NZ after Foran, and so it begins...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Story by Michael Burgess |
The Sunday Mail (Qld)

KIERAN Foran has emerged as one of the Warriors’ major targets for the 2016 season.

The Kiwis five eighth, who featured in the 14-12 win over Samoa on Saturday, is off contract with Manly at the end of next year.

The 24-year-old combined superbly with Shaun Johnson in last week’s historic win over the Kangaroos, giving a taste of what the duo could produce if they were united at Mt Smart Stadium.

Read more

strone33 said:
http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl/warriors-target-sea-eagles-fiveeighth-kieran-foran-for-nrl-season-2016/story-fndv2vpx-1227109489268

I really want Foz to stay and be a one club man.
Foz is one of the best players we have right now and a true champion.
I believe he has the ability and talent to go all the way and beat the record for most games as a Sea Eagle.
However, if he ever decide he does want to leave, I rather he go to the Warriors than any other NRL team, especially NOT the slime scums.

I reckon he might surprise and re sign. It would be hard to walk away from the Norther Beaches lifestyle. A little cuddle from Penn and some reassuring words should do the trick.

The club needs to be decisive about the future of Foz and DCE.

We cant afford to have endless speculation derail another season.

Offers needs to be submitted with a deadline so that the club knows early what their intentions for 2016 and beyond are.

Expect many offers to come in from rival clubs and expect both players to be linked with just about every club.

The Penn Group now have the chance to set a precedent over this. I wish them luck in retaining these guys but if we lose one or both of them, we move on as a club!!

Jerry1 said:
simz said:
Offer him the captaincy.

Yeah fork off Jamie Lyon - no way he deserves to be captain hey.

R u serious

After Jamie obviously. I would expect manly would want him on a 4yr contract, Jamie has 2yrs left. So the last yrs of his contract should guarantee him the captaincy.

He's a very emotional young chap. 'Hearts and minds' applies here 100%. Show him the love. Show him the change in culture. Remind him what is the essence of the Manly spirit. Get close to the $$ on offer from the other clubs. And he's ours.
Simple.
Next.

He's gone. We need to consider back-up plans like we did with Stewart / Choc.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
He's a very emotional young chap. 'Hearts and minds' applies here 100%. Show him the love. Show him the change in culture. Remind him what is the essence of the Manly spirit. Get close to the $$ on offer from the other clubs. And he's ours.
Simple.
Next.

Sometimes he wakes and thinks "awww ****, I feel like a change". Yeah, his passion for the club is just amazing. Hahahahahaha. I can see him kissing our emblem - NOT.

When you've got a group of close mates (Snake, Choc, Gift, Foz, Skiv), four of which are two time premiership winners at the club, and one of them gets shown the door, without so much as an offer, you can see how things are going to start turning pear shaped.

Choc and Foz were the two most outwardly opposed to the gift shafting, and as a result, both have been put through the cleaners by the fans, and slapped with media bans by the club. You can see why Choc wanted out, and why Foz has thoughts of leaving. These two guys feel betrayed by the club, and lambasted by the fans.

Ryan said:
He's gone. We need to consider back-up plans like we did with Stewart / Choc.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Simple.
Next.

Sometimes he wakes and thinks "awww ..., I feel like a change". Yeah, his passion for the club is just amazing. Hahahahahaha. I can see him kissing our emblem - NOT.

Aaah, very emotional young chap vs very angry old man.

Snake said:
bones said:
simz said:
Offer him the captaincy.

I believe the club has earmarked Jamie Buhrer for the captaincy.

You reckon? I think DCE or Foz (depending on who stays) would get it over Ferris.

And yet our current captain was a most reluctant captain indeed - and is great at it. Funny how a carrot for some is nothing of the sort for others.

NZ after Foran, and so it begins... ??

You should change the title to, NZ after Foran, and so it continues...

Anyway, he's not going to NZ. He is going to sign with the Storm.

Considering it's the 2nd November there will probably be an initial offer from a stack of clubs come Tmrw. If he is 100% leaving he will sign with a new club in the very near future. However i think he will wait until the season is underway and sees where the club is headed before he decides on where his future lies.

Foz is a really quality player and is still only 24, every club would like to have a player of his quality, age and experience in their team.

He says he wakes up one day and wants to stay, other days wants to leave. This can be seen as a negative comment but i see it as he still loves this club hence why he is torn. It would be hard to commit long term to the club when the club had no long term plans in where it was headed without a unified board and players considered Manly through and Through not being 'looked after'.

But i think with some forward direction, less off field drama both in the team and board might spark that passion for the club he had and help him realise that this is where he wants to be.

Until he signs elsewhere there will be a lot of BS in the media, just like in 2012 when Des left.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8