NYC - Holden Cup - Finals Week 3, 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
We are playing @nthqldcowboys in Holden Cup preliminary final at 5pm next Saturday in Melbourne.

Live on Fox

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Holden Cup Coach Dave Heath has named his team to play North Queensland Cowboys at AAMI Park this Saturday.

The preliminary final kicks off at 5pm and will be shown live on Fox Sports. The winner will advance to the grand final to play the winner of the Penrith-Warriors preliminary final (Friday night).

The Cowboys will start favourites following their two wins over the Sea Eagles in the regular season and have had a week off.

The Sea Eagles recorded a tough semi-final win over Wests Tigers last Friday night.

Sea Eagles team

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Jesse Bogle

3. Addison Demetriou

4. Jesse Ramien

5. Mitch Thomas

6. Will Pearsall (C)

7. Riley Travers

8. Liam Knight

9. Hugh Pratt

10. Jesse Maxwell

11. Luke Garner

12. Billy Bainbridge

13. Darcy Cox

Interchange

14. Nicho Hynes

15. James Parker

16. Dallas Koen

17. Moses Noovao-McGreal

Keep flying the Manly colours :clap:

Last edited:
Warriors smashed Broncos who had half of their side picked in the best U20's side in the comp. They are big too. Who knows in Melbourne anything can happen.

It would be so good to gave the NYC in the GF.:)

Penriff are physically huge, so beating them maybe improbable :cool:

You know I saw enough 2 weeks ago against Penrith to say we can challenge them .. we just need to take our chances.

The Cowboys U/20's are going to be tough to beat but as we saw today with Japan beating South Africa in the World Cup there are no certainties in sport!!

The boys have already exceeded expectations so anything more this season is a bonus!!

Manly still alive in 2015:):)

Keel said.
You know I saw enough 2 weeks ago against Penrith to say we can challenge them .. we just need to take our chances.

The Cowboys U/20's are going to be tough to beat but as we saw today with Japan beating South Africa in the World Cup there are no certainties in sport!!

The boys have already exceeded expectations so anything more this season is a bonus!!

Manly still alive in 2015:):)

Well said. Anything can happen on the night, good luck to the boys

Last edited by a moderator:
Another massive blunder by the tools who run our game. How idiotic to schedule a school boys international and this game that robs teams of vital players for semi finals. That is plain daft!!!

Luckily the PNG Hunters who are made up of mostly Kumuls, lost in the Intrust Cup last week.
Otherwise the PM XIII would have played a reserve grade PNG Team, due to this game being scheduled during our Finals :banghead:

Playing in Melbourne will be a huge advantage! Remember State Of Origin Game Two? NSW won, and a big factor for the QLD defeat was the travel. QLD had to travel further, causing tiredness and fatigue. The Cowboys need to travel even further because they are based all the way up in Townsville. We are closer to home, so technically it's a home game for us.

Two more wins!

Another massive blunder by the tools who run our game. How idiotic to schedule a school boys international and this game that robs teams of vital players for semi finals. That is plain daft!!!

There are so many incorrect facts within this post I don't know where to begin...

The fact is the school boys international game has meant that there half Cleary has chosen this game over the riffs semi. The presidents game I stand corrected.
You and I are correct for both games.
If the PNG Hunters were playing this week, then the majority of their players would have pulled out to take their place in the Kumuls Team playing the Prime Ministers XIII .
Only the NRL could schedule 2 concurrent games for the same players :confused:

Dave Heath has named his Sea Eagles side to take on the North Queensland Cowboys this Saturday afternoon at AAMI Park in a must win clash.

The prize at stake for the young Sea Eagles is a place in the grand final.

Sea Eagles team

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Jesse Bogle

3. Addison Demetriou

4. Jesse Ramien

5. Mitch Thomas

6. Will Pearsall (C)

7. Riley Travers

8. Liam Knight

9. Hugh Pratt

10. Jesse Maxwell

11. Luke Garner

12. Billy Bainbridge

13. Darcy Cox

Interchange

14. Nicho Hynes

15. James Parker

16. Dallas Koen

17. Moses Noovao-McGreal

A slightly stronger team than the one which defeated the Tigers. But whether Tom Turbo and Hugh Pratt are fully fit must be questionable. If they are then this team has a great chance to win through to the GF.

It says in today's "Daily":
'Hugh Pratt faces a concussion test this week after he was forced from the field in the second half when making a regulation tackle.
Brilliant fullback Tom Trbojevic is still managing a cork he picked up when playing first grade versus the Sharks in round 26 at Remondis Stadium. He will be given every chance to play against the Cowboys.'

I guess its a 50/50 chance they'll play. Good luck boys and Go Manly!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6