NSW squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KNUCKLES

weights before dates
Ok as we all know state of origin selection is just around the corner.. So let's get all the armchair coaches together to select their preferred line ups..

1.Lachlan Coote
2.James Roberts
3.Josh Dugan
4.Blake Ferguson
5.Josh Mansour
6.James Maloney
7.Adam Reynolds
8.Aaron Woods
9.Michael Ennis
10.James Tamou
11.Boyd Cordner
12.Josh Jackson
13.Paul Gallen (c)

14.Bryce Cartwright
15.Jake Trbojevic
16.David Klemmer
17.Tyrone Peachey
18.Matt Moylan
19.Andrew Fifita

Like your pack = A - & Cartwright on the bench a must....truth is that backline at this stage is VERY debatable.....
Personally a massive Moylan fan & would have him there - 1 or 6...

1.Coote
2.Dugan
3.Roberts
4.Leilua
5.Trbojevic
6.Maloney
7.Townsend
8.Woods
9.Ennis
10.Tamou
11.Cartwright
12.Jackson
13.Trbojevic

14.Graham
15.Cordner
16.Klemmer
17.Fifita

18.Mansour
19.Moylan

Won't be the squad but if it was picked on form this would be the side. Tom will be there for sure next year but I think he deserves it this year he has been NSW best winger. And Jake deserves the spot, he provides solid defence and rarely misses a tackle and also has amazing ball skills he can set up a try and score one himself.

Ok as we all know state of origin selection is just around the corner.. So let's get all the armchair coaches together to select their preferred line ups..

1.Lachlan Coote
2.James Roberts
3.Josh Dugan
4.Blake Ferguson
5.Josh Mansour
6.James Maloney
7.Adam Reynolds
8.Aaron Woods
9.Michael Ennis
10.James Tamou
11.Boyd Cordner
12.Josh Jackson
13.Paul Gallen (c)

14.Bryce Cartwright
15.Jake Trbojevic
16.David Klemmer
17.Tyrone Peachey
18.Matt Moylan
19.Andrew Fifita
The inclusion of ferguson means I can't take you seriously. Sorry mate.

Like your pack = A - & Cartwright on the bench a must....truth is that backline at this stage is VERY debatable.....
Personally a massive Moylan fan & would have him there - 1 or 6...
I'm a massive Moylan fan too.. But Coote got the jump for me because Matty hasn't played much this season. I don't rate Josh Morris

FB - Matt Moylan
WG - Blake Ferguson
CE - Josh Dugan
CE - James Roberts
WG - Josh Mansour
FE - James Maloney
HB - Chad Townsend
PR - Aaron Woods
HK - Michael Ennis
PR - James Tamou
SR - Boyd Cordner
SR - Josh Jackson
LK - Paul Gallen (c)

Res - Bryce Cartwright, Jake Trbojevic, David Klemmer, Andrew Fifita

He will be picked I'll put money on it..whether we like it or not
If he's picked at centre I'll eat my hat. I'm not so stupid as to think there wasn't a reason he was picked for the test match. Just hoping you as a silver tails member weren't stupid enough to see it as a good idea. He is rugby league intellect impaired. Physically talented but not smart enough on the field to make the right decisions. Off the field, well.....

If fit the Morris bros will be there.

And a smokey is Will Hoppa.

Josh Morris maybe, Brett hasn't been sighted so far. Last I saw of him he was still on crutches.

If J Moz plays then I'd be tempted to play Maloney at half, Moylan at 5/8 and Dugan at FB to accommodate him.

What we have to remember about Hoppa Mk.2 is that he is actually an incumbent NSW Origin centre. Don't discount Daley's so-called loyalty factor.

If he's picked at centre I'll eat my hat. I'm not so stupid as to think there wasn't a reason he was picked for the test match. Just hoping you as a silver tails member weren't stupid enough to see it as a good idea. He is rugby league intellect impaired. Physically talented but not smart enough on the field to make the right decisions. Off the field, well.....
No I'm not a fan of him particularly.. I think he will be picked somewhere in the team whether it's centre or wing is to be determined. I'm a fan of Roberts as a player not so much as a person but think Ferguson would be a better suit in origin type football in the centre position defensively hence my decision

S
FB - Matt Moylan
WG - Blake Ferguson
CE - Josh Dugan
CE - James Roberts
WG - Josh Mansour
FE - James Maloney
HB - Chad Townsend
PR - Aaron Woods
HK - Michael Ennis
PR - James Tamou
SR - Boyd Cordner
SR - Josh Jackson
LK - Paul Gallen (c)

Res - Bryce Cartwright, Jake Trbojevic, David Klemmer, Andrew Fifita
solid team!

No I'm not a fan of him particularly.. I think he will be picked somewhere in the team whether it's centre or wing is to be determined. I'm a fan of Roberts as a player not so much as a person but think Ferguson would be a better suit in origin type football in the centre position defensively hence my decision
Sorry mate. Ferguson objectively shiphouse defensively at NRL level. He will be a turnstile at origin level. He's the only reason we got a win against the roosters in round four.

PS. Not a hater just can't agree with you here.

Not a team I'd really want to pick, but its close-ish to who I think will be.

Ferguson may be hopeless in defence, but rep selectors and coaches seem to have a man crush on the bloke. And after the test where he scored a try, only injury will keep Daley from having him there.

I've gone for Townsend over Adam Reynolds or Sezer because of his club combo with Maloney which is obviously working well. And Daley seems to like the club combination thing.

The rest just about pick themselves really, though I admit I am optimistic about Jake's chances. For some reason I get the feeling he might be this years forgotten man come Origin time.

Last edited:
No one giving Greg Bird a hope ?? I reckon he'll be there.

I'd love to see Cartwright get a bench spot, same with Peachey.

My blues team since I've been critical on here. Keep in mind I'm happy to lose this series for the sake of growth in future years.

Tedesco if injured Moylan
Mansour
Roberts
Morris
Morris
Bird
Reynolds Adam
Gallen
Bird
Scott
Klemmer
Eniss
Woods

Cartwright
Tamou
Fifita
Luke Lewis

Think it's a mix of old and new for a series of transition. Any win is a bonus but a good chance with two Sydney games.

I think the key is

1) backs with pace and points
2) forwards with absolute mongrel and a touch of skill where possible
3) halves not scarred by years of losses

So without naming the entire team I'd have Tedesco, Moylan, Lachlan Coote and James Roberts there somewhere. Josh Morris has always been very good, and has handled Inglis well, so he keeps his spot.

Halves.....Pearce out. He's too scarred and he hasnt played enough. Maloney has been great and a top kicker he gets one half spot for me. The other? Very tough. I'm happy to give Sezer a go, but Chad Townsend has been amazing this year. I could definitely give him a shot.

The forwards need that mix of Klemmer and Gallen (tough nuts) with skilful (Cartwright and Fifita) and workers (Jake T, Cordner and even Sironen).

Oh and I think Austin should be on the running for a bench spot. That might be Cartwright, but Austin should be a chance. He's a big hard running five eight and could play in the back row if needed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6