NSWRL bans Manly junior rep teams!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
"...as Manly have also been told it cannot field teams in the Harold Matthews (under-16s) or SG Ball (under-18s) in 2011."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/raiders-to-lose-their-star-nursery/story-e6frg7mf-1225938378088

The NSWRL created this situation that led to Manly and other clubs putting players in the Queensland Cup and now their answer is to not find a solution but to punish the junior development of the game! 

How soon before the new Commission takes over the running of our great game?

Their aim is to get this change in so that it takes 75% of a vote to change it when the commission is in place.

So if Canberra are forced to play all their juniors in QLD, and their first senior game is in QLD as a QLD registered player, in future, the next Josh Dugan, Todd Carney, Joel Thompson will all be eligible for QLD.

Good work NSW, that will work out beautifully. ****en idiots.

We desperately need to retain and draw on the junior nursery of Sunshine Coast. We cannot sustain just on the Manly Warringah junior area alone. This short sighted infantile decision by the NSWRL board of ****wits illustrates why we need an independant commission with all leagues under one banner and why NSW at origin level is so stuffed.

I think we need to get together as a group again like we did for snake and threaten to boycott NSWRL that includes protesting at blues games. These people need to be stopped, and why is it that we seem to be the only club with these problems. I will stop supporting NSW blues if they continue to do this.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287049330[/time]

I notice it doesnt effect Saints. I tell you those saints basturds run the game to suit themselves these days more than Arko ever did. All this will do is deplete NSW and if we have to leave QLD it will strengthen the Broncos. What planet are the NSWRL on???? I dont fancy watching NSW next year anyway as it will be a Saints and Gasnier love fest with another QLD win.

Volley link said:
So if Canberra are forced to play all their juniors in QLD, and their first senior game is in QLD as a QLD registered player, in future, the next Josh Dugan, Todd Carney, Joel Thompson will all be eligible for QLD.

Good work NSW, that will work out beautifully. f**ken idiots.

Not necessarily there a heap of Qlder's playing in the SG Ball and Harold Matt's and they'll play for Qld

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287086021[/time]

I would love Manly to do this, Okay you want us and Canberra to play in the NSW Cup. Go over to Canberra tell them we'll supply half the team and they supply the other half. Canberra's main reason for not wanting a NSW Cup side is how much it cost's.
Melbourne and the Sharks are doing the same thing next season. They will have to let us play in the junior comp's because the other 2 sides are fielding teams in it

It says in the Sunshine Coast Daily today Manly is going to continue its relationship with the Coast despite pressure from the NSW League.

This comp is run by monkeys but in saying that I do believe we need a NSW Cup side. Its way better to have 38 players on your books than 25-26 players and then go digging into the U20's. 

Manly want to but cannot afford the $500,000 it costs to field a reserve grade side.  The sunshine coast is a considerably cheaper option for us.

Maybe if gallop gave us $500k we would field a side.  We (and the young players) shounld't be penalised for our financial limitations.

Another way to get around it is have a local team or whoever play as our "NSW Cup" team let them get flogged week in, week out. But still send our fringe first grader player's to the SCSE.

NSWRL will have no option but to allow us to play in the junior comp

Rambo1987 link said:
This comp is run by monkeys but in saying that I do believe we need a NSW Cup side. Its way better to have 38 players on your books than 25-26 players and then go digging into the U20's. 

The Toyota cup backs so far have been very legit
The jury is out on the forwards though

tookey link said:
Manly want to but cannot afford the $500,000 it costs to field a reserve grade side.  The sunshine coast is a considerably cheaper option for us.

Maybe if gallop gave us $500k we would field a side.  We (and the young players) shounld't be penalised for our financial limitations.

This is the exactly situation.  $$$ dictates that Qld Cup is the cheaper option. Therefore for the same reason Manly can't afford to consider sending 16's and 18's north each week to Qld. So can Manly afford to turn their backs on SG Ball or Harold Matts.

Also at this late stage in the year if Manly are forced to play NSW Cup they don't have enough players to field a NSW Cup team. This is despite the fact that a couple of Toyota Cup aged players have been told that they will be playing Qld or NSW Cup in 2011.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6