• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle Has Landed

Bencher
Tipping Member
Yes this again
Who would you pick?
Your team and thoughts?
I would pick

1.Hayne
2.B.Morris
3.Jennings
4.J.Morris
5.Uate?
6.Maloney
7.Pearce
8.Tamou
9.Farrah
10.Grant
11.Watmough
12.Bird
13.Gallen (C)

14.Gidley
15.Lewis
16.Learoyd-Lars?
17.T.Sims?

18.Hoffman

Hoffman will start, with Gallen in the front row most likely. I think Carney will get picked. And I feel Merritt deserves a spot over Uate. Lewis will start with Watmough from the bench. Two Morris's make me a little nervous..

Stewart
Hayne
Jennings
Morris
Morris
Carney
Pearce
Tamou
Farah
Gallen
Watmough
Lewis
Bird

Gidley (he played for Oz so will be picked)
Mason
Grant
Hoffman

Woods the next cab off the rank in the front row with Fifita the wildcard
The last 2 weeks have proven again to me Carney is a step ahead of Maloney, his long passing game is brilliant and with players running the right lines it could be very dangerous, especially if he puts Jennings in the clear

I probably wouldn't pick Gidley myself but can see why he will be picked, can offer a good injection into 9 if Farah needs a break but can also cover the halves and fullback to an adequate level

Really Carney over Maloney? I would of thought that the two halves playing week in and out would be a shoe in.

Bad news about Gallen.

I like that bench Kiwi.

I will get howled down by plenty but NSW and the sharks would be better off with Gallen getting far less minutes.The number of times he hits it up on the fourth or fifth tackle when something more creative is required is blindingly obvious in my opinion.It looks great on the stats sheet but NSW need to score points,not see him run for 200 metres.

Gould has questioned the way he is used in origin quite often and I agree.Not a lot of people remember he was dropped quite often in origin and did not play the whole series until the last two or 3 years and I think this was the part of the reason.

In my opinion the only way a bloke who rarely breaks the line like him can run for 200m is if he gets it far too often.He is such a strong and penetrative player that he should concentrate on quality not quantity and give the ball players more time with the pill.

The sharks used the ball more today than I have seen them for ages after he went off and they got the chocolates.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Really Carney over Maloney? I would of thought that the two halves playing week in and out would be a shoe in.

Bad news about Gallen.

I like that bench Kiwi.

Carney and Pearce did the 3 games last year and I think they will stick with that, Maloney does play with Pearce week to week but id say Carney and Pearce have played more games together ?

There is a lot of hype with Maloney this year, I have been watching him for a while now though and other than support play and speed off the mark in that area I think Carney has him covered in all areas, especially the passing game

Would never have said Mason would play again but form wise I can't leave him out, and on top of that he brings experience and the ability to bring a team together

Kiwi Eagle said:
Stewart
Hayne
Jennings
Morris
Morris
Carney
Pearce
Tamou
Farah
Gallen
Watmough
Lewis
Bird

Gidley (he played for Oz so will be picked)
Mason
Grant
Hoffman

Woods the next cab off the rank in the front row with Fifita the wildcard
The last 2 weeks have proven again to me Carney is a step ahead of Maloney, his long passing game is brilliant and with players running the right lines it could be very dangerous, especially if he puts Jennings in the clear

I probably wouldn't pick Gidley myself but can see why he will be picked, can offer a good injection into 9 if Farah needs a break but can also cover the halves and fullback to an adequate level

I really like that side and think that line up could win the series. The only player that I'm not sure on is Gidley.

I think Merrit definately deserves a spot. I'd like to see John Sutton given a go at 5/8. his size would be a huge plus.

My team:

Stewart
Hayne
Jennings
Morris
Morris
Carney
Pearce
Tamou
Farrah
Gallen
Watmough
Merrin
Bird

Sutton
Hoffman
Sims
Lewis

18th man - Gidley
19th man - Woods

1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Michael Gordon
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce or Todd Carney
8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
10. Trent Merrin
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Aaron Woods
17. Ryan Hoffman

Stewart
B Morris/Taufua
Jennings
J Morris
Hayne
Maloney
Pearce(isn't the best half but he's been there and reynolds will choke)

Gallen
Farah
Tamou
Watmough
Bird
G Stewart

Mannah
Merrin
Lewis
Fifita/grant

I know he'll be picked but I can't cop Hayne and his lack of effort. Sure he can do some freakish things, but he has a lot of junk and laziness in his game. Prefer Uate and Morris on the wings personally. I know Uate struggled in defence last year, but he runs so hard and is quick.

Would Idris be any chance on the bench ? cover centre and backrow and maybe offer a little bit of X-factor ? We won't have t-Rex there this year (I assume) so we will be looking for someone who can bust a line and attract defence.

Lewis, Bird and Choc are backrow certainties (if Gallen is out). Not a Hoffman fan myself, likewise for Sims. Farah, and Tamou will be 2/3 front row. The other 3 prop spots are open. Grant and Merrin probably in box seat. Mannah or Woods would suffice.

Unfortunately I think Gidley and Creagh will be named.

wombatgc said:
I think Merrit definately deserves a spot. I'd like to see John Sutton given a go at 5/8. his size would be a huge plus.

nonono wombat. I couldn't cop Sutton in their mate.
I had Maloney at 5/8 two weeks ago, but Carney has convinced me in the last two weeks that he deserves to hold his spot from a high flying Maloney.
At risk of stating the bleating obvious, that's a massive blow if Gallen is gone. I'd have Mason in my team.
I know Uate was found out last series but I think I'd give him another go ahead of Merritt, just....I know Merritt has been going great guns, but I can't help to think that he'd get rag dolled, ala Brett Hodgson, in SOO.

I would be willing to give Blake Ferguson a spot on the wing.

He is actually quite similar to Greg Inglis with regards to his body composition and upper body strength.

Pittwater Legend said:
I would be willing to give Blake Ferguson a spot on the wing.

He is actually quite similar to Greg Inglis with regards to his body composition and upper body strength.

Was that Blake Ferguson that streaked away & scored a try against the Storm?? If it is, man he's quick!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4