NSW Player ratings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
SMH Ratings

1. Brett Stewart Rock solid in defence and on hand to score a crucial try. Could have got involved a little more in attack, but made most of his chances. 7

2. Jarryd Hayne Didn't get as involved as he did in the previous two Origin games this year. Sound performance but lacked the brilliance needed. 6

3. Michael Jennings Given very few chances in attack and really was unable to get into the game. Defensively sound but NSW needed some of his dazzle. 6

4. Josh Morris Again was solid in defence and produced an amazing try-saving tackle on Greg Inglis, then scored a stunner himself. Great game. 9

5. Brett Morris Scored a try, made a great break that led to points, and made most of limited opportunities. Sound in defence. 7

6. Todd Carney Kicking game was not great, and when targeted in defence missed a few tackles. Stepped up with a brilliant sideline conversion, but NSW needed more. 6

7. Mitchell Pearce Defensively solid but badly missed a tackle on Thurston that led to a try. Steered the team well and was involved in the last try. 6

8. Tim Grant Good front-rower's game. Showed during his two Origin games he's up to this level, and was strong in defence and hit-ups last night. 7

9. Robbie Farah Again one of NSW's best players. Wasn't dominant in attack, but made good metres around the ruck. Defence was outstanding. 8

10. James Tamou Has shown this year he is made for Origin. Last night again produced in defence and was always putting his hand up to take the ball up. 7

11. Beau Scott Defended well but didn't provide too much in attack. Still defence was what was needed quite often against the Maroons. 6

12. Greg Bird Not the best of games. Still tough and ferocious in defence at times, but didn't seem as dominant as he had been in the first two games. 7

13. Paul Gallen (c) Absolutely outstanding effort. For NSW players it would be hard not to be inspired by your captain. A truckload of tackles and always put his hand up for a run. 8

Interchange

14. Tony Williams Was supposed to be the impact player for NSW, but on a limited lead-up, really didn't have much of an impact. 6

15.Luke Lewis Didn't appear until the 45th minute, but once he came on he had an instant impact. 7

16. Ben Creagh Copped a bad head knock soon after he came on, and didn't have much game time or impact after that. 4

17. Anthony Watmough Really gave NSW something when he came off the bench. 7

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/how-they-rated-nsw-20120704-21hv7.html#ixzz1zj6EraO0

The Telegraph.

Brett Stewart: His try gave the Blues a sniff but not a major influence. 6.5

Jarryd Hayne: There were glimpses of his best but generally well contained. 7

Josh Morris: Saved a certain try and scored one of Origin's great tries. Outstanding. 8.5

Michael Jennings: Defence sound and looked threatening but never saw enough space. 6.5

Brett Morris: Not the first time these twins couldn't be spilt. Great game. 8.5

Todd Carney: Another mixed bag but proved he can handle the pressure. 6.5

Mitchell Pearce: Was treated like a rag doll and failed to take any real control. 5

Tim Grant: Played tough but not the force he was in game two. 6

Robbie Farah: Flattened early but showed courage and produced two kicks for tries. 8

James Tamou: Never shirked it up the middle and took it to the Maroons. 7.5

Beau Scott: Struggled to get in the game and no real impact on the right edge. 5.5

Greg Bird: Came in for plenty of punishment but never stopped coming. 7

Paul Gallen: Typical whole-hearted effort from the skipper. 7.5

Luke Lewis: Only got on in the second half but gave it everything. 6

Ben Creagh: Massive head cut early and not many minutes as a result. 4

Anthony Watmough: Played injured and his impact suffered as a result. 6

Tony WillIams: Looked to spread-eagle defenders but pretty well contained. 5.5

I saw Choc got a 6 and nearly spewed in my cornflakes. Him, bird and Lewis were the only forwards that were aggressive in defence.

Pearce a 3 at best. Stuart a 3, absolutely no structure in attack and the use of the interchange players was terrible. The selection of Creagh instead of a front rower was a clanger.

Pearce a 3 at best. I just can't believe he's the best nsw half. If he was a qld'er (and after last night I'm not sure he isn't) he would be lucky to be 7th pick for number 7. Woeful kicking game, scored an excellent assist in a try for the wrong team.

Williams barely a 2. I feel a whole heap better about losing him to the heels. Little involvement, minimal impact, caused two crucial turnovers.

Really NSW didn't have a dreadful game after all 21-20 is hardly a flogging. The difference probably the halves , Thurston / Gronk v our pair.........they win hands down.

Sadly I think we are on for a few more years of this **** yet

This:

'Really NSW didn't have a dreadful game after all 21-20 is hardly a flogging. The difference probably the halves , Thurston / Gronk v our pair.........they win hands down.'

Williams barely a 2. I feel a whole heap better about losing him to the heels. Little involvement, minimal impact, caused two crucial turnovers.
[/quote]

Williams was absolutely rubbish last night. Not destructive or aggressive. I think he was intimidated rather than intimidating. He struggle with the faster pace and better tackling of the top guys. He was too flat footed for the most part of the game. It might work in the NRL but not in the big games.
Creagh should never wear the blue again.

bigswifty said:

eagleE said:
Williams was absolutely rubbish last night. Not destructive or aggressive. I think he was intimidated rather than intimidating. He struggle with the faster pace and better tackling of the top guys. He was too flat footed for the most part of the game.

There were so many articles about him being the 'messaih' maybe the nsw team started to believe it could be done just with him on the field.

?

The Telegraph's love fest for Hayne continues! How can Snake rate a 6.5 and Hayne get 7??????????

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2