Nsw team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KNUCKLES

weights before dates
So after a big loss last night I think it's time for some selection changes, or a massive clean out and try a new angle. Including laurie Daley. I think hooves would be a good fit. So what would your team be for the first game next year. Here is mine.

1.Matt Moylan
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Dugan
4.Blake Ferguson
5.Josh Mansour
6.Blake Austin
7.Adam Reynolds
8.Aaron Woods
9.Nathan Peats
10.James Tamou
11.Beau Scott
12.Paul Gallen
13.Greg Bird

14.David Klemmer
15.Josh Jackson
16.Boyd Cordner
17.Tariq Sims

18.Tyson Frizell

Massive clean out?

They won it last year against the greatest team in origin history. This year with a bit of luck and composure they could have won the first game as well

Yes last night was embarrassing and no doubt there will be some changes but maybe they need to show some faith to the system they are trying to implement. As for getting rid of Daley who do you suggest he is replaced by?

Massive clean out?

They won it last year against the greatest team in origin history. This year with a bit of luck and composure they could have won the first game as well

Yes last night was embarrassing and no doubt there will be some changes but maybe they need to show some faith to the system they are trying to implement. As for getting rid of Daley who do you suggest he is replaced by?
I think just some tweaking needs to be done. I think some of the older guys like Gallen and Beau Scott might need to go (they may retire anyway) And whilst highly biased I think Jake T could be a good replacement for Gallen. Gallen is effectively a prop anyway.

We"ve had practically the same team for the last three - four yrs and have won one series and even then changes the halves combo. I think we have to try new things against yes a champion qld side.. Ant it will be again next year.. If we lose next year with the same team it will be clear cut. Why not try it sooner if it might bring success.

As for getting rid of Daley who do you suggest he is replaced by?
I said before I think Toovey would be a good fit for nsw or Australia if he wants to continue coaching. And I don't think there would be a better time to bring back New South Wales most successful coach in Phil Gould. HIs reign at the panthers is coming to an end. He may just be the man to pull us out of a decade of disappointment.

Gould does not want to do it (and has not coached for years now)

Team needs tweaks not wholesale changes. Apart from last night when was the last blow out?
2012,2013 both came down to deciders where we lost by 1 or two points...against a champion side

It is time to start again after a performance like that. I am still in shock that they were so inept and really Daley and his coaching team should go after this. Not sure they will.

My team for game 1 next year

Fullback: Matt Moylan
Right Wing: Alex Johnson
Right Centre: Blake Ferguson
Left Centre: Brett Morris
Left Wing : Josh Morriis
Five Eight: Blake Austin
Half Back: Adam Reynolds
Lock: Glenn Stewart
Second Row: Bryce Cartwright
Second Row: Josh Jackson
Front Row: David Klemmer
Front Row: Aaron Woods
Hooker: Robbie Farah (C)

Bench:
Josh Reynolds
Jake Turbo
Trent Merrin
Andrew Fifita

Lot to happen between now and then, but at this stage, assuming all players available and in reasonable form, I'll go:

1 J Dugan
2 B Morris
3 J Morris
4 M Jennings
5 J Mansour
6 B Austin
7 A Reynolds
8 J Tamou
9 R Farah
10 A Woods
11 B Cordner
12 G Bird
13 P Gallen

14 J Buhrer / J Bird
15 D Klemmer
16 J Trbojevic
17 T Frizell / B Cartwright

Others in the mix:

M Moylan
J Tedesco
D Walker
A Fifita
T Merrin
J Jackson

On last night's performance, the only NSW player who should not have to worry about getting dropped (unless his club form goes down the tubes) is Josh Dugan.

Gallen played well in a thrashed side, but has he ever been the right choice as NSW captain? He's lost more Origin series than any other captain in NSW history. I tend to think that before Origin started this year that Phil Gould was right, its time for Gallen to step aside. He puts in every game but just doesn't seem to have the ability to bring his team together under adversity, not at Cronulla and not for NSW. A good captain should have that ability.

At this stage of his career Ennis was obviously only ever going to be a fill-in. His Origin career is now over.

Hopoate, Pearce, Hodkinson and Cordner should never get picked again. All have proven themselves out of their depth in Origin on countless occasions.

The Morris twins, Jennings, Woods, Tamou, Scott, Hoffman and most of the bench will probably get another chance next year.

The coach said he didn't see the humiliation coming The captain said he didn't see the thrashing coming and I cant see NSW coming back to win the series next season

So after a big loss last night I think it's time for some selection changes, or a massive clean out and try a new angle. Including laurie Daley. I think hooves would be a good fit. So what would your team be for the first game next year. Here is mine.

1.Matt Moylan
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Dugan
4.Blake Ferguson
5.Josh Mansour
6.Blake Austin
7.Adam Reynolds
8.Aaron Woods
9.Nathan Peats
10.James Tamou
11.Beau Scott
12.Paul Gallen
13.Greg Bird

14.David Klemmer
15.Josh Jackson
16.Boyd Cordner
17.Tariq Sims

18.Tyson Frizell
I'd have Frizell and Ryan James in ahead of Cordner and Jackson. Bird and Austin give the flexibility if injuries hit, so no need for Jackson who I personally feel is overrated.

JakeT must be there .... Fullstop . I've said he'll be better than Klemmer and Woods together. Origin will prove that.

No Manly-Warringah players were involved, so who cares?

No chance that Jamie can be blamed for this one.;) That must really piss off the likes of Brothelfield.

Read Mascord's piece, in today's SMH, for some perspective.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4