NSW under 20s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pepi

Bencher
Congrats to Liam Knight (starting prop) and Addison Demetriou (bench) selected for the under 20s Blues.
Hope we utilise these boys from our ranks like Des has done with Jackson and Lane at the dogs.

1. Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters) 2. Brian Kelly (Gold Coast) 3. John Olive (South Sydney) 4. Robert Jennings (Penrith) 5. Brent Naden (Penrith) 6. Jackson Hastings (Sydney Roosters) 7. Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra) 8. Alex Twal (Parramatta) 9. Grant Garvey (Sydney Roosters) 10. Liam Knight (Manly) 11. Joe Stimson (Melbourne) 12. Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta) 13. Luke Yates (Newcastle)

Interchange: 14. Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers) 15. Oliver Clarke (Penrith) 16. Addison Demetriou (Manly) 17. Hame Sele (St George Illawarra) 18. Matt Woods (Wests Tigers)

Liam Knight has been in the warm ups with the NRL side a few times this year already :)

Great to see Demetriou get a bench spot too.

I wonder if FOXTEL will show these Junior Games?

Last edited:
Both guys are wonderful prospects, hopefully our club is smart enough to retain them to long term deals, our 20s side has a chance this year to do something in the finals. I hope that it is beyond doubt that the firsts cant make it they put Tom T back there and that will really boost their chances no end.

I never see our 20s play

What are these boys attributes ?
Well drilled team Kiwi - good young halves who attack the edges & a few great hole runners who hit the ball 100kmh.....yound Demitriou is that stocky tank like build who basically rolls through the line & has a deadly offload - can hit in defence also.
The team is deadset 20 points better when Turbo is at fullback as no team in that grade can contain him - often scoring 3-4 tries.
At full strength can test the best teams but the defence in this grade is at times non existent with every side - its not uncommon to get a 44-36 scoreline - seems like a case of outscoring the opposition in a shootout, while I am probably old school - stop them scoring & you will be very hard to beat.
Have to admit - some exciting play to watch & potentially in this young Manly side theres 5 - 6 potential NRL players so the future again - looks bright

Good positive sign...our last starting prop in U20s Origin was J Trbojevic...

I have seen a youtube clip of Liam Knight, but that is all. How is he developing - is he big enough for first grade, any special attributes such as the Trbojevic rib-tickler? There was also another young prop we bought last year, whose name I forget. Think he was only playing u16s or something, but he was BIG and very solid. Think he came from Norths juniors. Would like to know how he's getting on...

I wonder if FOXTEL will show these Junior Games?[/QUOTE]

HM, I think Foxtel DID show the U20s game last year...but they didn't show the U18s game before Origin 2 this year, so who knows. That one was live-streamed from the NSWRL website though, so if you have a reliable broadband connection you should be able to watch it regardless.

Knight was beaver-like in ball and flegg, scoring many tries and even kicking goals. One game he scored all the points, about 28 from memory. It is really interesting that he is developing into a prop! He may become the most skillful prop ever.

I remember a rumour from earlier in the year that Knight had signed with Melbourne for 2016...........can anyone confirm that it is nonsense??

Pretty sure that rumour was for this year and I haven't heard anything since.. Would we be letting him warm up with the firsts if he has signed with the storm?

Congrats to Liam Knight (starting prop) and Addison Demetriou (bench) selected for the under 20s Blues.
Hope we utilise these boys from our ranks like Des has done with Jackson and Lane at the dogs.

1. Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters) 2. Brian Kelly (Gold Coast) 3. John Olive (South Sydney) 4. Robert Jennings (Penrith) 5. Brent Naden (Penrith) 6. Jackson Hastings (Sydney Roosters) 7. Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra) 8. Alex Twal (Parramatta) 9. Grant Garvey (Sydney Roosters) 10. Liam Knight (Manly) 11. Joe Stimson (Melbourne) 12. Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta) 13. Luke Yates (Newcastle)

Interchange: 14. Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers) 15. Oliver Clarke (Penrith) 16. Addison Demetriou (Manly) 17. Hame Sele (St George Illawarra) 18. Matt Woods (Wests Tigers)
Des not utilizing young props is why we lost JWH,he is the worst at using talent

Des not utilizing young props is why we lost JWH,he is the worst at using talent
I was referring to the promotion of Klemmer, Jackson and Lane who all came through the 20s and are killing it in first grade. Hargreaves was thrown huge bucks by the roosters, was given plenty of opportunities at manly

Just posted on other thread about Addison, prop on the bench and Liam a second rower a starting prop?
Also see others have sighted Oliver Clarke from Penrith.
Thus we have Jake T, Addison and Liam good prospects for the future in the forwards.
Let Foran go and sign our future.
Think our 20's are a big chance if Tom T plays.
Do we keep him in first grade?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4