NSW team announced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
JAMAL Idris's rapid rugby league rise has continued, with the huge Canterbury centre named in the NSW squad for Origin I next Wednesday. Cronulla's Paul Gallen missed out.

The notable omissions are Cronulla’s Test lock Paul Gallen and Penrith centre Michael Jennings, who scored three tries against the Sharks yesterday.

Manly skipper Jamie Lyon was named in the contentious five-eighth position to partner Brett Kimmorley in the halves.

Parramatta centre Timana Tahu will partner St George-Illawarra’s Matt Cooper in the centres with Bulldogs rookie Jamal Idris on the bench.

NSW team for State of Origin I v Queensland on May 26 at ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Kurt Gidley (c), Jarryd Hayne, Matt Cooper, Timana Tahu, Brett Morris,  Jamie Lyon, Brett Kimmorley,
Anthony Watmough,  Ben Creagh,  Trent Waterhouse, Michael Weyman,  Michael Ennis, Josh Perry.

Interchange: Brett White, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Jamal Idris, Luke Lewis

How the hell did Watmough get into the team except on reputation.  he has been very ordinary this year and had a shocker tonight. 

He must also have photos of Bellamy and the goat

Gidley, Waterhouse and White are classic Bellamy picks. He sees more in them than anyone else does. IMO they will decide the SOO series and another loss. How Jennings missed out for Tahu is beyond me.

The usual dross from NSW - pick players according to headlines rather than form or position.

Several players out of position.  A horribly lop-sided bench that will require a major mid-game reshuffle to accommodate a bench player (Idris) and captained by a bloke who would struggle to make the 4th XIII of NRL talent, simply for the symbolism of having a boy from the Hunter captain the side.

Good luck with that.

Cant believe we only have 1 prop on the bench - is Bellamy kidding himself?

Well now it looks like QLD to take out their 5th series in a row seeing as though yet again the dumb NSW selectors have yet again picked Kidley as fullback and Captain.

The selectors are spooked by Inglis, why else would they go with Tahu and Cooper ? They want two so called "dominant" defensive centres, problem is they don't offer a lot in attack.

Don't mind Waterhouse, and Tommy Two Dads is a big unit and can cover prop. Watmough better hope he produces his form from last years Origin because he has been a bit off the pace for us.

Why carry a centre on the bench. Lewis can cover most positions in the backline and another forward should have been chosen before Idris.

Waterhouse is unfit.  He gets away with it at club level but he has been found out at origin level several times.

And Perry is crap too.  Is he really in the top echelon of props for NSW when arguably he's one of our worst? 

But Gidley does it for me.  If you want to find a fellow who walks around in an apparent state of permanent shocked bemusement, he is it.  Yet the selectors consider him so good he'll hold out the Dally M player of the year from his preferred position.  The selectors are incompetent. 

Matabele link said:
Waterhouse is unfit.  He gets away with it at club level but he has been found out at origin level several times.

And Perry is crap too.  Is he really in the top echelon of props for NSW when arguably he's one of our worst?  

But Gidley does it for me.  If you want to find a fellow who walks around in an apparent state of permanent shocked bemusement, he is it.  Yet the selectors consider him so good he'll hold out the Dally M player of the year from his preferred position.  The selectors are incompetent.  

YEP! I agree and call for their sackings.

Queensland are one game closer to 5 in a row

Matabele link said:
The selectors are incompetent. 

I can't fault you on that one.  The selection of Kidley in that position over Hayne is a complete joke and so is putting him at Captain again.  The guy is not Captain material and is a bench player at best.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183334.msg262861#msg262861 date=1274100080]
Waterhouse is unfit.  He gets away with it at club level but he has been found out at origin level several times.

And Perry is crap too.  Is he really in the top echelon of props for NSW when arguably he's one of our worst? 

But Gidley does it for me.  If you want to find a fellow who walks around in an apparent state of permanent shocked bemusement, he is it.  Yet the selectors consider him so good he'll hold out the Dally M player of the year from his preferred position.  The selectors are incompetent. 

YEP! I agree and call for their sackings.
[/quote]  If they're not sacked they'll go into the Queensland Hall of Fame for helping to create a dynasty. 

Matabele link said:

pfffft  Was amusing to hear the so-called experts finally cottoning on in the 25th minute to the garbage the selectors dished up. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6