NSW team for State of Origin I v Queensland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
NSW team for State of Origin I v Queensland on May 26 at ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Kurt Gidley (c),
Jarryd Hayne,
Matt Cooper,
Timana Tahu,
Brett Morris, 
Jamie Lyon,
Brett Kimmorley,
Anthony Watmough,
Ben Creagh, 
Trent Waterhouse,
Michael Weyman, 
Michael Ennis,
Josh Perry.

Interchange: Brett White, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Jamal Idris, Luke Lewis

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/idris-in-gallen-out-for-nsw/story-e6frexnr-1225867906994

JAMAL Idris's rapid rugby league rise has continued, with the huge Canterbury centre named in the NSW squad for Origin I next Wednesday. Cronulla's Paul Gallen missed out.

The notable omissions are Cronulla’s Test lock Paul Gallen and Penrith centre Michael Jennings, who scored three tries against the Sharks yesterday.

Manly skipper Jamie Lyon was named in the contentious five-eighth position to partner Brett Kimmorley in the halves.

Parramatta centre Timana Tahu will partner St George-Illawarra’s Matt Cooper in the centres with Bulldogs rookie Jamal Idris on the bench.

1. Kurt Gidley (c) - Newcastle Knights
2. Brett Morris - St George Illawarra Dragons
3. Matt Cooper - St George Illawarra Dragons
4. Timana Tahu - Parramatta Eels
5. Jarryd Hayne - Parramatta Eels
6. Jamie Lyon - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
7. Brett Kimmorley - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
8. Michael Weyman - St George Illawarra Dragons
9. Michael Ennis - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
10.Josh Perry - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
11. Trent Waterhouse - Penrith Panthers
12. Ben Creagh - St George Illawarra Dragons
13. Anthony Watmough - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
14. Jamal Idris - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs - Canberra Raiders
16. Luke Lewis - Penrith Panthers
17. Brett White - Melbourne Storm

Rambo1987 link said:
Gidley at Captain - WTF

Yep again and again at fullback. QLD to win their 5th series in a row.

Queensland in a canter. Watmough only got picked on reputation as his form this year is crap.

If they lose this series, which based on that team and on paper they will, then I hope that see the end of these selectors

gidley is fullback and captain? tahu into the centers? a better center than tahu on the bench as a utility?

im not even watching now. the selectors are on some whacked **** to come up with that side.

all of QLD right now is sitting back laughing their arses off. NSWRL is officially a joke.

Has to be one of the most woeful NSW teams I've ever seen.

Idris? Is Tim Sheens the coach?! We always knew we'd need an extra center (and a fairly poor one at that) on the bench  ::) Apparently Dugan isn't ready for Origin yet but Sir Manboobs himself is? Disgraceful selection.

Tahu has no rights to be there, plenty of centers ahead of him. He'll get torn apart by QLD.

Jamie will play well but I don't see why he was selected at 5/8th. The NSW selectors must think he's trying to use reverse psychology on them.

"I don't want to play - I want to spend time with my family"
"Jamie must want to play. Lets pick him"

"I should be picked at center, it's my best position"
"Sounds like a 5/8th to us"

Glad I haven't bought my Origin tickets yet because I'll have to have a good think about whether I can be bothered to go & watch that team play.

I have a conspiracy theory that Tahu was offered an origin spot as part of his deal to come back to League. I can see no other explanation for his selection, and Lyon's selection in 5/8

I watched the Manly game last night at the Parra Leagues (yes yes I know, but I couldn't make the game and I'm living at the moment a 200m walk from their leagues club and knew it would be on) and I can tell you I joined in on the very loud boo when they announced Gidley. What a farce.

My team would have been based upon those selections but I would have sacrificed a back rower and played another prop - maybe King/Ryles/Snowden/Galloway/Billy weepu/Don Mckinnon/Steve/Peter Mayoh/Bill Hardy - anybody  :mad:

1. Hayne
2. Brett Morris - St George Illawarra Dragons
3. Matt Cooper - St George Illawarra Dragons
4. Idris
5. Tahu
6. Jamie Lyon - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
7. Brett Kimmorley - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
8. Michael Weyman - St George Illawarra Dragons
9. Michael Ennis - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
10.Josh Perry - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
11. Trent Waterhouse - Penrith Panthers
12. Ben Creagh - St George Illawarra Dragons
13. Anthony Watmough - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
14. Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs - Canberra Raiders
16. Luke Lewis - Penrith Panthers
17. Brett White - Melbourne Storm

Gidley,Cooper ,Tahu, Kimmorely ,white ,Lewis..Fukme dead ,that is attrocious .I wish the NSW  selectors would leave M J Fox & the Delorian at home ,when its time to make a selection.
Whats the opposite of the old saying , -IF IT AINT BROKE ,DONT FIX IT !!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6