some costly errors. 6.5

How did Soward get a 7?
He didn't run, didn't tackle and his kicks all found Slater on the full.

As usual some ridiculous ratings & comments-
* Morris deserved 4/10 & that early break & lost ball not a result of big hit - Slater simply stripped it out??
*Soward looked likely - not likely more likely & back to speed hump days with Inglis - 5/10.
*Pearce not the best half - REALLY!! - who would have guessed - stating the obvious has a new meaning....
*Mannah overlooked by everyone - a massive failure who as a leader in the engine room where it counts managed a measly 14 metres & chipped in with sluggish movement in the defensive line -2/10
*Creagh - should be 5/10 - done nothing to deserve 6.5 -very average.
*Bird - ! of the better NSW players & why mention the penalty attacking Lockyers leg -seen 8 of those LATE challenges last night.
*Galloways comment hardly spotted when on in 2nd half yet gets 4.5 - does that mean if he was on 1st half also & hardly spotted we could double up & give him 9 !!! :huh:

MK Eagle said:
* Morris deserved 4/10 & that early break & lost ball not a result of big hit - Slater simply stripped it out??
*Soward looked likely - not likely more likely & back to speed hump days with Inglis - 5/10.
*Pearce not the best half - REALLY!! - who would have guessed - stating the obvious has a new meaning....
*Mannah overlooked by everyone - a massive failure who as a leader in the engine room where it counts managed a measly 14 metres & chipped in with sluggish movement in the defensive line -2/10
*Bird - ! of the better NSW players & why mention the penalty attacking Lockyers leg -seen 8 of those LATE challenges last night.
*Galloways comment hardly spotted when on in 2nd half yet gets 4.5 - does that mean if he was on 1st half also & hardly spotted we could double up & give him 9 !!! :huh:
Spot on. What's happened to NSW's supply of props? Mannah and Merin are well below SOO standard.

Next year we'll have Dugan or Snake at fullback, Gordon and Jennings will somewhere in the backline, possibly Tariq Simms and that long-haired Titan forward James.
I'm not sold on Pearce or Soward, but are there any alternatives in NSW?

AshfieldBazza said:
Gidley the same ?? how did he get a 7 ? Played a good game 2 but this one he was amongst NSW worst i thought.

I thought Gidley played well out of dummy half - his problems are caused when he tries to play half or fullback. He is a better hooker than any other position (except left right out)

See everybody will bag mannah again for his metres gained stats, but people fail to see that in the short time in the 1st half he was on the field, Qld had all the ball, pretty hard to make metres with no possession

Hey Kiwi, where have you been? Surely you must see that Mannah's a plodder. And his penalty got Qld on a roll. Just remember, Stuart preferred him over Princess and just look at the way he's playing lately.

Kiwi Eagle said:
See everybody will bag mannah again for his metres gained stats, but people fail to see that in the short time in the 1st half he was on the field, Qld had all the ball, pretty hard to make metres with no possession
I bag his selection, performance & his low impact - NO , not just his pathetic metres but his inabillity to impose himself in defence & as you state had limited ball so where was the big defence you would expect from a frontrower to create some fear or turnovers in the decider??? Still think 14 metres is filthy & Gallen (50 tackles) although a machine ran for over 10 times those metres - puts it in perspective.

Des was just on fox sports after the snake interview. Fm he looks like a wino. We take the piss out of Gould but fair dinkum DES take a shower, have a shave and get a hair cut.

I see Choc gets the 100% blame for Mini sprinting out of dummy half at the last second, creating the hole for Smith to simply dive over.

The Who said:
MK Eagle said:
Spot on. What's happened to NSW's supply of props? Mannah and Merin are well below SOO standard.

Next year we'll have Dugan or Snake at fullback, Gordon and Jennings will somewhere in the backline, possibly Tariq Simms and that long-haired Titan forward James.
I'm not sold on Pearce or Soward, but are there any alternatives in NSW?

we have Wallace and Mullen. Both easily better than Pearce. Mullen is injured. Then we have Campese for the five-eighth but he's out too.

Brett will get the Number 1 jersey next year. Injuries didn't help us much this year, most of the states best were coming back from injury or were injured at some point during the season. I don't get why Queensland players don't get these problems often and ours do.

The Eagle said:
Wallace is f**king ****house,dont even go there

So are Pearce & Coward.

It's why I harp on about Campo & Mullen like a broken record, at least those two actually have some potential.

EDIT: Mullen has another big plus. If he's in the team then he fills the obligatory Newcastle player spot, allowing us to chuck Gidley on the scrap heap. Win-win.

DSM5 said:
Hey Kiwi, where have you been? Surely you must see that Mannah's a plodder. And his penalty got Qld on a roll. Just remember, Stuart preferred him over Princess and just look at the way he's playing lately.

Still over in Europe, head home next week, last origin is the only game I have seen in over a month and I'm missing it, had to wait outside a pub for it to open and talk the guy into putting it on for me. I just find it hard to bag mannah on metres gained when nsw didn't have the ball, was similar to king in origin 1

Jerry1 said:
Des was just on fox sports after the snake interview. Fm he looks like a wino. We take the piss out of Gould but fair dinkum DES take a shower, have a shave and get a hair cut.

Just keep coaching a winning footy team Des

Mate if I'd seen him walking down the road I'd have crossed it to avoid the stail urine and biscuit smell. Fm we had a pop at the CEO for wearing a polo shirt. Get a grip DES.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4