NSW V QUEENSLAND ORIGIN 1 CHAT THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
NSW have named their team for the opening Origin encounter in Melbourne.
1 Stewart
2 Hayne
3 Jennings
4 Morris
5 Uate
6 Carney
7 Pearce
13 stewart
12 Lewis
11 Creagh
10 Tamoa
9 Farah

14 Buhrer
15 Bird
16 Merrin
17 Williams

Queensland have named their team for the opening Origin encounter in Melbourne.

1. Billy Slater

2. Darius Boyd

3. Greg Inglis

4. Justin Hodges

5. Brent Tate

6. Johnathan Thurston

7. Cooper Cronk

8. Matthew Scott

9. Cameron Smith (c)

10. Petero Civoniceva

11. Nate Myles

12. Sam Thaiday

13. Ashley Harrison

Reserves:

14. Matt Gillett

15. David Taylor

16. Ben Hannant

17. David Shillington

18th man - Daly Cherry-Evans

19th man - Dane Nielsen

#Origin1 #goNSW #BlueWash #TeamNSW #gotheblues #uptheBLUES #CrushCaneToads #LOLDarius #EndOfDomination2012

It's a complete mismatch through the centres.

Other than that I reckon we have or best have in a few years.

So much for loyalty, eh Ricky?
He is so full of crap.
This NSW team won't do any better than the last six have, unfortunately.

The Who said:
So much for loyalty, eh Ricky?
He is so full of crap.
This NSW team won't do any better than the last six have, unfortunately.

Without their best player in Gallen and only 16 players I'm not surprised. :p ^^

Queensland are much better in the backs, the halves, the forwards, the bench, the coach, and they have a better home ground, more experience and much better team morale.

Aside from that, I think we have them covered.

MadMarcus said:
Queensland are much better in the backs, the halves, the forwards, the bench, the coach, and they a better home ground, more experience and much better team morale.

Aside from that, I think we have them covered.

... and their maroon colour is much more fetching.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Is that the biggest Origin bench ever assembled??!!
DCE doesn't miss our game this weekend, does he?

No Crusher he's right to play for us

The only Qld question marks for me are Tate and Harrison. Yep, they have done it before for them so I guess that is good enough. On paper they will cruise this one.

Queenslands trump card (if they need one) will be the death of beetson. If there was ever any doubt that the toads had the motivation to win yet another series then that disappeared when Artie shuffled off this mortal coil. They already had the skill, now they have the reason. 3-0.

Im over QLD and their winning streak, i hope NSW smashes them, there are enough Manly players in the side to give us a good chance. I hope Snake scores a triple just to ram it right up these QLD pricks and the bogans that are complaining that Dugan isn't at fullback. Im also hoping Trex can use Slater as a speedhump again :) Go you blues!!!

Manly Sea Eagles youngster Jamie Buhrer ready for Origin
Herald Sun - ‎7 hours ago‎
The Manly utility made his representative debut for City this year and has stepped up to the State of Origin furnace. "It has all happened quite fast," Buhrer said yesterday. "It was a step-up playing in City-Country and this will be another step-up.

Buhrer was confident he'd make squad
Sydney Morning Herald - ‎7 hours ago‎
While Gidley is a fullback or halfback who usually plays dummy half when he comes off the bench for NSW and Australia, Buhrer's regular position for Manly is in the back row. However, he can also play centre or five-eighth and Sea Eagles recruitment ...
Sea Eagle wants Origin super-sub role
ABC Online - ‎13 hours ago‎
The 22-year-old Sea Eagles player, who can't get into the run-on side in a full-strength Manly side, admitted the call-up wasn't really on his radar. "(It's) starting to sink in now," Buhrer said. "Growing up you always want to represent your state.

Buhrer to fill Gidley's utility role for Blues
Sydney Morning Herald - ‎May 13, 2012‎
WATCHING Jamie Buhrer pass out of dummy half as Manly warmed up at Brookvale Oval before last weekend's match against Canberra helped convince Ricky Stuart that the versatile Sea Eagle was the man to replace Kurt Gidley as the NSW bench utility.
Buhrer ready to fill Gidley's shoes
Brisbane Times - ‎16 hours ago‎
The 22-year-old Sea Eagles player, who can't get into the run-on side in a full-strength Manly side, admitted the call-up wasn't really on his radar. "Growing up you always want to represent your state. To be here this young I feel privileged and ready ...

link to all above https://news.google.com.au/news/story?q=manly+sea+eagles&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvnsu&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=955&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dU_RUJB3tf8Fl_MS8c-xwLCU2wkrM&ei=cHaxT8WUJI2ziQe-wp3uCA&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQqgIwAA

@GrillTeam
"Watmough came of age in the the #Origin series last year" - Gorden Tallis on Triple M.

@GrillTeam
"There's not many weaknesses in the NSW side. Jarryd Hayne is a wonderful player" - Gorden Tallis on Triple M. #UpTheBlues #Origin

Us NSW boys will do well to stick with QLD this series, agree its probably our best team in the last 6 years. Will be interesting.

It's a sad life I have, living in Queensland almost the lone NSW voice (that's a lie there's actually a heap of us up here) and you get people like Commander come on here wishing for a "spirited, well supported contest", when he knows it's another "stroll in the park" for this Queensland Juggernaut.

On paper we have a reasonable side, and I am sure they'll try their hardest and I for one will certainly be cheering for them BUT just look at that Queensland team will you, we have a team of stars theirs is full of superstars.

For me there's only the wings where they have any danger, how will Tate go (long time since he's played at this level) and also Boyd go (who is really a fullback)...other than that it looks to be a total mis-match.

And the bookies think the same, quoted up here this morning QLD $1.40 NSW $2.65

That gap may get closer by next Wednesday but don't we all yearn for the days when it would be $1.52 NSW / $1.53 QLD (or vice versa).

Very sadly I reckon this great QLD team has another 3-4 years at the top, so their "10 years in a row" is def possible.

It's just so hard to fathom after 30 years of the two sides not having a struck match between them that we are now in a posistion to not only be facing another series loss but potentially another 3 or 4!!

I hope I am wrong.

Does anyone know is this the first time Brett & Glenn have played together in the same Blues team?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7